T Nation

Iron Game

is gone. Whyyyyyyy? I realize it’s been down for a while but I only just got to asking. WHY?

Whatchu talkin’ 'bout, DooMMooD?

Random thread of the day?

Pancakes.

Waffles

[quote]DooMMOoD wrote:
is gone. Whyyyyyyy? I realize it’s been down for a while but I only just got to asking. WHY?[/quote]

Probably a $$$ thing. Will all of us downloading those movies, somebody had to pay for the bandwidth…

[quote]michael2507 wrote:
Pancakes.[/quote]

Why is this a sensless thread. He asked a legitimate question. The site has been down for at least a couple months and no one seems to know why. Iron game probably had the best collection of PL videos on the web, i would like to know why it ceased and what happened to their archive of videos as well

[quote]robo1 wrote:
Why is this a sensless thread. He asked a legitimate question. The site has been down for at least a couple months and no one seems to know why. Iron game probably had the best collection of PL videos on the web, i would like to know why it ceased and what happened to their archive of videos as well[/quote]

Because he posted a random thread that 99% of the people on these forums don’t have a clue what he’s talking about!

I’ve never heard of Iron Game.

[quote]PGA wrote:
Because he posted a random thread that 99% of the people on these forums don’t have a clue what he’s talking about!
[/quote]

Well, he is clearly not writing this message for you or the other 99% of the people on this site.

Would it have helped if he put a wikipedia link to it so you were brought up to speed?

[quote]
I’ve never heard of Iron Game.[/quote]

Most people involved in strength sports have.

I too would be interested in the reason why it has closed down. Surely they could have put some notice up.

[quote]Iron Beast wrote:
PGA wrote:

Well, he is clearly not writing this message for you or the other 99% of the people on this site.

Would it have helped if he put a wikipedia link to it so you were brought up to speed?

I’ve never heard of Iron Game.

Most people involved in strength sports have.

I too would be interested in the reason why it has closed down. Surely they could have put some notice up.

[/quote]

Maybe just a little “Where has the site Iron Game gone?” would have been a little less vague.

What was this Iron Game you speak of?

[quote]PGA wrote:
Maybe just a little “Where has the site Iron Game gone?” would have been a little less vague.
[/quote]

I agree that it was vague as a high portion of the posts on this site have become.

The way the post was written was asking for trouble.

[quote]
What was this Iron Game you speak of?[/quote]

Just a PL specific site. Programs, videos and etc related to the Iron Game.

It was a decent resource but not anyway near as good as this one.

That’s too bad. They had some cool classic WSM videos.

You bastages don’t know ANYTHING

The iron game is, y’know, kind of like all those drinking games. Goes like this:

You get a bunch of muscleheads in a gym and throw up a an old star trek rerun. Every time Kirk says something stupid, or makes his dramatic pause, everyone has to do one ATG squat with 300 pounds. The game is over when everyone but the winner has puked.

I hear that’s how Dave Tate got so hyooge!

Harr, I shoulda been more specific. Irongame.com was a website that had tons of videos from PL comps all over the world and new ones were posted every couple months. They also had bios on a lot of the powerlifters. The site was just plain awesome and now it is no longer in existence. I just wanted to know how COME?