Iron Man 2

[quote]kevinm1 wrote:
Dying to see Munn’s role in the film, they’ve kept it so secret and imdb has changed it twice. [/quote]
Spoiler?

I here she is the Wasp. Is it true?

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

Here’s a link to some nice pictures and possible easter egg spoilers
do not click unless you want to see

It was great!

Saw the midnight showing last night…absolutely awesome, worth every penny. Kick-ass action scenes, perfectly timed and positioned humor, Scarlett (wow)…pure summer blockbuster entertainment.

Gotta see it (in the very least) in a digital audio/video theater, cause the audio is freakin sick…was done by Skywalker Sound and really stood out in the action scenes.

Whiplash was awesome, Mickey Rourke was perfect for it.

Go see it.

I saw the midnight showing last nigh and I was kinda disappointed with the lack of action that was in it. The acting was great and the story line was cool but if you guys honestly think about the movie there were:

SPOILER ALERT!!

only two action scenes. The race track scene and the end where they fights the drones. The little fight with War Machine was kinda cheesy IMO. So to say the least I was kinda disappointed. Also the fight with Whiplash was waaaay too brief. It was probably the worst boss fight I’ve seen in a comic movie. To put the icing on the cake the theater we went to cut off the credits before the end so I missed the big surprise. So all in all I give it a 6.5 out of 10

Tang…Tang. damn brotha. You kinda just knocked the candy right out of my hand.

[quote]Pootie Tang wrote:
I saw the midnight showing last nigh and I was kinda disappointed with the lack of action that was in it. The acting was great and the story line was cool but if you guys honestly think about the movie there were:

SPOILER ALERT!!

only two action scenes. The race track scene and the end where they fights the drones. The little fight with War Machine was kinda cheesy IMO. So to say the least I was kinda disappointed. Also the fight with Whiplash was waaaay too brief. It was probably the worst boss fight I’ve seen in a comic movie. To put the icing on the cake the theater we went to cut off the credits before the end so I missed the big surprise. So all in all I give it a 6.5 out of 10[/quote]

I’m going to take the other side here and say I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn’t a long, drawn-out battle at the end. There was just enough action in the movie for me.

[quote]four60 wrote:
Tang…Tang. damn brotha. You kinda just knocked the candy right out of my hand. [/quote]

Sorry brotha I had to tell it like it is. This movie is definitely not for action junkies. There is more action in the god awful first Hulk movie than in this flick. As I said before the acting is great and the overall story is cool but there are long stretches where not a god damned thing happens action wise. See it if you wanna see a good drama not for the action.

…Pootie, I never thought I would say this to you.

GTFO!

That movie kicked ass. Good story, good plot, and the good amount action.

WolBarret gives it: 4.5 DebraD asses out of 5

p.s.

I loved the scene that showed after the credits!

[quote]Nards wrote:

SPOILER ALERT!!

only two action scenes. The race track scene and the end where they fights the drones. The little fight with War Machine was kinda cheesy IMO. So to say the least I was kinda disappointed. Also the fight with Whiplash was waaaay too brief. It was probably the worst boss fight I’ve seen in a comic movie. To put the icing on the cake the theater we went to cut off the credits before the end so I missed the big surprise. So all in all I give it a 6.5 out of 10[/quote]

I’m going to take the other side here and say I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn’t a long, drawn-out battle at the end. There was just enough action in the movie for me.[/quote]

I can see why you would say that but come on! the Whiplash fight was approximately 60 seconds long they could have done waaay better than that. Also SPOILER ALERT!!

The whole Predator ripoff at the end with the self destruct sequence was just a slap in the face, Also You have two of the most powerful characters in Marvel (Iron Man & War Machine) and you relegate them to a chase scene and super quick battle at the end? I liked the story but dude, Favreau needed to realize he wasn’t directing a romantic comedy this is fucking Iron Man and Iron Man needs to fuck shit up!

/rant

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

GTFO!

p.s.

[/quote]

I agree on 2/3 of your points Wol but search your soul and you will find the truth it needed more action. You also have to understand that I just saw Kick-Ass earlier in the day and that was an action orgy. So this was a big disappointment to me in the Action Dept.

Quality over quantity!

We can debate it over a friendly game of MW2 later on today.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

GTFO!

p.s.

[/quote]

I agree on 2/3 of your points Wol but search your soul and you will find the truth it needed more action. You also have to understand that I just saw Kick-Ass earlier in the day and that was an action orgy. So this was a big disappointment to me in the Action Dept.
[/quote]

I’m all for mindless violence and titties. But this film had the right amount of action. It wasn’t random battle encounters. It had a build up to each fight. And when there was fighting, it was quick and brutal.

And before you saying anything, I’ll end my retort with this:

Superman Returns

Plus, the gadgets scenes, I mean check these out in case you forgot:

SPOILERS!

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

GTFO!

p.s.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I’m all for mindless violence and titties. But this film had the right amount of action. It wasn’t random battle encounters. It had a build up to each fight. And when there was fighting, it was quick and brutal.

Superman Returns

[/quote]

…Touche, but you should never mention that horrible movie out loud you may raise the Kraken.

I agree with all your points once again, but my beef is with the quick & brutal statement. It was way too quick… can you honestly say they did War Machine Justice? And sometimes you need random violence. Batman Returns was about 2 1/2 hrs long and it had more than enough action and suspense to keep the audience entertained. Now THAT is pacing.

And RSGZ bring it mate. Wol has already alerted me to your progression and I am betting a shotgun to the face that I will make my point later on today MW2 style.

And RSGZ bring it mate. Wol has already alerted me to your progression and I am betting a shotgun to the face that I will make my point later on today MW2 style.
[/quote]

Oh, it’s on!

[quote]RSGZ wrote:
Plus, the gadgets scenes, I mean check these out in case you forgot:

SPOILERS!

Dude the Tech scenes were great and Im sure we’ll have shit like that in about 20yrs.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

GTFO!

p.s.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Superman Returns

[/quote]

…Touche, but you should never mention that horrible movie out loud you may raise the Kraken.

I agree with all your points once again, but my beef is with the quick & brutal statement. It was way too quick… can you honestly say they did War Machine Justice? And sometimes you need random violence. Batman Returns was about 2 1/2 hrs long and it had more than enough action and suspense to keep the audience entertained. Now THAT is pacing.

[/quote]

That much is true. With RSGZ’s new play style, a shot gun can finish him.

Let’s agree to disagree about Iron Man 2. And we can always agree that using DebraD’s ass as a rating system is an amazing idea.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
And we can always agree that using DebraD’s ass as a rating system is an amazing idea.[/quote]

Dat.Ass.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

GTFO!

p.s.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Superman Returns

[/quote]

[/quote]

That much is true. With RSGZ’s new play style, a shot gun can finish him.

Let’s agree to disagree about Iron Man 2. And we can always agree that using DebraD’s ass as a rating system is an amazing idea.[/quote]

Best. Rating. System. EVER!