Iraqi Bitch Session

[quote]lixy wrote:
will to power wrote:
Also, while you won’t find a common enemy with Iran I still think depending on how America continues to approach the situation you might end up with an ally in Shia majority Iraq, judging by how that section is responding to opinion polls.

Not a snowball’s chance in hell. Washington knows that, and that’s why they need to find new excuses to keep their troops on the ground. America doesn’t give two shits about allies. What it wants is people who fear it.

The Shi’a majority in Iraq didn’t forget that Saddam was supported by Americans. They didn’t forget that the latter cheered as the dictator slaughtered their brothers and sisters in faith across the border. They won’t forget that the US tries to assassinate their leaders. They watch helplessly as their holy sites are blown to pieces by terrorists whose presence correlates perfectly with the US invasion.

They can’t possibly overlook the gang rape and murder of 14-years old Abeer Qassim and her family. They can’t forgive the missiles fired at Kerbala, one of their Holy Cities. They will always remember the US-imposed sanctions that led to so much death and suffering over there.

The majority wants security and stability. That much is certain. But it doesn’t mean they don’t have a gutural hatred of the invader that will persist in at least one generation.[/quote]

Maybe, but it’s crazy what people can forgive sometimes. I said it was a possibility as I really don’t know what the average Iraqi feels about this. The most direct media I’ve seen is on the kind of channel that occasional disappears, and of course they loathe the occupiers, but I have never seen anything I consider fairly representative of the average man.

[quote]will to power wrote:
Maybe, but it’s crazy what people can forgive sometimes. I said it was a possibility as I really don’t know what the average Iraqi feels about this. The most direct media I’ve seen is on the kind of channel that occasional disappears, and of course they loathe the occupiers, but I have never seen anything I consider fairly representative of the average man.[/quote]

Sweden is full (and I mean FULL!) of Iraqis who fled when the invasion began. I have yet to met one who wouldn’t strangle the American soldiers if given half a chance.

Most don’t realize that kids represent the base of the demographics pyramid in that part of the world. For as long as they have lived, the US has been bombing and attacking their land in one way or another. A lot of them have been orphaned, made homeless, amputated or worse, by the war. You watch! Those chicken shall come home to roost.

[quote]lixy wrote:

Sweden is full (and I mean FULL!) of Iraqis who fled when the invasion began. I have yet to met one who wouldn’t strangle the American soldiers if given half a chance.

[/quote]

And the Swede’s are less than pleased about that…Look for a change in their open door policy soon.

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
Iraq war bashing =/= America bashing.

This thread is therefore a misnomer. Congrats!

[/quote]

They often go hand in hand on this here forum. However, if you feel strongly enough you can start the America bashing thread.

[quote]lixy wrote:
Hakim was a staunch opposer of American presence in Iraq. He stated (and that’s a direct quote) “we do not put confidence in the Americans, they have always acted against the interests of the Iraqi people”. Sure, he acknowledged that Saddam is gone thanks to you, but who doesn’t?

[/quote]

That quote is basically from the Wikipedia. Further down it states:

“It is unclear who was behind the massive bomb attack that killed him. A spokesman for SCIRI in London suggested that supporters of Saddam Hussein may have been behind the attack; others suggested it may have been orchestrated by Sunnis not necessarily connected to Hussein who opposed the increasing Shia influence in the country; still others suggested it may have been carried out by other Shia groups, either as part of an internal power struggle or as a hard-line reaction to his increasingly conciliatory line towards the United States.”

[quote]lixy wrote:
Gkhan wrote:
The only thing that will please you is if the US fails in creating a state in Iraq. So basically, you wish the Iraqis to live in wretched poverty and misery so you can continue to hate the US.

You’re not making any sense.

What will please me (along with the crushing majority of the world) is for the US to:

• stop invading other countries,
  • stop supporting the overthrowing of democratically elected regimes,
  • stop financing and arming tyrants and/or apartheid regimes,
  • stop the incessant arms’ race,
  • stop claiming the known Universe as its sphere of influence.[/quote]

I suppose your fellow muslim brethren, the Jinjaweed, mudering hundreds of thousands of people, raping women and children in Darfur does not bother you as much as a U.S. presence in Iraq? Should you not be cleaning your own house, before you turn to ours?
We’re trying, what are you doing, other than bitching like school girl about America, to promote peace?

r

[quote]pat wrote:
Beowolf wrote:

They often go hand in hand on this here forum. However, if you feel strongly enough you can start the America bashing thread.[/quote]

Ouch. Well played, pat, well played.

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
pat wrote:
Beowolf wrote:

They often go hand in hand on this here forum. However, if you feel strongly enough you can start the America bashing thread.

Ouch. Well played, pat, well played.[/quote]
You’re still my little brother :wink: