Iron Man 2

[quote]OctoberGirl wrote:

First… can I say I am so happy that I bought Marvel stock when it was about $2.00 a share?

Second, I like Terrence Howard and I hope they can switch again, back to him.

I also liked the crossover in the Incredible Hulk movie.

[/quote]

“We’re putting together a team.”

I nerdgasmed upon hearing this. That plus the Nick Fury cameo was EPIC.

Nick Fury = badass

I like Terence Howard. He suited the role perfectly. Don Cheadle just doesn’t have the same ‘flavour’ for the role…

Ok, it looks like Favreau and RDJ are back for Iron Man 2 according to this interview:

http://www.filmofilia.com/2008/10/02/jon-favreau-talks-iron-man-2/

Whew!

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:
Ok, it looks like Favreau and RDJ are back for Iron Man 2 according to this interview:

Whew![/quote]

Why are you so concerned about Favreau? He had like two lines in the whole movie.

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:

Whew![/quote]

Thanks for posting that. That’s definitely a relief to see that.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Doug Adams wrote:

Whew!

Why are you so concerned about Favreau? He had like two lines in the whole movie.[/quote]

Favreau directed Iron Man.

[quote]AngryVader wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Doug Adams wrote:

Whew!

Why are you so concerned about Favreau? He had like two lines in the whole movie.

Favreau directed Iron Man.[/quote]

I thought we were talking strictly about acting.

My mistake.

From reading the article, it seems Jon Favreau is more psyched at the oppurtunity to play out the Happy Hogan and Pepper relationship than directing the movie!

The deflation of Favreau.

Before almost 300lbs

After close to 200.

Before almost 300lbs

After close to 200.[/quote]

Yeah in the special features of Iron Man it said he lost about 75 pounds from the beginning of preproduction until the end. He said he had his assistant make his food for him and stayed away from the craft services table, which is usually loaded with M&Ms, Twizzlers, and donuts.

Howard did an interview last week with NPR during which time he spoke about being dropped from the sequel. “It was the surprise of a lifetime. There was no explanation. [The contract] just…up and vanished,” Howard told NPR.

He continued, “I read something in the trades implicating that it was about money or something, but apparently the contracts that we write and sign aren’t worth the paper that they’re printed on, sometimes. Promises aren’t kept, and good faith negotiations aren’t always held up.”

Fucked up.

[quote]Backlash79 wrote:

Howard did an interview last week with NPR during which time he spoke about being dropped from the sequel. “It was the surprise of a lifetime. There was no explanation. [The contract] just…up and vanished,” Howard told NPR.

He continued, “I read something in the trades implicating that it was about money or something, but apparently the contracts that we write and sign aren’t worth the paper that they’re printed on, sometimes. Promises aren’t kept, and good faith negotiations aren’t always held up.”

Fucked up.[/quote]

Yes, it is. If the next one tanks, this is one of things I will blame it on.

Can’t he like sue, or something?

[quote]Der Candy wrote:
Can’t he like sue, or something?[/quote]

In today’s world, unless they already started shooting, fan response could possibly get him back in.

No one thought Family Guy would get back on tv after it was canceled. the fans changed that.

Before almost 300lbs

After close to 200.[/quote]

maybe T-Nation is getting to me, but i am on the fence as to which picture he looks better in

[quote]NeelyDan wrote:
Professor X wrote:

Before almost 300lbs

After close to 200.

maybe T-Nation is getting to me, but i am on the fence as to which picture he looks better in[/quote]

It’s Hollywood. They don’t even understand what muscle is supposed to look like. You will have hundreds of wannabe stars jumping on the Favreau Diet simply because he looks “skinnier” now.

I will say that he has the build to actually look impressive if he actually lifted a weight.

[quote]NeelyDan wrote:
Professor X wrote:

Before almost 300lbs

After close to 200.

maybe T-Nation is getting to me, but i am on the fence as to which picture he looks better in[/quote]

It’s the T-Nation. He is not built at all in the before pic, just fat.

Doug Adams wrote:
They’re trying to lowball Jon Favreau too. Hopefully the early success of their studio doesn’t make Marvel fall into some hubris- thinking they can do whatever they want and still make money. You can’t easily capture the kind of chemistry everyone had in the first Iron Man.

Agreed. I was looking forward to Howard as War Machine. he pulled off Rhodey perfectly.[/quote]

It’s things like this that convince me not to go to the movies unless there’s something that I really, really want to see. Hollywood needs to bleed out awhile, at it appears they’re doing that for the most part. It’s going to take the rest of the world awhile to catch on that the great majority of what Hollywood sells is pure garbage, and most of their sales are overseas, I think.

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:
I think it’ll be like trading Katie Holmes for Maggie Gyllenhaal. It will be a noticeable difference but may end up making the movie better.

As long as they keep Favreau and Downey the movie will kick ass.[/quote]

Fuck Maggie Gyllenhaal. Superheroes need Hot Girlfriends.

I really don’t get it. If you’re job is to be good looking, then you better be really fucking good at it because its a really easy job. Maggie Gyllenhaal is just bad at her job.