T Nation

Iraqi War Crimes

Insurgents in Iraq detonated an explosives-rigged vehicle with two children in the back seat after US soldiers let it through a Baghdad checkpoint over the weekend, a senior US military official said Tuesday.

The vehicle was stopped at the checkpoint but was allowed through when soldiers saw the children in the back, said Major General Michael Barbero of the Pentagon’s Joint Staff.

“Children in the back seat lowered suspicion. We let it move through. They parked the vehicle, and the adults ran out and detonated it with the children in the back,” Barbero said.

From the website below:

Will the international courts attempt to address this issue by calling for the prosecution of Al Queida leaders for war crimes? Murdering children in order to conceal a VBIED is pretty low in any culture.

Yet somehow we are the bad guys.

[quote]BH6 wrote:

Will the international courts attempt to address this issue by calling for the prosecution of Al Queida leaders for war crimes? Murdering children in order to conceal a VBIED is pretty low in any culture.[/quote]

Ooh ooh ooh!

[raising hand in class]

We must always remember that nothing they do is their own fault. We made them murder children in their plot to attack people because of our:

a. Foreign policy

b. Existence of McDonald’s anywhere other than the US

c. Dick Cheney

d. All of the above

Such a despicable act is not the work of original evil, but instead of peace-loving, tolerant, exotic Middle Easterners who would otherwise be passing out daisies to strangers in the street were it not for us making them behave like barbarians.

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:
BH6 wrote:

Will the international courts attempt to address this issue by calling for the prosecution of Al Queida leaders for war crimes? Murdering children in order to conceal a VBIED is pretty low in any culture.

Ooh ooh ooh!

[raising hand in class]

We must always remember that nothing they do is their own fault. We made them murder children in their plot to attack people because of our:

a. Foreign policy

b. Existence of McDonald’s anywhere other than the US

c. Dick Cheney

d. All of the above

Such a despicable act is not the work of original evil, but instead of peace-loving, tolerant, exotic Middle Easterners who would otherwise be passing out daisies to strangers in the street were it not for us making them behave like barbarians.[/quote]

Na,

to infiltrate American websites and to brainwash otherwise right-thinking Americans you need to be a tad more subtle.

Try this:

Yes, these acts are despicable but according to an American supreme judge commenting on the Nuremberg trials, starting a war is the ultimate warcrime, because all other atrocities during a war flow from it.

Who started the war?

I’ll beat orion and lixy to it…

It’s America’s fault.

EDIT; Crap. Too late.

[quote]orion wrote:
Who started the war?[/quote]

The Muslim extremists started the war. How far back do I need to go?

(You know. The “War on Terrorism”.)

[quote]orion wrote:

Na,

to infiltrate American websites and to brainwash otherwise right-thinking Americans you need to be a tad more subtle.

Try this:

Yes, these acts are despicable but according to an American supreme judge commenting on the Nuremberg trials, starting a war is the ultimate warcrime, because all other atrocities during a war flow from it.

Who started the war?[/quote]

As usual, we are entreated to your nonsense - your comment assumes all wars are the same.

They are not - even by the idealized and recklessly naive UN Charter.

A strange thing has befallen the Austrian libertarians - they look and smell no different than Marxists, always saying the “oppressed” do what they do because the must react to the “oppressors”, no matter what the facts tell them. Ah well, a great school of thought, now shriveled.

[quote]derek wrote:
orion wrote:
Who started the war?

The Muslim extremists started the war. How far back do I need to go?

(You know. The “War on Terrorism”.)
[/quote]

Ah, the neverending one that justifies anything.

I dunno, Saudi Arabiens aided by Afghans?

I never was against the invasion of the Iraq anyway so I do not feel like arguing against it.

[quote]orion wrote:
I never was against the invasion of the Iraq anyway so I do not feel like arguing against it.

[/quote]

But I thought you asked who started the war? Come to your senses did ya?

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:
orion wrote:

Na,

Try this:

Who started the war?

As usual, we are entreated to your nonsense - your comment assumes all wars are the same.

They are not - even by the idealized and recklessly naive UN Charter.

A strange thing has befallen the Austrian libertarians - they look and smell no different than Marxists, always saying the “oppressed” do what they do because the must react to the “oppressors”, no matter what the facts tell them. Ah well, a great school of thought, now shriveled.[/quote]

I was not posting my opinion, I just to post a better piece of propaganda.

The UN charta IS naive, but the US signed it. According to it most US wars are illegal. That is all I ever posted concerning that point.

There is of course the “the USA can do nothing illegal” crowd, but is it my fault that they can`t read?

These people could not bomb you were you not there. To simply deny a certain causal link is hardly possible.

Plus, to be a Marxist, I needed to be more collectivist.

Libertarians though have pretty much one main them: Fight the power! , so yes I am very much against oppression.

Aren`t you?

[quote]derek wrote:
orion wrote:

But I thought you asked who started the war? Come to your senses did ya?

[/quote]

The US started it for BS reasons.

I was not against it, because Saddam was a monster who lived by the sword and might as well have did by it.

Never in my live could I have imagined the unexcusable incompetence on the political side of this invasion.

I do not know about you, but if I invaded a country this size I felt like having my shit together.

Unfortunately this fuckers did not care what a Sunni or Shi?ite was until 2 years into the war.

To be that stupid while being that powerful is unforgivable, because nooene forced them to lead the USA, in fact they competed like hell for it.

edit: And yes that is me being elitist. I believe people who have political power should belong to our intellectual and moral elite.