Iron Dwarf, I Think this Belongs to You...

[quote]rds63799 wrote:
he was good in this one too

EDIT: Dammit! White screen of death.

It was supposed to be “Little Girls” by Oingo Boingo[/quote]

LOL! Oh the love around here!

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
ID’s illustrations are just awesome.

And good thing he pursued art and not that ‘dance/lute’ thing he experimented with in the 80’s, although he was great in this video.

LMFAO!!

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]Ambugaton wrote:
ID,

Have you read the fine print concerning what rights Facebook claims to images posted on its site? I know nothing about the legality of something like this but I’ve heard they reserve the rights to all posted photos. I can’t say if that’s true or not but I’d hate to see you lose your work to Facebook.

Boogie[/quote]

Ugh! I need to look into that!

Thanks, Ambugaton![/quote]

https://www.facebook.com/legal/terms
Last Revised: June 8, 2012

Also found this (Who Owns the Media on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter?) on what it means:

[quote]fncj wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]Ambugaton wrote:
ID,

Have you read the fine print concerning what rights Facebook claims to images posted on its site? I know nothing about the legality of something like this but I’ve heard they reserve the rights to all posted photos. I can’t say if that’s true or not but I’d hate to see you lose your work to Facebook.

Boogie[/quote]

Ugh! I need to look into that!

Thanks, Ambugaton![/quote]

https://www.facebook.com/legal/terms
Last Revised: June 8, 2012

Also found this (Who Owns the Media on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter?) on what it means:

Crap. And I have a full FB account HIGHLIGHTING my illustration.

Thanks Fncj!

[quote]Marzouk wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=424401437614276&set=a.266770546710700.68193.258498380871250&type=1&ref=nf[/quote]

Thank you. Because of this link i just discovered i can go on facebook at work if i add “https://” to the beginning of the address.

ID, I remember a while back seeing your story about the painting you tried giving to Arnold that he signed instead of taking. Turns out it got to him. He says thanks.

LOL Chris!

That painting DOES look very similar to the one I painted.
I believe that artist and I probably used the same photograph as a reference.

ID, pretty sure this Arnold pic is yours too. You better protect this. Who knows how many people have copied it by now.

LMFAO!!!

Even the split in the teeth proves it’s Arnold!

lol

you met Arnie? That’s cool

Dude when I look at your art. For some reason it makes me happy. Like I’m a child again. I it’s something about the cartoon style.

[quote]paulieserafini wrote:
Dude when I look at your art. For some reason it makes me happy. Like I’m a child again. I it’s something about the cartoon style.

[/quote]

That’s the idea!
I’m pleased you get it, Paulie!

[quote]rds63799 wrote:
you met Arnie? That’s cool[/quote]

Yeah, briefly. I’ve told that story here before, but I’ll retell it.

Back in '78 I attended one of George Snyder’s “Mr World” shows. Arnold had been retired from competition, but was slated to be the emcee that night.

Days before the show, I made an oil painting of Arnold with the intention that I’d trade the painting for an autograph if I could somehow get to Arnold (such grand schemes for the fifteen year old newb that I was).

Toward the end of the long show, I made my way to the foot of the stage… painting in one hand, program book and pen in the other. Arnold was just finishing up an announcement and started to head backstage when I called out his name. He turned around, looked down from the stage at me holding the painting up for him to see, and came to the edge of the stage. I was exhilarated!

I told him he could have the painting I made for him if he just signs my program book. He misunderstood me and took the painting and the pen and proceeded to sign the painting! I tried to explain again what I wanted, but someone backstage was calling him away. He looked at me and said, “I’ll be back” (I kid you not), then disappeared behind the curtains. I waited for a few minutes, but then an usher angrily told me to return to my seat (almost halfway back in the theater).

Back in my seat, I was bummed out that it didn’t go as planned, but the friends I came to the show with were ecstatic! I got to see the KING up close, and he signed my painting! Back home my dad was impressed. At school nobody could care less except for the handful of kids “in the know”.

My mom still has that painting at her house (the ink has faded a bit, but it’s still Arnold’s recognizable handwriting). She was wondering how much it would sell for on E-bay. lol

ID, i just moved into my new office and have 3 8.5 x 11.5 photo frames, your stuff is awesome. how do we do this :slight_smile:

Hey ID,

How much do you charge to commission a piece, like say the size of an avatar, or the side of a header/title on a webpage?

[quote]London Runner wrote:
Hey ID,

How much do you charge to commission a piece, like say the size of an avatar, or the side of a header/title on a webpage?

[/quote]

Depends on what you want. I have SO much bodybuilding art I’ve created that sometimes I might have what you need, so it would be free (unless your page is used for commerce).

PM me with more specifics.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

Depends on what you want. I have SO much bodybuilding art I’ve created that sometimes I might have what you need, so it would be free (unless your page is used for commerce).

PM me with more specifics.[/quote]

Unfortunately I do not have the ability to PM. Any other way of getting in touch? It would not be something that’s used for commercial purposes. Just for a personal website header.

[quote]London Runner wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

PM me with more specifics.[/quote]

Unfortunately I do not have the ability to PM. Any other way of getting in touch? It would not be something that’s used for commercial purposes. Just for a personal website header.[/quote]

Can you accept PMs? I can PM you my email address.

Yes I believe I can. Thanks!

EDIT: If you’ve sent the PM, then it means I cannot receive either…

[quote]Marzouk wrote:
ID, i just moved into my new office and have 3 8.5 x 11.5 photo frames, your stuff is awesome. how do we do this :)[/quote]

Yo ID show me some love!