T Nation

Iron Man 2

Terrence Howard has been replaced by Don Cheadle as Rhodey. I like Don Cheadle but I don’t like it when they replace actors/actresses between movies. The article says “financial differences, among other reasons” so that says to me the studio tried to f*** Terrence Howard over and he told them to go f*** themselves.

Studio: “We can’t possibly pay you that much.”

TH: “You made money hand over fist with Iron Man and I’m playing a larger part in Iron Man 2 so I think I should get more money.”

Studio: “No no it’s not like that…blah blah blah”

TH: “Kiss my ass.”

[quote]Backlash79 wrote:

Terrence Howard has been replaced by Don Cheadle as Rhodey. I like Don Cheadle but I don’t like it when they replace actors/actresses between movies. The article says “financial differences, among other reasons” so that says to me the studio tried to f*** Terrence Howard over and he told them to go f*** themselves.

Studio: “We can’t possibly pay you that much.”

TH: “You made money hand over fist with Iron Man and I’m playing a larger part in Iron Man 2 so I think I should get more money.”

Studio: “No no it’s not like that…blah blah blah”

TH: “Kiss my ass.”[/quote]

For some reason this really doesn’t suprise me. I’m sure there is more to the situation.

I remember reading something about Don Cheadle being their original choice for Rhodey.

[quote]Backlash79 wrote:

Terrence Howard has been replaced by Don Cheadle as Rhodey. I like Don Cheadle but I don’t like it when they replace actors/actresses between movies. The article says “financial differences, among other reasons” so that says to me the studio tried to f*** Terrence Howard over and he told them to go f*** themselves.

Studio: “We can’t possibly pay you that much.”

TH: “You made money hand over fist with Iron Man and I’m playing a larger part in Iron Man 2 so I think I should get more money.”

Studio: “No no it’s not like that…blah blah blah”

TH: “Kiss my ass.”[/quote]

I agree. I don’t like it when they replace an actor between movies and I like Terrence Howard.

However, I like Don Cheadle, too.

As long as Downey Jr. and Favreau are still on board, then that’s enough for me.

They’re trying to lowball Jon Favreau too. Hopefully the early success of their studio doesn’t make Marvel fall into some hubris- thinking they can do whatever they want and still make money. You can’t easily capture the kind of chemistry everyone had in the first Iron Man.

wait,what?

I knew there was a reference to IM 2 when Rhodey looked at the suit and said,“another time” that opened him up to follow the comics.

but Howard did a good job,and cheeto (I know its not spelled that way I like saying it like that) I dont thihnk would match up.
I mean he is a great actor,I am sure he could nail the lines,but it would not be the same I dont think.
IMO that would almost be like swtching out and using a new actor for Tony Stark.

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:
They’re trying to lowball Jon Favreau too. Hopefully the early success of their studio doesn’t make Marvel fall into some hubris- thinking they can do whatever they want and still make money. You can’t easily capture the kind of chemistry everyone had in the first Iron Man.[/quote]

Agreed. I was looking forward to Howard as War Machine. he pulled off Rhodey perfectly.

[quote]Nich wrote:
wait,what?

I knew there was a reference to IM 2 when Rhodey looked at the suit and said,“another time” that opened him up to follow the comics.

but Howard did a good job,and cheeto (I know its not spelled that way I like saying it like that) I dont thihnk would match up.
I mean he is a great actor,I am sure he could nail the lines,but it would not be the same I dont think.
IMO that would almost be like swtching out and using a new actor for Tony Stark.
[/quote]

Agreed again. He is too important a character to just switch, especially when everything worked well the first time.

I hope this is just hype and not truth.

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:
They’re trying to lowball Jon Favreau too. Hopefully the early success of their studio doesn’t make Marvel fall into some hubris- thinking they can do whatever they want and still make money. You can’t easily capture the kind of chemistry everyone had in the first Iron Man.[/quote]

That scares me when I hear that. We’re finally in a place where comic book movies are great and are being taken seriously. The last thing we need is the studio actually responsible for some of these movies fucking it all up.

[quote]AngryVader wrote:
Doug Adams wrote:
They’re trying to lowball Jon Favreau too. Hopefully the early success of their studio doesn’t make Marvel fall into some hubris- thinking they can do whatever they want and still make money. You can’t easily capture the kind of chemistry everyone had in the first Iron Man.

That scares me when I hear that. We’re finally in a place where comic book movies are great and are being taken seriously. The last thing we need is the studio actually responsible for some of these movies fucking it all up.[/quote]

Yeah,me too. “If it ain’t broke…”

I also hate it when actors are switched between movies

However,with Don Cheadle’s experiance and skills,he may do a great job.
People will notice but it may turn out alright.
If the rumors are true.

I just read on wiki,Cheadle is down as being in Iron Man II in 2010
and this is off the wiki for Iron Man so I guess it may be truth afterall.

In October 2008, The Hollywood Reporter stated Don Cheadle would replace Terrence Howard. The trade journal explained many reasons, including Howard’s salary, resulted in him dropping out.[103] Beforehand, Cheadle commented he is a comic book fan, but felt there are not enough black superheroes.[104]

Did anyone see “Traitor” with Don Cheadle???

[quote]Nich wrote:
However,with Don Cheadle’s experiance and skills,he may do a great job.
People will notice but it may turn out alright.
If the rumors are true.

I just read on wiki,Cheadle is down as being in Iron Man II in 2010
and this is off the wiki for Iron Man so I guess it may be truth afterall.

In October 2008, The Hollywood Reporter stated Don Cheadle would replace Terrence Howard. The trade journal explained many reasons, including Howard’s salary, resulted in him dropping out.[103] Beforehand, Cheadle commented he is a comic book fan, but felt there are not enough black superheroes.[104]

[/quote]

If that is the ONLY big change, I can stomach it. If they start pulling out every other character, they will royally fuck this up.

I think it’ll be like trading Katie Holmes for Maggie Gyllenhaal. It will be a noticeable difference but may end up making the movie better.

As long as they keep Favreau and Downey the movie will kick ass.

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:
They’re trying to lowball Jon Favreau too. Hopefully the early success of their studio doesn’t make Marvel fall into some hubris- thinking they can do whatever they want and still make money. You can’t easily capture the kind of chemistry everyone had in the first Iron Man.[/quote]

That is f’ed up. If Jon Favreau doesn’t come back that will be a TRAVESTY.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

Agreed. I was looking forward to Howard as War Machine. he pulled off Rhodey perfectly.[/quote]

Exactly.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
I hope this is just hype and not truth.[/quote]

same here

I could take or leave Howard as an actor. He was okay as Rhodey, but it wasn’t really a well developed character in my opinion. He always seems to be whispering his lines, and essentially kills any chance of really dramatic stuff. If the basic reason is simply a salary dispute, I can believe it. A very good friend of mine has worked with him on a few projects, and has always had nothing but negative comments about what a stuck up a-hole he is.

Still… as ong as they stay true to farveau’s vision (with him scripting I assume), and downey’s in it, I’m not too worried.

S

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:
I think it’ll be like trading Katie Holmes for Maggie Gyllenhaal. It will be a noticeable difference but may end up making the movie better.

As long as they keep Favreau and Downey the movie will kick ass.[/quote]

I think that was just a terrible character regardless of who was playing her. Really, who slaps someone for wanting to kill the guy who guns down his parents? I would have shoved a Bat-a-rang right up her ass!!

But I think Cheatle would have been a better choice from the start but thought that Howard did a good job. They could get rid of the whole cast for all I care if they keep Gwyneth Paltrow and give her a nude scene in those heels…YEAH!!

First… can I say I am so happy that I bought Marvel stock when it was about $2.00 a share?

Second, I like Terrence Howard and I hope they can switch again, back to him.

I also liked the crossover in the Incredible Hulk movie.