T Nation

Iran Snuffs Iranian Anti-Ahmadinejad

[quote]lixy wrote:
You guys are so used to that two-party system that your brains refuse to comprehend the difference between someone who doesn’t think Ahmadinejad is the incarnation of Satan and someone who idolizes him.[/quote]

Great that you idolize (were you speaking about yourself here, unclear) a man who calls us Great Satan.

Says a lot about your education, I might add.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

If they decide to wipe our allies off the map, send weapons and support into Iraq, intend to use nukes and say so (how else would they wipe Israel off the map?), then sure. Light 'em up.

[/quote]

No one ever said anything about wiping Israel off the map. That was blatant misquote and misinterpretation of what Ahmadinejad said. This has been pointed out and discredited numerous times, yet the American propaganda machine has not let up with perpetuating the lie.

Ahmadinejad knows that if he even looks at Israel the wrong way, that his country will cease to exist.

The drum beats for war with Iran are deafening, but the pounding isn’t as loud as the idiotic cheering section that would love to see it happen. Namely Headhunter and his gang of hypocrites.

Lastly, what is everyone’s obsession with Israel?

Dustin

[quote]Gkhan wrote:
Great that you idolize (were you speaking about yourself here, unclear) a man who calls us Great Satan.

Says a lot about your education, I might add.[/quote]

I said it many times: I don’t like fundamentalists, be they Muslims or Xenu-ists, politicized or not. I don’t see anything remotely appealing about Ahmadinejad or his ilk, but I don’t think referring to him as Hitler is totally uncalled for. I believe this is some scheme to get the public to tag along when the army bombs Iran, and I refuse to let the Iraq debacle happen all over again.

Wake up! The real world isn’t digital. One can defend a person and still keep healthy skepticism. The “if you’re not with us” line is a total idiocy.

[quote]pat36 wrote:
Bolivia.[/quote]

Yeah right!

[i]"The Bolivian government has announced plans to deport a prominent Cuban dissident who publicly criticized President Evo Morales’ close ties to Havana. Dr. Amauris Samartino, a Cuban who holds permanent residence status in Bolivia, will be expelled under a 1996 law forbidding immigrants to ‘‘intervene in any form in internal politics or incite by any means the alteration of the social and political order,’’ according to a government statement on Sunday.

Samartino was arrested Saturday in the eastern city of Santa Cruz, a center of anti-Morales opposition, and later transferred to the Bolivian capital of La Paz. He will be flown home to Cuba once his case has been processed, the statement said."[/i]

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/world/AP-Bolivia-Cuban-Dissident.html&OQ=_rQ3D2Q26orefQ3Dslogin&OP=687f3fbeQ2FSXQ5E)SkuQ2A,Q5DuuiQ2BSQ26Kue!feQ5ESXuQ5D!kS9Jq(u!f2fQ26q4a)Q26eqof,fkQ5EeiQ25Q22is!

[quote]Dustin wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

If they decide to wipe our allies off the map, send weapons and support into Iraq, intend to use nukes and say so (how else would they wipe Israel off the map?), then sure. Light 'em up.

No one ever said anything about wiping Israel off the map. That was blatant misquote and misinterpretation of what Ahmadinejad said. This has been pointed out and discredited numerous times, yet the American propaganda machine has not let up with perpetuating the lie.

Ahmadinejad knows that if he even looks at Israel the wrong way, that his country will cease to exist.

The drum beats for war with Iran are deafening, but the pounding isn’t as loud as the idiotic cheering section that would love to see it happen. Namely Headhunter and his gang of hypocrites.

Lastly, what is everyone’s obsession with Israel?

Dustin[/quote]

Dustin,

Would you explain to us exactly what the Iranian president DID mean, in his words?

Thanks.

[quote]lixy wrote:
pat36 wrote:
Bolivia.

Yeah right!

[i]"The Bolivian government has announced plans to deport a prominent Cuban dissident who publicly criticized President Evo Morales’ close ties to Havana. Dr. Amauris Samartino, a Cuban who holds permanent residence status in Bolivia, will be expelled under a 1996 law forbidding immigrants to ‘‘intervene in any form in internal politics or incite by any means the alteration of the social and political order,’’ according to a government statement on Sunday.

Samartino was arrested Saturday in the eastern city of Santa Cruz, a center of anti-Morales opposition, and later transferred to the Bolivian capital of La Paz. He will be flown home to Cuba once his case has been processed, the statement said."[/i]

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/world/AP-Bolivia-Cuban-Dissident.html&OQ=_rQ3D2Q26orefQ3Dslogin&OP=687f3fbeQ2FSXQ5E)SkuQ2A,Q5DuuiQ2BSQ26Kue!feQ5ESXuQ5D!kS9Jq(u!f2fQ26q4a)Q26eqof,fkQ5EeiQ25Q22is![/quote]

Hmmm…a foreign national from a communist country comes to Bolivia and stirs shit up. That was nice of them to deport him; I’d have had him shot.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Dustin,

Would you explain to us exactly what the Iranian president DID mean, in his words?

Thanks.
[/quote]

You could try reading the article I provided. I could also google other articles on his alleged statement and provide them since you’re lazy. Better yet, you could try it yourself.

The direct translation is given in the article. Now, maybe for some people it requires a few moments to think about what he said.

The statement, if you would ever venture outside the MSM, is a (accurate) response to the belligerent behavior of the Israelis who seem to think they can do as please whenever they want.

Unfortunately, the actual statement made is a far cry from what you probably wish he’d said, since you want to drop bombs on people so badly.

Dustin

[quote]lixy wrote:
Wake up! The real world isn’t digital. One can defend a person and still keep healthy skepticism. The “if you’re not with us” line is a total idiocy.[/quote]

In 10 years, if I am wrong about this. I’ll owe you an apology. But right now I can’t see Ahmadinejad as this great man of peace.

If he came up with a grand strategy to end the war in Iraq, or at least stop the violence, or a peaceful solution to the Israeli crisis, or jumped on board with the war against al-qaeda, then maybe I’d believe you. But I have not seen this man do anything peaceful but talk. And most of his rhetoric is antagonistic.

[quote]Dustin wrote:
The statement, if you would ever venture outside the MSM, is a (accurate) response to the belligerent behavior of the Israelis who seem to think they can do as please whenever they want.
Dustin
[/quote]

I have read different versions of what he said on the Wiki provided by Lixy and felt it was inconclusive as to what he exactly said. If you believe he did not say it, then there are quotes to back up that belief. If you think he did say it, there are quotes to back that up as well. Lixy sent the link a while ago as proof, and I am still up in the air about it.

Best advise to Ahmadinejad:

Maybe you should have just said nothing.

Question: Do the people in Iran love this guy? I have heard they do not and are waiting for him to get booted out of office.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]Dustin wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Dustin,

Would you explain to us exactly what the Iranian president DID mean, in his words?

Thanks.

You could try reading the article I provided. I could also google other articles on his alleged statement and provide them since you’re lazy. Better yet, you could try it yourself.

The direct translation is given in the article. Now, maybe for some people it requires a few moments to think about what he said.

The statement, if you would ever venture outside the MSM, is a (accurate) response to the belligerent behavior of the Israelis who seem to think they can do as please whenever they want.

Unfortunately, the actual statement made is a far cry from what you probably wish he’d said, since you want to drop bombs on people so badly.

Dustin
[/quote]

I wanted YOUR words, Dustin. I wasn’t being lazy. I wanted to hear what YOU thought. Please share with us.

Dustin,

I want to understand why you have the views you do. Too many lib profs?

I know, one day you’re on the football team, cold beer and hot pussy; the next, you’re in a cubicle with some prick standing over you screaming “Get that report done now, Dustin!!”, doing work no one in their right mind would give a shit about.

Now, imagine you are in your Abrahms tank, cruising down the streets of Tehran. You’re crushing Iranian cars under the treads. A truck full of ragheads try to escape in a pickup truck after IEDing your bros. You fuckin’ cap 'em all! Isn’t that better than that fucking cubicle?

Join now, live the life! And you get the pleasure of defending the most noble, most moral country in the history of the world! HOO-YAH!!!

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Dustin,

Join now, live the life! And you get the pleasure of defending the most noble, most moral country in the history of the world! HOO-YAH!!![/quote]

Dustin is in the Army.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Now, imagine you are in your Abrahms tank, cruising down the streets of Tehran.[/quote]

A city setting is pretty much the worse place to put a tank in. Too easy for the enemy to get behind or above you.

Ask the Israeli how many Merkavas (a tank that pretty much defines survivability) they lost to Hezbollah in urban settings.

Do your students know that you call for mass killings - when it’s not outright genocide - in between classes?

Unfortunately, it’s much easier to join the US Army instead.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

Join now, live the life! And you get the pleasure of defending the most noble, most moral country in the history of the world! HOO-YAH!!![/quote]

Switzerland? Island? Andorra, Monaco or Liechtenstein?

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Join now, live the life! [/quote]

Do you know anything at all about Dustin?

Just having a little fun with Dustin. He’s a good-hearted guy, for a lib. ;D

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

I wanted YOUR words, Dustin. I wasn’t being lazy. I wanted to hear what YOU thought. Please share with us.

[/quote]

It sounds like Ahmadinejad believes the current regime in Israel is belligerent and should go away.

My point is, his actual statement is a far cry from what he’s accused of saying.

The guy is probably an A-hole anyway, but that doesn’t give the U.S government the right to saturate his country with bombs.

Dustin

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Dustin,

I want to understand why you have the views you do. Too many lib profs?
[/quote]

There are numerous reasons why I have the views I do, it’s a little off topic though.

I believe the “ragheads” prefer to be called Persians.

Unfortunately, the little scenario you just outlined will happen early next year, except not in Iran and not in a tank.

Hopefully, I don’t have to cap anyone.

[quote]
Join now, live the life! And you get the pleasure of defending the most noble, most moral country in the history of the world! HOO-YAH!!![/quote]

I’ve had about two and half years of the life and I’ve already had enough of it.

And it’s Hooah, not HOO-YAH.

Dustin

Iran Invites Bush to Speak at University

[i]Sep 28, 11:58 AM EDT
Associated Press

TEHRAN, Iran (AP) – Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad invited President Bush to speak at an Iranian university if the American leader ever traveled to the Islamic Republic, state-run television reported Friday.[/i]

http://www.columbian.com/news/APStories/AP09282007news205140.cfm