Irishman's Training & Nutrition

Wednesday 30th August

Quick Update

Didn’t Muay Thai yesterday due to sickness.
Left work early today due to sickness.
Found out today RAAF jobs I want arnt available.
Got bitten on the hand by a rotweiler this arvo.
Keeps bleeding, feel like shit and dizzy.
Gnite.

1 Like

WTF !! You alright man?

1 Like

Damnit man, hope you recover soon.

1 Like

Oh shit. Mate, that is one fucked up day. You OK?

1 Like

Thanks lads. Yeah it was a pretty shit day. I’m home again today. Had a crap sleep… Wish I had painkillers! Lol

1 Like

I training is going well -
shit days happens they can suck

aside from shin pain … looking pretty solid

have you looked at your gait?
how are your feet under or over pronate
do they turn in or roll out?

as a lack of ankle mobility can really crush your shins

sometimes its just too much wear and tear
shitty shoes
muscle imbalances tight feet and tight achilles can really aggravate shins

rolling your feet and standing on an ice back or in an ice bucket
really helps.

see if your calves and or proneals being tight or imbalanced can really F with you running- proneals are below the knee at the top of the outer shin

1 Like

Pretty sure it is just simply shin splints brought on by a big increase in running volume, less than ideal arch support and perhaps lower leg muscle imbalances.

I have started icing my shins after training. That and with the new shoes will hopefully see an improvement. I won’t know this week though as I’m too fucked to go to Muay Thai.

Thanks mate.

1 Like

Seriously get on a bike and let it heal . That and /or reduce your volume drastically don’t resort to NSAIDS. I think I got a stress fracture that way a long time ago.

???

It’s difficult not to run because the Muay Thai guys start every session with a 3km run. Can’t really just say no…

1 Like

You will have to refuse. NSAIDs I think that is what Americans and others call painkillers like ibuprofen or stronger. I ran through shin splints and ended up if a stress fracture btw I was close to normal weight then. I’d imagine that muay thai is tough on the shins and that you would jump rope /skip there too.

2 Likes

serves you right for trying to red rocket that rottweiler

2 Likes

Non Steroidal Anti Inflammatory Drugs

2 Likes

Yer basically ibruprofen or voltaren over the counter here mate or you can get prescribed stronger stuff
But as said above stay away if you can

1 Like

Yeah I’m definitely not the type of bloke to take… Well anything. I prefer the whole ‘el natarel’ approach, simply because I dislike relying on anything not essential.

In saying that, I went down the street this morning and picked up some cold and flu tablets. I finally feel a bit more human after taking them. So sick of laying awake for hours at a time at night in pain.

Changed the bandage on my hand. Started bleeding again. I’d make a shitty nurse! Lol doesn’t look too gross or like it may get infected though (touch wood).

Thanks @Yogi1 I’ll start with smaller dogs and work my way up to a Rotty next time. Haha

2 Likes

Please revoke your australian citizenship right now lol. :wink: its good you’re getying a bit better man

1 Like

Not gonna lie, I did feel a bit like a pussy walking into that pharmacy, but I’m glad I did. Cheers Duke

2 Likes

Read through your log - good stuff. (except me having to multiple everything by 2.2 - 'Merica!)

Would love to see a vid of the Muay Thai circuits.

4 Likes

Thanks and welcome!

Not sure how I would get that video. The whole gym is a real workplace and frowns upon having phones out while in session. Maybe once I have been there awhile, they might relax but I’m not sure.

I’m feeling better today. Back to work and back to Muay Thai this arvo. Hopefully I don’t split my hand back open in training.

2 Likes

Monday 4th September

Muay Thai Training

3km Warm-up Run

Free Heavy Bag

Structured Heavy Bag

2min circuit

• 10kg crunches x 50reps + 20kg Plate Presses x 25
  • Skipping knees
  • Pad Sparring with Coach
  • Seated Smith Machine Press x 40reps
  • 1 situp + 1 pull-up
  • Free Heavy Bag

Leg kicks on Pad - I feel like I’m able to generate more power on these. With my right leg anyway… Still gumby as fuck with my left.

That was it for that session.

I feel 99% better today, which is 100% better than I felt on Saturday. Got some sweat flowing and really had a good time kicking shit. My hand is still tender so I didn’t do any right punches. This allowed the coach to teach me a few elbow strikes.

What I really love about this style of martial arts is the emphasis is on doing and on sparring rather than on form and practising hitting air with perfect form. This practical approach really sits well with me.

1 Like

Tuesday 5th September

Muay Thai Training

3km Warm-up Run - quick pace

Free Heavy Bag

2min circuit

• Roman Chair Leg Raises
  • EZ Bar Curls
  • 20kg Crunches x 50 + 10kg Plate Presses x 25
  • Battle Ropes

2min circuit

• Chin-ups (18 total reps)
  • EZ Bar Curls
  • 20kg Goblet Squats x 40reps
  • Battle Ropes

Short but really intense session. Not much time between exercises or between the 2 circuits.

No Muay Thai for the rest of the week as the coach is going to the Gold Coast for a fight.

1 Like