Irishman's Training & Nutrition

If you need any help when that day comes, I’ll be there for ya

1 Like

awsome work man, solid all the way

1 Like

e7cbef2573cefc0cf1a68444cf87a69b

I don’t normally like to post controversial/political shit but sometimes people annoy me with their idealistic and narrow views.

5 Likes

Had a couple deload sessions this week. Tuesday I did some deadlifts. Sumo and conventional only up to 2 plates. It was all double overhand and my grip wasn’t playing the game. I used to be able to rack pull 150kg double overhand and my grip would be alrite. Might be getting soft now I’m not a tradie :joy:

Tonight I did some front squats and got a good quad pump. Worked up to 3x70kg with a 3 second pause at the bottom than drop set constant tension sets of 10, taking 10kg of the bar until 40kg. Out of breath after that!

Some pullovers, ab roll-out and hanging leg raises. It’s interesting because after all that it’s my triceps that are the most tight. They are going to be sore tomorrow!

Still haven’t decided on a program. I tried finding that CT Simple program but couldn’t find it. If you have time @Frank_C could you get a link for me?

Burrito and yoghurt for tonight than imma sleep like a new born!

4 Likes

Pullovers and ab rollouts hit the triceps hard, if you want a nasty tricep exercise check PJR pullovers out

1 Like

Oh that does look nasty!

Yeah by the time I got to my roll-outs, I was limited more by my fatigued arms rather than my midsection.

You need to Grip some CoC to get strong .:joy::joy::joy:

In all seriousness what are you working as nowadays?

1 Like

Yeah tradies are hard AF (Tucks dog into bed)… errm yeah maybe not so much…

3 Likes

Sorry, what is a tradie?

Australian slang generally for anyone you’d find on a building site, electrician. Plaster, painter… Ect

1 Like

I can’t link it but Google:

ThibArmy Guaranteed Simple Strength and Size and it should pop up.

2 Likes

Ah I new I was doing something wrong! Haha

I am in charge of the intake, testing and grading (separating good from shit) of grain in the largest grain exporter in Aust. It’s mostly testing samples of grain from trucks, unloading trailers into silos and running tons of grain through a big vibrating machine.

Also a fair bit of manual work. Today I have moved 4000kg of grain in 25kg bags from an open face skip bin onto pallets. That’s before smoko, and I still have about 3.5ton to go.

Best perk of the job is I have my own donger! It’s like a stand alone office with a fridge and microwave and desk. I’ve never had my own desk before :joy:

3 Likes

Short for tradesman. You know those rugged blokes you see working hard in the hot sun :smiley:

@painter27 dunno if I’d class painters as tradies though :wink: lmao

3 Likes

Hey!
I’ve got certificate that would beg to differ… not that anyone has asked to see it… Not even once lol

1 Like

That donger sounds sweet as! bossman irish :wink:

I suppose you do some strongman stuff then like overhead carries, two bag bearhug carries, loading over a bar stuff like that.
Wtf is a donger, sorry I’m a foreigner :slight_smile:
EDIT: and google couldn’t help other than what I thought it was, wich just don’t come in context.

What makes you say that?

No problem, I wasn’t sure if some of the overseas folk would know. It’s a transportable, stand alone building. They are used a lot in Aussie mine sites as temporary office and accommodation buildings. Mine isn’t this big or fancy, but you get the idea.

%24_35

3 Likes

Sounds like an awesome job

Yeah so awesome, it turned into 12.5 ton by the end of the day. I actually don’t feel too bad from it though. Tomorrow will tell me. I want to hit some more deadlifts in the morning so hopefully I don’t fry my arms too much today.

2 Likes

Just remember to lift with good form even though the load is rather light, otherwise you’ll be encountering some pretty nasty feelings due to the sheer tonnage you’re moving