T Nation

Iron Man 2 After Credits

[quote]Nards wrote:

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:
Thanks for that!

The weird thing for me is that IronMan seems more ‘realistic’ than Thor or the Hulk, so having him interact with them ( maybe in some future film, like the planned Avengers movie) seems a bit odd.
But I’d get over it and enjoy the movie anyway.[/quote]

Dude, its a comic book. You think its realistic for a man to build powered armor suit in a cave and make it out?

Come on. Take your realism elsewhere.[/quote]

I may have sounded more emphatic than I really was.
I just mean that the there’s Tony Stark making armour, then there’s Thor, who’s a god from Valhalla or something. I said I’d still enjoy the movie, but it’s just a little funny to have that kind of character in a movie at all, I think.
[/quote]

It depends on how they handle the character. There is more than one version of Thor. The “Ultimate” version is believed by SHIELD to be a crazy guy who fights for nature causes who THINKS he is Thor yet still has this strange ability to control the elements. Nick Fury doesn’t believe him even though it is apparently true.

I think an approach like that would help the audience as well even though “fan boys” may hate it.

[quote]Nards wrote:

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:
Thanks for that!

The weird thing for me is that IronMan seems more ‘realistic’ than Thor or the Hulk, so having him interact with them ( maybe in some future film, like the planned Avengers movie) seems a bit odd.

Dude, its a comic book. You think its realistic for a man to build powered armor suit in a cave and make it out?

I just mean that the there’s Tony Stark making armour, then there’s Thor, who’s a god from Valhalla or something. I said I’d still enjoy the movie, but it’s just a little funny to have that kind of character in a movie at all, I think.
[/quote]

Superman has 6 movies and he’s an alien from another planet who can turn back time by flying around the planet and can pick up an island full of kryptonite even though one piece of kryptonite turns him into a weak child.

Logic left the room a long time ago.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:
Thanks for that!

[/quote]

It depends on how they handle the character. There is more than one version of Thor. The “Ultimate” version is believed by SHIELD to be a crazy guy who fights for nature causes who THINKS he is Thor yet still has this strange ability to control the elements. Nick Fury doesn’t believe him even though it is apparently true.

I think an approach like that would help the audience as well even though “fan boys” may hate it.[/quote]

So we can believe an Alien from Krypton can turn back time by flying around the planet but if a God makes his way to planet Earth, its outlandish?

Don’t do this to me, X.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:
Thanks for that!

[/quote]

I think an approach like that would help the audience as well even though “fan boys” may hate it.[/quote]

So we can believe an Alien from Krypton can turn back time by flying around the planet but if a God makes his way to planet Earth, its outlandish?

Don’t do this to me, X. [/quote]

Superman is so ingrained in this country’s pop-culture that he literally needs little explanation. The same can NOT be said about Thor. There are 98 year olds walking around who can give you the rundown on who Superman is in every nursing home.

I bet you would NOT see the same for Thor even though they may have heard of him before. I don’t even dislike the character…but as a kid, most little boys weren’t putting towels on their backs to pretend to be Thor. They were doing it to be Superman.

I already know you like Thor’s underwear, but the “Norse God” angle has really only been approached lightly in media before. Hell “Greek Gods” generally get an all out cheesy approach from Hollywood. Can you name even one movie that focused on “Gods of Myth” (aside from the very first Clash Of The Titans) that did not suck on the big screen?

Whether an idea like this actually works depends on the writing team…and we have already mentioned several times that the last Superman movie sucked royal ass. No one cared about him lifting an island of Kryptonite because we had lost interest long before then in the movie.

I would HOPE you want better treatment of this character…and again, jumping head first into “MULTIPLE GOD TERRITORY” could very well be a mistake when it comes to believability.

Superman is so ingrained in this country’s pop-culture that he literally needs little explanation. The same can NOT be said about Thor. There are 98 year olds walking around who can give you the rundown on who Superman is in every nursing home.

I bet you would NOT see the same for Thor even though they may have heard of him before. I don’t even dislike the character…but as a kid, most little boys weren’t putting towels on their backs to pretend to be Thor. They were doing it to be Superman.

I already know you like Thor’s underwear, but the “Norse God” angle has really only been approached lightly in media before. Hell “Greek Gods” generally get an all out cheesy approach from Hollywood. Can you name even one movie that focused on “Gods of Myth” (aside from the very first Clash Of The Titans) that did not suck on the big screen?

Whether an idea like this actually works depends on the writing team…and we have already mentioned several times that the last Superman movie sucked royal ass. No one cared about him lifting an island of Kryptonite because we had lost interest long before then in the movie.

I would HOPE you want better treatment of this character…and again, jumping head first into “MULTIPLE GOD TERRITORY” could very well be a mistake when it comes to believability.[/quote]

Wol…quit being so sensitive.

re: Thor

These should hold you over until the movie comes out:

http://www.immortalthor.net/cartoon.html