Iran to Share Nuclear Secrets

Well Mr Koolaide drinker, it is also very possible they are trying to stir up civil unrest between the Shiite and Sunni areas with the intent of creating civil war while they have their ongoing constitutional crisis.

Anyway, I’m guessing the concept that the terrorists are desperate is supposed to reassure us that things are nearly over with now? How many times do you think we can hear this rhubarb before we start to no longer believe it.

Mission accomplished indeed.

vroom, of course they are trying to stir up shit. They are so desperate they want a full scale civil war.

Most Iraqis want America there. The insurgents cannot hope to win against that so they are trying to tear the country apart and let the leftist assholes over here demand US withdrawl.

If you want to talk about Koolaid, go right ahead. I would rather talk about the military and political reality of the situation.

[quote]lothario1132 wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050915/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iran_nuclear

Okay. This shit is getting out of hand now.

"The United States, which suspects Iran may be seeking to develop nuclear weapons, and European countries warned last week that Tehran is running out of time to freeze uranium processing activities or face referral to the Security Council.

But Tehran, which says its nuclear program is for peaceful energy production, has rejected the threat and has warned the United Nations not to go down that road."

I am calling so much BULLSHIT on this. We’ve already seen in the other Iran thread we had here recently, or at least I posted the info about the Iraniani reactor which could produce 400 nuclear bombs per year. Now they are saying that they will share the technology with other “Muslim States”.

Fuck this, son. Just what we need: Syria with nuclear bombs. The UN is trying to bribe the Iraniani president with “economic incentives” and talk. Like that’s going to work. The clock is ticking here people. The longer we stall, the longer this Iraniani asshole has to continue developing his weapons program.

Are we going to sit here and let this happen? Maybe we are. I don’t know.[/quote]

Sounds like another wacky conspiracy theory to me.

I just wish everyone could get their stories straight - Irans’ close to having nuclear weapons. Nuclear weapons are difficult to develop. But terrorists already have nuclear weapons in the US. They fit in “suitcases”.

They’re already EVERYWHERE - except IRAQ.

Iran Is Judged 10 Years From Nuclear Bomb
U.S. Intelligence Review Contrasts With Administration Statements
Washington Post
August 2, 2005

A major U.S. intelligence review has projected that Iran is about a decade away from manufacturing the key ingredient for a nuclear weapon, roughly doubling the previous estimate of five years, according to government sources with firsthand knowledge of the new analysis.

The carefully hedged assessments, which represent consensus among U.S. intelligence agencies, contrast with forceful public statements by the White House. Administration officials have asserted, but have not offered proof, that Tehran is moving determinedly toward a nuclear arsenal.

They must have realized people were getting too smart for them to pursue this angle any further.

U.S. Probes Possible Iran-9/11 Link
Panel Report Is Expected to Accuse Nation of Aiding Hijackers
Washington Post
July 20, 2004

President Bush said yesterday that the United States is investigating possible connections between Iran and the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, renewing his periodic warnings to one of the two remaining members of his “axis of evil.”
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A62009-2004Jul19.html

[quote]vroom wrote:
Agreed. The insurgents are terribly desperate, thus the latest attacks on civilians.

Well Mr Koolaide drinker, it is also very possible they are trying to stir up civil unrest between the Shiite and Sunni areas with the intent of creating civil war while they have their ongoing constitutional crisis.

Anyway, I’m guessing the concept that the terrorists are desperate is supposed to reassure us that things are nearly over with now? How many times do you think we can hear this rhubarb before we start to no longer believe it.

Mission accomplished indeed.[/quote]

Want to bet on the insurgents?

from Dunnigan at Strategypage. Seems like Al-Queda wore out it’s welcome.

IRAQ: Why It’s Getting Harder to be a Bad Guy

September 16, 2005: The U.S./Iraqi offensive in Tal Afar has been more effective than anticipated, and terrorists are abandoning the area. It is unclear as to whether the dispersal of terrorist forces, who seem mostly to be local Sunni Arab tribal fighters and al Qaeda ?Foreigners?, is a planned response in the event of defeat or a spontaneous development. Whichever the case, the insurgents have abandoned large stocks of arms as well as some important infrastructure, including bomb factories and underground installations. The damage to al Qaeda was serious enough to elicit a public announcement from the terrorist organization, where it announced a new wave of suicide bombings, as revenge for the success of the Tal Afar, and related, operations. Apparently it was a case of ?use it or lose it,? with al Qaeda fearing that the continuing operations along the Syrian border and in western Iraq, would lead to more bomb workshops, and completed car bombs, being captured.

It was widely rumored that al Qaeda was building up a supply of suicide car bombs for use in early October, to try and disrupt the vote on the new constitution. Instead, the car bombings began on September 14th, with a dozen bombs going off in Baghdad, causing over 700 casualties, including at least 160 dead. Nearly all the losses were Iraqis, most of them Shia. The al Qaeda declaration made a point of saying that the attacks were directed against the government, and Shia Arabs who comprise the majority of it (and the majority of Iraqis.) Al Qaeda concentrates its attacks in Baghdad, because that?s the capital, and because that?s where many Sunni Arabs, who used to work for Saddam, and who are now out of work, live. These Sunni Arabs provide a network of safe houses, and helpers, for the suicide bombing operations.

Even though the intended targets are Shia Arabs, and government employees, many Sunni Arabs are getting hurt, and al Qaeda has become the most hated organization in the country. Even Sunni Arabs are now reporting terrorist operations to the police. Not enough to compromise all of the terrorist operations. But it?s common now for the cops to know how many bombs are in play for a given day. And many car bombers are being intercepted before they can be used.

[quote]JustTheFacts wrote:
The carefully hedged assessments, which represent consensus among U.S. intelligence agencies, contrast with forceful public statements by the White House. Administration officials have asserted, but have not offered proof, that Tehran is moving determinedly toward a nuclear arsenal.

[/quote]

Okay, JTF. Did you read my post? A fully-functional Bushehr reactor can produce thirty fission bombs per year. It’s not like I posted in Esperanto or something.

AND!!!

Iran just announced (thus my thread) that they will SHARE THE TECHNOLOGY!!! (that’s three exclamation points and all capital letters, in case you missed it before) What part of this are you ho-humming about? The nuke-wielding Iran, or the “give nuclear capability to whoever buys it” Iran? No big deal, huh?

Are you saying that we should go ahead and wait ten years before worrying about this? Because the Washington Post says so?

Wow.

If they share the technology with terrorists and a nuke is used against the US, then Iran will be destoyed. End of story. The US can destroy Iran in a blink of an eye. It’s also our stated doctrine.

Only a fool fucks with a country that has 1000X the amount of weapons you do.

Simply for the sake of the innocents in Iran that should be made clear to them.

Plausible deniability…

I don’t think we’d wait for their statement if a nuke goes off here.

I agree with hedo…

A nuke (“dirty” or otherwise) will not be dealt with by appealing to the U.N. Security Council…

Mufasa