Iron Biby WR Log - 229kg

So Iron Biby set the log world record. Breaking Big Z’s 8 year old record. I think this is the first time since some time back in the mid 00’s that Big Z did not hold the log clean and press WR. Which when you think about it - and the change in say the dead lift WR since then is amazing. It buts Big Z’s efforts into context. Along with the axle press earlier this year I think the guy has the title of “Strongest shoulders in the world”. But what do you make of it?
Anyone fancy Luke’s chances of getting a 230kg log this year?

A video to show you what it looked like.

2 Likes

Can’t believe it actually happened. Also can’t believe Iron Biby can do a cartwheel (I’d guess that is also a world record :grin: heaviest cartwheel)

2 Likes

Ha - world fastest guy to do a cartwheel.

I’m still a bit shocked. And a bit sad. No more Big Z records now. He one of the greats. And I know times moves on. But it still feels odd not to have people still trying to beat him.

Most placings in competition.

2 Likes

That was a long standing record for sure. I don’t totally understand the controversy behind it thought

Not “controversy” over Iron Biby. More the dick behaviour of the WSM and GL organisers.
They still refer to Eddie Hall having the dead lift world record. Because Thor lifted 501kg out side of a competition.
But now they are promoting Iron Biby’s world record even though it was done almost as an exhibition.

Again - I’m not taking away form the guy. I think he is the worlds best log lifter. But I generally think WR should be set at competition. No one really celebrated when a couple of guys ran a 2h marathon. Because it was set out of competition.

1 Like

WSM is, and will forever remain, a TV show first and a sporting event 3rd or 4th.

2 Likes

You’ve been saying to for years and about about year ago I changed the way I see their decision making. And you are 100% right.
I guess my issue is with this call they are not even trying to hide it.

To me this is a modern day “don’t let Kaz came back” call.

2 Likes

Think of the drama that can create!

There’s no such thing as bad publicity, haha.

1 Like

Over the log records? Z got a very quick down command and debatable about whether it was really locked out.

Biby held the weight overhead longer but didn’t fully get his head through.

1 Like

It’s still unbelievable how blatantly they screwed O.D.Wilson out of the title in 1990.

1 Like

You mean with the “carry a light weight 400m as quickly as possible”.

Yeah that is a real feat of strength.

I’m starting to feel like this is the equivalent the of NFL’s rule of “making a football move” to be considered a catch.

The way I see it is he got the weight over his head and held it statically. It was clear he had it locked out. Let’s not turn this into powerlifting where movement is so incredibly strict. He lifted the weight and didn’t drop it until he was told to. (That’s not directed towards you, it’s just a general statement based off of many of the complaints I have seen/heard from people that are NOWHERE near the WR)

1 Like

Hey now, it was only 200m with a whopping 200lbs.

And that’s how crossfit was invented…

1 Like