Iraq Funded Al Qaeda

Don’t know if this story will go anywhere, but I found it very disturbing.

Seems the UN’s Oil for Food program might have been used to fund Al Qaeda terrorists. Evidently Saddam would siphen off some of the money and send toward OBL’s gang.

Claudia Rossette, the editorial page editor of the Wall Street Journal Europe, has been dogging this story for a year. It looks really, really bad – like the U.N. turned a willfully blind eye to Saddam diverting money from this to bribe officials, try to buy weapons systems, etc.

No! No! No!

It can’t be!!!

Saddam would never cooperate with Osama! They didn’t worship in exactly the same way!

They would never cooperate!

The Japanese, Italians, and Germans were exactly the same religions during World War II. They had the same customs, traditions, and beliefs right down to the letter!!!

The only way one group would join another in an alliance against a common foe would be for both of the groups to have everything in common!!!

I just don’t believe it!!!

JeffR

P.S. George H.W. Bush must have paid for this story because it’s on Fox News. I only believe CBS.

I’d be wary of any memos done in times new roman.

The return of the exclamation man!!! Jeff, you’re shouting at the computer screen again. Calm down- your righteous indignation could cause you to have a heart attack. Better turn on Fox News quickly.

deanosumo:

Jeff has had some outstanding posts on this forum. While you have written some nasty retorts attacking people, I have yet to read an informative post from you!!!

(that would be five exclamation points)

Zeb, you think Jeff’s posts are outstanding because you are the biggest right-winger on this site and he is about No3 behind you and the Boston Barrister! And I’m not a nasty person, I try to make most of my points with humor. Jeff does need to revise his writing style though. The exclamation mark should be used sparing to emphasize a point or two.

Good luck in your gym venture, I’ve been trying to hook up some naked George Bush posters for your gym walls but so far no luck.

Aren’t you the folks decrying supposition and innuendo when it is pointed at George Bush? Why do you buy into it so readily when it is pointed elsewhere?

Howabout we wait until there is actually something approaching news before we get all exicited about it

Dean,

You wrote: “Zeb, you think Jeff’s posts are outstanding because you are the biggest right-winger on this site and he is about No3 behind you and the Boston Barrister!”

Thank you for placing me in such august company!

I’m sure I don’t have to tell you that I employ sarcasm, on occassion.

However, the ties between Hussein and Bin Laden are becoming increasingly apparent. I understand why some on this forum fight so strenously against these facts. Even the run-and-hides can’t dismiss a direct link between Al Qaeda and Iraq. It shows that Iraq is trully on the front lines of the War on Terror. I have already discussed this in some detail with Todd. There is certainly a great deal of evidence pointing to cooperation between the two groups.

Don’t take my word for it. All you have to do is do a Google search. Some of the evidence is very hard to dismiss.

Good luck!!!

JeffR

[quote]vroom wrote:
Aren’t you the folks decrying supposition and innuendo when it is pointed at George Bush? Why do you buy into it so readily when it is pointed elsewhere?

Howabout we wait until there is actually something approaching news before we get all exicited about it[/quote]

I guess we should wait until CBS News runs it on 60 Minutes.

Perhaps that bastion of objectivity, The Toronto Globe anf Mail, should run it on the front page before we give this story credance.

deanosumo:

Right winger, left winger, Debra Winger. I don’t know? I am more liberal in some areas than you might imagine. I have been happy to voice my opinion on my more conservative side because of the various issues that have arisen in these political forums. I would be happy to discuss areas where I am more liberal with you anytime you like.

Actually, Jeff’s posts are witty and factual. Sometimes he brags about being a republican and the potentiality of President Bush winning reelection. I can see where the latter would bother you.

As far as his, or anyones, writing style: I am not a writer by trade (I am sure most could tell by now). Most on here are not. I, like most, am merely trying to get my point across. Let’s not start nitpicking writing styles, grammar or spelling, or we are all in trouble! (only one exclamation point)

I think if you focused more on exactly what you wanted to state, instead of attempting to instigate, your posts would be more enjoyable to read. Just an observation.

Take care.

rainjack and JeffR – you should have been on the 9.11 Commission, cause they must have missed this entirely!

Sorry ZEB, you didn’t make the commission cut.

[quote]deanosumo wrote:
Zeb, you think Jeff’s posts are outstanding because you are the biggest right-winger on this site and he is about No3 behind you and the Boston Barrister! [/quote]

heyy…i resent that I didnt make this list.

[quote]Right Side Up wrote:
rainjack and JeffR – you should have been on the 9.11 Commission, cause they must have missed this entirely!

Sorry ZEB, you didn’t make the commission cut.[/quote]

I believe the investigation centers around the UN Oil for Food program, which was outside the scope of the 9/11 commission.

Besides, the 9/11 doesn’t have jurisdiction over the UN, or any of their scandal ridden programs.

[quote]biltritewave wrote:
deanosumo wrote:
Zeb, you think Jeff’s posts are outstanding because you are the biggest right-winger on this site and he is about No3 behind you and the Boston Barrister!

heyy…i resent that I didnt make this list.[/quote]

You can be on the 9/11 commission with me.

On what ZEB wrote:

You’re never going to enjoy my posts too much, ZEB, given your political views.
You’re right, I would be disturbed by President Bush getting re-elected. However, if you have read some of my other posts, you would know that I’m not overly impressed by Kerry. I do think he is the lesser of two evils though.
I will actually talk about the issue at hand, for once. It’s funny that this news report would surface on Fox News, which to me is a joke. Fox are driving so far to the right that they are almost off the road. I, too, didn’t notice this ‘link’ in the 9/11 commision report either.

[quote]ZEB wrote:
deanosumo:

Right winger, left winger, Debra Winger. I don’t know? I am more liberal in some areas than you might imagine. I have been happy to voice my opinion on my more conservative side because of the various issues that have arisen in these political forums. I would be happy to discuss areas where I am more liberal with you anytime you like.[/quote]
How about…NOW! Start a thread entitled “ZEB’s Liberal side” – that ought to be a hoot.

[quote]
Actually, Jeff’s posts are witty and factual. Sometimes he brags about being a republican and the potentiality of President Bush winning reelection. I can see where the latter would bother you.[/quote]
HA! One of the best laughs yet. You do the latter all the time – you constantly remind us with your omnipotent tone how Bush WILL win!

deanosumo:

In your defense you have stated that you are not wildly fond of John Kerry. I enjoyed that comment!

RSU:

Bush will win, and that bothers you. Now go to the other thread, read it and take me up on my wager!

RSU,

I would like Zeb, BB, and myself to be members of the Iraq/AlQaeda-connection committee.

You, Danh/Lumpy/chinadoll/Todd could be part of the Ostrich (head in the sand) committee.

Maybe we have a shot at W. appointing us in 2005.

JeffR