T Nation

Iron Deficiency

What is a good supplement for someone with iron deficiency (something I could order online)?

Beef liver tabs?

http://www.amazon.com/Beverly-International-Ultra-Liver-Concentrate/dp/B0013EH398/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1268144898&sr=8-10

Not that you care to hear it, but it’s likely that your diet sucks, but to answer your question, iron and or a multi with iron, or what he said^

I’d “supplement” with red meat daily.

This will do the trick unless you have a medical condition that’s causing this deficiency.

Long time ago I read that athletes “needs” to take iron supplement in cycles. Can anyone confirm?

I second the diet sucking but feel free to supplement iron if you feel you need it. But in reality you can get plenty in your diet through Beef, bran buds, most beans, sweet potato, turkey etc…no need not to be getting enough in your diet.

[quote]Barocount wrote:
Long time ago I read that athletes “needs” to take iron supplement in cycles. Can anyone confirm? [/quote]

Most men can easily get too much iron, which is possibly why some would recommend cycling any supplementation.

In reality, as long as you consume red meat somewhat regularly, it’s unlikely that you’d need supplementation if you are a man.

Vitamin C…it’s the only regulator of Iron in the body. Since it’s a water soluble vitamin it’s best to take it through out the day. Ideally in 4 hour Phases with a minimum dosage of 1 gram. Speaking strictly oral doses …only take ASCORBIC ACID!! none of this vitamin-C time released complex bull crap.