Iran Tell Obama to F** Off

[quote]sherekahn wrote:
No matter whether you love or hate the US, the Iranian response should come as no surprise. These people have their minds pretty well made up and B.O. has only
shown himself to be as clueless as we
should have known he was. Having said that, I understand he is writing another book about himself, so things should start improving. [/quote]

He’s writing another book? Maybe the whole presidency thing is just a publicity stunt to sell books?

Part of me is thinking that he probably has more important things to work on. The rational part hopes he does nothing but write books the rest of his presidency.

Funny how they didn’t tell President Reagan to fuck off.

[quote]tom63 wrote:
Funny how they didn’t tell President Reagan to fuck off.[/quote]

Why would they? He was selling them weapons.

[quote]lixy wrote:
tom63 wrote:

Why would they? He was selling them weapons.[/quote]

You really are stupid aren’t you? the day Reagan was sworn in was the day the American hostages were released after 444 days. Jimmy Carter was so useless he couldn’t get them released.

All it took Reagan was assuming office. the arms sales occurred after that day, of course.

Point being, Carter and Obama were clueless. Reagan had some backbone. strength deters more problems than the silly ass idea of we’ll reason with these guys.

[quote]dhickey wrote:
sherekahn wrote:
No matter whether you love or hate the US, the Iranian response should come as no surprise. These people have their minds pretty well made up and B.O. has only
shown himself to be as clueless as we
should have known he was. Having said that, I understand he is writing another book about himself, so things should start improving.

He’s writing another book? Maybe the whole presidency thing is just a publicity stunt to sell books?

Part of me is thinking that he probably has more important things to work on. The rational part hopes he does nothing but write books the rest of his presidency.[/quote]

Ditto!

[quote]lixy wrote:
tom63 wrote:

Why would they? He was selling them weapons.[/quote]

Show me a picture of an Iranian in an American tank or one with an American machine gun.

Seems to me all the terrorist types are armed with Russian made weapons.

edit- wait! we sold Iran weapons? I thought you said they hate us because we sold Iraq weapons?

Which is it?

Did we sell weapons to Iran or to Iraq?

Because if we did sell arms to Iran, ie the Iran/contra affair, then the Iranians are talking out their ass and are freaking hypocrites dealing with the Ruskies who definately sold Iraq, their mortal enemy, weapons.

As far as I’m concerned, the Iranians can take Obama’s outstreached hand and place it where the sun don’t shine.

[quote]tom63 wrote:
lixy wrote:
tom63 wrote:

You really are stupid aren’t you? the day Reagan was sworn in was the day the American hostages were released after 444 days. Jimmy Carter was so useless he couldn’t get them released.

All it took Reagan was assuming office. the arms sales occurred after that day, of course.

Point being, Carter and Obama were clueless. Reagan had some backbone. strength deters more problems than the silly ass idea of we’ll reason with these guys. [/quote]

I see. It had nothing to do with the death of the Shah, the war of aggression waged by Iraq, the Algiers Accords or anything else. It’s thanks to “President Reagan” and his superpowers. The man is so awesome, he makes Chuck Norris cry.

Take your crappy partisan flamebait elsewhere.

Obama, Clinton and the other Democrats set themselves up for failure by doing everything they could do to devalue the threat of the American military.

They broke the first rule of negotiating which is don’t tell the other guy what price you are willing to pay.

Hillary Clinton called this smart diplomacy at her confirmation hearing. In reality it was dumb diplomacy because the threat of military force was a very compelling reason for the Iranians to do what America wants.

With that threat removed it will be a continuing cycle of America makes concessions to get a deal, the Iranians think about it to get our hopes up then say, no! You will have to give us more!

[quote]Sifu wrote:
Obama, Clinton and the other Democrats set themselves up for failure by doing everything they could do to devalue the threat of the American military.

They broke the first rule of negotiating which is don’t tell the other guy what price you are willing to pay.

Hillary Clinton called this smart diplomacy at her confirmation hearing. In reality it was dumb diplomacy because the threat of military force was a very compelling reason for the Iranians to do what America wants.

With that threat removed it will be a continuing cycle of America makes concessions to get a deal, the Iranians think about it to get our hopes up then say, no! You will have to give us more!

[/quote]

Exactly.

[quote]lixy wrote:
tom63 wrote:
lixy wrote:
tom63 wrote:

Point being, Carter and Obama were clueless. Reagan had some backbone. strength deters more problems than the silly ass idea of we’ll reason with these guys.

I see. It had nothing to do with the death of the Shah, the war of aggression waged by Iraq, the Algiers Accords or anything else. It’s thanks to “President Reagan” and his superpowers. The man is so awesome, he makes Chuck Norris cry.

Take your crappy partisan flamebait elsewhere.[/quote]

It’s not flamebait, it’s what works. You were the one banning yourself because of your brilliant prediction that oil would not go below 80$ a barrel.

You’re wrong and not very smart, but you sure keep trying. were you even alive in 1981 when Reagan took office? I was and lived through the Carter years. My views are based on what I’ve seen tried and what has worked.

Carter was a stupid pussy and everyone knew it. Reagan was not and hostages held for 444 days were released while he was being sworn in.

Gorbachov wanted Reagan to stop SDI . He said no, we’re out of here and refused to negotiate.

A few years later the Wall came down . Your ilk predicted nuclear war. The left has been consistently wrong in how to deal with bad guys. You need strength and conviction, not we’ll be nice to you and you’ll like us right?

Lixy actually is a perfect case study for American leftists, if only they would pay attention.

He completely refutes their belief that all America has to do is not have George Bush as President but have a nice smiling Democrat, and not do things such as insist – and stick with it – on preconditions but just don’t worry and talk and everyone will be our friends.

Lixy ain’t gonna love America on account of that.

Neither will the terrorists, the mullahs, the ayatollahs, etc.

The only thing that would have them happy, really, is seeing America turned into a smoldering cinder or something of that sort. (Lixy may say he’d rather just see America humiliated and cut down to size and left unable to affect anyone else in the world – he may not perhaps want us burned to the ground. The degree of antipathy varies, but that it does not depend on the factors the American left thinks it does, does not.)

[quote]Gkhan wrote:
orion wrote:

The only nation ever to have dropped the bomb and that has intervened in Iran again and again which lead to millions of dead Iranians is going to lecture a nation that has not started a war for over a century?

Seriously?

Seriously, show me a picture of an Iraqi soldier (during the Iran-Iraq War) with Us equipment. The AK-47’s, RPG’s, military hardware and Skud Missiles are all Russian made.

How many million of dead Iranians were killed by Russian weapons?

Yet Iran is all cozy with Russia.

Iran can kiss our ass.[/quote]

Well Russia has never planned the overthrow of a relatively free regime in Iran, it has not helped a country attack Iran and it does not support Kurdish militias operating on Iran’s territory.

The US however has done that and still does.

I am sure that they got the message what you think of them.

[quote]tom63 wrote:
lixy wrote:
tom63 wrote:

[/quote]

Yeah, he had the backbone to bribe them.

Well if that is the case by balls are huuuuge , just give me some taxpayer money and they will darken the skies.

Yay for corruption and backroom deals.

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
Lixy actually is a perfect case study for American leftists, if only they would pay attention.

He completely refutes their belief that all America has to do is not have George Bush as President but have a nice smiling Democrat, and not do things such as insist – and stick with it – on preconditions but just don’t worry and talk and everyone will be our friends.

Lixy ain’t gonna love America on account of that.

Neither will the terrorists, the mullahs, the ayatollahs, etc.

The only thing that would have them happy, really, is seeing America turned into a smoldering cinder or something of that sort. (Lixy may say he’d rather just see America humiliated and cut down to size and left unable to affect anyone else in the world – he may not perhaps want us burned to the ground. The degree of antipathy varies, but that it does not depend on the factors the American left thinks it does, does not.)
[/quote]

Not quite-

Yes a democrat is not enough, no they will not hate you no matter what.

It is not so much who bombs them for what reasons, it is about someone FUCKING BOMBING THEM.

He completely refutes their belief that all America has to do is not have George Bush as President but have a nice smiling Democrat, and not do things such as insist – and stick with it – on preconditions but just don’t worry and talk and everyone will be our friends. [/quote]

Are you dumb?

Democrats and Republicans have the same foreign policy. It’s what’s lately been referred to as the Washington Consensus.

The differences are cosmetic. Democrats sugarcoat their interventions overseas, while Republicans (as illustrated by the last 8 neo-con years) beat the war drums as loud as possible.

I don’t know of any “leftist” on this forum, who thinks there’s a fundamental difference between the two parties foreign-policy-wise.

Until you present one, your rant is nothing but a strawman.

In the grand scheme of things, I love America more than I love my own country. What I criticize is American foreign policy.

The terrorists don’t love anybody but themselves.

I’m not sure why you included mullahs in this list. Do you even know what that means?

As for the ayatollahs, I have no idea. But I don’t expect the Pope, the self-appointed commanders of the believers or the Haredi Rabbis to love Iran. And that’s overlooking the whole context in which said ayatollahs rose to power in Iran.

That sentence is a pain to read.

And not just because you equate non-interventionism with humiliation or a decrease of number of military bases on foreign soil with being "cut down to size.

“American left”? Go tell the Vietnamese or Serbians about how nice Democrats are.

You did not read what I wrote according to what it in fact said.

Nowhere did I “equate” humiliation with non-intervention. I said that only both would please America-haters.

As to the main point of my post – that you are a perfect example of the folly of the American left in thinking that all that is needed is to put an Obama or other smiling Democrat in power and then America-haters will love us – nothing you wrote at all refutes that.

As to your claim that you love America, well, a phrase like that in direct response to being described as an America-hater weighs little against the vast number of posts indicating otherwise.

But if you’d like to provide quotes of yourself showing your love for America – other than this quote or others equally brief, non-substantive, and forced by the situation – please feel free. Who knows, perhaps they could fill a book.

I can only go by the volume of what you actually post and its content. I cannot perform a Vulcan mind meld and ascertain the matter that way: I can only observe the fruit to determine the tree.

[quote]lixy wrote:
In the grand scheme of things, I love America more than I love my own country.

. . . .

Go tell the Vietnamese or Serbians about how nice Democrats are.[/quote]

Must be a love/hate relationship.

I recall a pic of Pres. Bill Clinton speaking to our allies the Vietnamese infront of a pic of Ho Chi Mihn. I’ll see if I can find it.

You did not read what I wrote according to what it in fact said. [/quote]

I did.

You write that I’d “rather just see America humiliated”. Given that I never alluded to that, I can only deduce that you conflate the two.

“America-haters”? Do you listen to yourself?

Let me guess…half of Americans and a majority of the world fit that description. Heck, I’ve seen people on this very forum call the POTUS just that.

You have an axe to grind with “the American left”, and that’s between you and them. For me, your “main point” is nothing but a strawman because nobody’s making the argument you’re trying to deconstruct.

Besides, Democrats and Republicans have similar foreign policy. Why should people critical of the latter give a damn if one or the other is in power?

Good grief! So anyone who criticizes aspects of your country is “an America-hater”?

With people like you around, no wonder the “either with us or against us” twat was elected twice.

My “love for America” is rooted in my deep respect for its constitution, founding principles and ideals. They are closer to my personal beliefs than most places.

Believe it or not. I couldn’t possibly care less.

[quote]orion wrote:
Gkhan wrote:

Yet Iran is all cozy with Russia.

Iran can kiss our ass.

Well Russia has never planned the overthrow of a relatively free regime in Iran, it has not helped a country attack Iran and it does not support Kurdish militias operating on Iran’s territory.

The US however has done that and still does.

I am sure that they got the message what you think of them.

[/quote]

Yes they did, The Russians sold weapons to Saddam during the Iran/Iraq war.

According to the Iran/contra fiasco, we sold weapons to Iran. So we helped IRAN in it’s war against Iraq.

Once again I ask:

If the Iranians ever became our friends I’d give them a year until their dictatorship crumbles.

They need the US as a scapegoat to survive.