T Nation

Iraqi's Support Attacks On Our Troops

http://www.yahoo.com/s/400536

Well, time to cut off the gravy train. Let them have their civil war. There’s no reason to continue to put our time, money, and soldiers in there. Don’t jump to conclusions. I still believe Saddam needed to go and the WMD questions needed to be answered, for good. Just let them know that if they give terrorists refuge in their country, once we leave, and we get attacked by them…total war. And, there won’t be any reconstruction efforts this time. Flatten a couple cities and let them stew on that. Rinse and repeat until their very survival forces them to police themselves.

[quote]Sloth wrote:
http://www.yahoo.com/s/400536

Well, time to cut off the gravy train. Let them have their civil war. There’s no reason to continue to put our time, money, and soldiers in there. Don’t jump to conclusions. I still believe Saddam needed to go and the WMD questions needed to be answered, for good. Just let them know that if they give terrorists refuge in their country, once we leave, and we get attacked by them…total war. And, there won’t be any reconstruction efforts this time. Flatten a couple cities and let them stew on that. Rinse and repeat until their very survival forces them to police themselves.[/quote]

I like the way you think.

I feel these people can not handle Democracy. It’s too…well political rather than religion and tyranny.

They can’t seem to live together and their petty differences end in violence.

Problem is we end up with a bigger hornets nest of Terrorist activity if we leave.

Just great. Now their security forces are against us. Fuck them all. I can’t believe I once had faith in them.

I acknowledge polls are bullshit, but this doesn’t really surprise me. There never was a reason to go into Iraq, and we’ll probably never create a stable democracy in the middle east.

When you jump in between a couple of snarling pit bulls, you are going to get bit by one or both of them.

As long as we aren’t over there killing and raping and kidnapping, then we are way better than the folks who ran the place before we kicked 'em out. I guess those memories aren’t too long over there. Hell, maybe they can have Saddam back? Would they like that?

As for the bases, well no shit. Of course we are going to leave some guys over there to protect our investment. I’ll just be glad when there’s not so many of us in Iraq. We got other shit to blow up somewhere else without running endless patrols and exposing ourselves as targets 24/7.

I’m hearing a lot of discouragement in this thread. Let them have their growing pains, ya know? It’s cool to diss the US right now, and the Iraqis are the newest kids on the block who can speak their minds finally. When they mature a little bit, they won’t be so rambunctious. Who knows, maybe in fifty years they will build us a statue or some shit. We’ll put it right next to ol’ Lady Liberty in New York.