Irishman's Training & Nutrition

You beauty!

1 Like

Thats wicked!

1 Like

Nice mate nice

1 Like

In to check if @Irishman92 outlifts me and lels at my deadlift.

Nvm apparently I’ve been talking shit with Connor McGregor

4 Likes

How much do you lift bruh, from the posts iv seen you seem like a very knowledgeable guy.

Not seems … I is you cheeky cunt. You want some? I’ll fuck you up

2 Likes

Hahahaha

Meh gif/10. Props for custom/effort tho. Keep working at work it mane

1 Like

My first ever gif lol

Don’t worry mate, I’m not here to lel at anyones numbers, I was actually just interested to see if you would put them up.

I don’t mind you hanging around here and posting videos or memes but can you keep the gifs to a minimum. I really do have shitty internet and it slows down the threads and increases my loading times for them. Cheers.

Yeah unfortunately I don’t even lift anymore. Getting pretty good with my round kicks and elbows though.

3 Likes

So something like this
crossfit-fail

right?

3 Likes

It sounds like a crossfit deadlift lol

That’s the start position… but both hands should be on the bar. No lift

1 Like

“Head below the bar”

That was always the trickiest cue for me when it comes to sumo deads haha

1 Like

I’m pretty sure there was a song for that…

“Face down, ass up. That’s the way we… Sumo deadlift”

3 Likes

For conventional it’s the one that goes ‘you can do it, put your back into it, you can do it, out your ass into it.’

1 Like

Monday 6th November

Muay Thai Training

4.5km Warm-up Run

Free Heavy Bag

Structured Heavy Bag

2min Circuit

• Skipping Knees
  • Laying Leg Raises x 50
  • Battle Ropes
  • Pad Sparring with Coach
  • Leg Kicks on Pads
  • Leg Kicks on Pads
  • 1 Push-up + 1 Pull-up

Some more leg kicks on the pads with one of the new blokes. It’s amazing how soft even big blokes can kick with no training.

Clinch Practice with the fighters. I basically stood in the corner while the fighting guys did thier pad sparring with the coach and than they quickly clinched up with me. This went for ages. I was fucked and I got breaks, can’t imagine how rooted the fighters felt. Got smashed in the ribs again. Yay.

End of session.

Going to a Melbourne Cup lunch 2Moro. I feel like I am spending so much money at the moment when I need to be saving it due to Xmas being right around the corner and I’ll have a compulsory week off. Fuck it!

6 Likes

Thursday 9th November

Muay Thai Training

3km Warm-up Run

Free Heavy Bag

2min Circuit

• 20kg Plate Crunches x 50 + 20kg Plate Presses
  • Leg Kicks with Coaches son

2min Circuit

• 10kg Russian Twists x 100
  • Leg Kicks with Coaches son

Clinch Practice with 3 of the boys. Nothing crazy happened.

Had a good talk with the coaches son about my leg kicks and my rib kicks and the difference between them. It was good because I like to know the specific biomechanics of my hits but the coach never really gives much more than cues.

Oh and I also have to be on my toes a fuck load more than I have been. It’s good to know but it’s also something else to think about when I am sparring. It will eventually help with my explosiveness and speed.

Good session, peace owt!

6 Likes

Friday 10th November

Muay Thai Training

3km Warm-up Run

Free Heavy Bag

2min Circuit

• Leg Kicks on Pads
  • 10kg Plate Crunches x 50 + 20kg Plate Presses x 20
  • Leg Kicks on Pads

2min Circuit

• Leg Kicks on Pads
  • 10kg Russian Twists x 50 + 20kg Plate Presses x 20
  • Leg Kicks on Pads

Free Heavy Bag

Some Light Clinch Practice

That was about it! Extra sore 2night after two days in a row of training. So much to work on. I always pick up new skills rather quickly but than struggle to get to the ‘next level’. Just got to stick with it and get those cues through my thick, exhausted skull.

I’m going to check out a local park this weekend and see what kind of calisthenics work I can do there. Want to incorporate more body strength and explosive training before work in the morning.

4 Likes

Monday 13th November

Calisthenics Training

1km Warm-up Run

Warm-up

• Incline Push-ups x 20
  • Band Dislocates x 20
  • Band Pull-aparts x 20

BW Strength Circuit x 3

• Parallel Push-ups x 12
  • Chin-ups x 8
  • Dips x 8
  • Fatman Chin-ups x 12
  • Band assisted Pistol Squats x 8 (each leg)

Explosive Movement

• 12" Box Jumps x 8
  • 24" Depth Jumps x 8

BW Holds

• Free Handstands
  • Handstand Hold to wall 2x10 seconds
  • Hanging L Sit 2x5 seconds

1km Walk home

Found the perfect park to do my calisthenics workout! A good distance from home for a warm up run and it has all the bars and walls and platforms that I need to do everything I want!

My first handstand to the wall was a major fail :joy: slid down and cracked my head on the concrete. The rest of my handstands were done on the grass.

I’m hoping that I will be able to do handstand pushups, unassisted pistol squats and a human flag within the next few months!

Waking up at 4:30am was a bit rude, but it will hopefully get easier!

2 Likes