Iraq/George W. Bush

I wish to express how proud I am of the people who have given their lives, their loved ones, their time, and their support for the people of Iraq.

I am extremely proud of the Iraqis.

As the President has pointed out, if given the chance, people will vote for freedom.

The pictures of people with their inked fingertips laughing, cheering, and voting validates this conflict.

On a lighter note, several of my liberal pals made fun of me when I suggested that someday we would be meeting under the statue of George W. Bush in the Capital Mall. It would be dedicated by the people of Iraq.

Here is an excerpt from an article in today’s Washington Post:

"January 30, 2005 – BAGHDAD ? The man replacing the mayor of Baghdad ? who was assassinated for his pro-American loyalties ? says he is not worried about his ties to Washington.
In fact, he’d like to erect a monument to honor President Bush in the middle of the city.

“We will build a statue for Bush,” said Ali Fadel, the former provincial council chairman. “He is the symbol of freedom.”

Fadel’s predecessor, Ali al-Haidari, was gunned down Jan. 4 when militants opened fire on his armor-covered BMW as it traveled with a three-car"

“HE IS THE SYMBOL OF FREEDOM!!!”

Roll that up and smoke it!!!

In the future, I’ll see you tree-hugging, Kerry- apologizing, sandal wearing, ABB-hippies under that statue!!! See you in Washington!!!

Is it a date???

JeffR

That’s too funny, Jeff. Kind of freaks me out a little that you made a call like that.

Who do you like in the big game this Sunday?

[quote]JeffR wrote:

As the President has pointed out, if given the chance, people will vote for freedom.

Is that what every “Made in China” purchase is, a vote for freedom?

Go Team China!

Hey Rain,

My liberal friends love to hate me, but they know I’m RIGHT!!!

My head says the Pats. They are experienced. Brady is a leader.

My heart says the Eagles. I really like McNabb. He is a class act. You rarely hear him say a bad word about anyone. He leads by example.

However, I couldn’t give two farts and a shit for “T.O.” I wish the Eagles’ guard/tackle would shove him to the ground and say “enough!!!”

By the way, anyone else tired of pro football players celebrating every single play? I saw some dink jumping around after making a stop after a NINE YARD GAIN.

JeffR

Limbic,

Enough with the mystic horseshit. You try to sound erudite but you just come off like a fruitloop. Ever notice your threads just die off because you don’t make any sense? Just state your opinion in English and get some discussion going.

Cream

[quote]JeffR wrote:
Hey Rain,

My heart says the Eagles. I really like McNabb. He is a class act. You rarely hear him say a bad word about anyone. He leads by example.

However, I couldn’t give two farts and a shit for “T.O.” I wish the Eagles’ guard/tackle would shove him to the ground and say “enough!!!”

By the way, anyone else tired of pro football players celebrating every single play? I saw some dink jumping around after making a stop after a NINE YARD GAIN.

JeffR[/quote]

Tell you the truth Jeff I am just about sick of all pro athletes!

Was at the gym yesterday, watching some of the election coverage. It almost brought tears to my eyes, seeing how brave those people were, going out to face death threats (and in some cases actual death) to vote.

Then on the other channel was T.O. strutting around. What a freakin’ fool.

JeffR, ZEB,

[quote]ZEB wrote:
JeffR wrote:
Hey Rain,

My liberal friends love to hate me, but they know I’m RIGHT!!![/quote]

Truer words were seldom spoken. :wink:

[quote]My head says the Pats. They are experienced. Brady is a leader.

Tell you the truth Jeff I am just about sick of all pro athletes!

[/quote]

Truer words were never spoken. Couldn’t agree more.

Makkun

[quote]JeffR wrote:
Hey Rain,

JeffR[/quote]

Jeff, you have found a subject I actually agree with you on. Like both the qbs… but Brady has the better team around him. The Eagles will have a chance if Pinkston and Mitchell have a good day with their hands. Normally Pinkston drops some easy passes. I see Mitchell has been baiting Rodney Harrison. Bad move in my opinion. Harrison has been on fire in recent games.

I’m sick of excessive celebrating also. After playing rugby since I was an 8 year old, if you did that on the rugby field after each run or tackle, your own teammates would beat you up after the game. Make a play, then get up play on.

These guys earn too much money. The salary cap should be reduced and pro teams should have to pump more money into grassroots junior football in their areas.

PS why are you talking about football in this thread though?

Hey Dean,

It is nice to agree once in a while!!!

Football entered this thread due to Rainjack’s query about who I thought would win this weekend.

It’s good to see that my friends are also sick of the grandstanding done by the pro athletes. Give me a guy who does his job and goes back to the huddle without having a seizure!!!

JeffR

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/./1/.1107435792235.Vote_Finger.jpg

The single best defense against terrorism.

Any day a country takes a step forward to its own independence and fair self governance is a good day for that country. Its a shame that the Sunnis decided to boycott the election and are now calling it illegitimate (it was the sunnis right?). Anyways, anyone get the final stats on the percentage of people that ended uip voting?? I heard it was higher than what we get here (at least by first estimates it was.

p.s. And I don’t mean to put a damper on anyone’s spirit here or seem anti-anything. But like Jon Stewart said, “this is their 3rd good day in 2 decades”. We’ve barely gone 1/5th of the way there.

It must be difficult for the ABBers to argue with that picture.

Hard to argue with that result.

JeffR