Iran Nuclear Deal

We don’t have to do anything but exist to make enemies in that region…

Just wow… The Kurds have been helping us, being our boots on the ground and we stab them in the back like this. Why are we sucking Erdogan’s dick? What he is doing in Turkey with his mass arrests and round ups should be receiving our strongest condemnation not our fucking support.
This is disappointing to say the least. There is some dirty dick sucking going on here…

1 Like

I just cannot believe we did that shit…OMG! I am really pissed right now.

Did the obama administration have a meeting this morning and ask, “How can we take the horrible, terrible no good situation in the ME and make it drastically worse??? Hmmm, I know, let’s shit on the only friends we have there!” “Well, who would that be?” “The kurds of course.” “Yeah! Let’s fuck over the the Kurds, that will be hilarious. Let’s see if we can get a bunch of them butchered too!”

UNREAL.

1 Like

“In Ankara on Wednesday, Biden launched a charm offensive, praising the bravery of the Turkish people during the coup attempt, lauding their efforts against the Islamic State and declaring that the country had “no better friend” than the United States. He also warned the Syrian Kurds that they would lose U.S. support if they did not retreat to the Euphrates’ eastern bank.”

This was a total slap in the face to the Kurds. Erdogan is NOT a friend.

2 Likes

I enter my email as “asdfg@yahoo.com” and it lets me read the articles.

It isn’t that you “got the wrong guy.”

It’s that you were able to look at a foreign-policy-related article in the Washington Post with a byline that you correctly interpreted to read “Robert K-gan” without immediately understanding that the author was Robert Kagan. It’s that you had to do any Googling in the first place.

This tells us that you don’t know who Robert Kagan is.

To understate the matter: someone who so often feels it necessary to loudly opine on matters of foreign policy as you do…ought to know who Robert Kagan is.

Why? Because Robert Kagan is the most prominent advocate for the most consequential foreign-policy ideology of this century. He is literally at the center of the movement that gave us the great blunder in the wake of which, and because of which, ISIS was born.

Don’t get me wrong, this isn’t revelatory. Anybody who reads your posts aready understands that you don’t have any clue about any of this. But it’s still worth pointing out from time to time

loppar:

My apologies.

(I had been thinking about what I wrote the whole time I had to run to the office for something).

I view you and Bis as two of the LEAST on PWI to buy into conspiracy theory or the like.

What I was attempting to say is that the answers for why the Administration did what they did were just too “clean” for the messiness of the ME…too “easy” to understand…and that it all had a conspiratorial “feel” about it…not that you were buying into, or spreading, some wild theory.

Something I learned a long time ago though…

Something can be a fact or “true”…but still not be the truth…

(Hope that makes sense).

Again…my apologies.

And this here is the infuriating thing about threads like these.

The JCPOA did not create a “potentially future nuclear Iran.”

It substantially distanced Iran from nuclear weapons capability.

And here’s the problem for you and Gkhan and people like you, who don’t have the remotest interest in understanding the reality before formulating arguments: those of us who understand the facts know that the above is not disputed. It is not open to interpretation. It is very simply the case.

Now, you are free to argue that the deal didn’t do enough, or that it was designed inelegantly, or that maybe it was better for Iran to remain exactly as close to nuclear weapons capability as it was, or (if you are an idiot) that it is more important to keep frozen money than nuclear warheads out of Iranian hands, or whatever. You would not win any of these arguments, but someone more capable than you could give it a shot, though even the most intelligent detractors are having a hard time reckoning with the simple facts on the ground.

But in no possible universe, under no possible interpretation, can a country surrender tens of thousands of pounds of enriched uranium, and destroy reactors, and mothball most of its machinery under Western monitoring – and be said to be closer to nuclear weapons capability. I am truly sorry that this is what’s happened. I know you’d much prefer that the Iranians get the bomb AND ASAP, BECAUSE OBAMA. But that isn’t how things played out. Maybe you’ll get lucky and our country will be dealt some other horrible blow in the near future.

ISIS was formed from the remnants of Al Qaeda in Iraq.

Before that there was the PLO and the various off shoots.

After the Iran revolution there was the civil war in Lebanon, various terrorist groups and militias there. Then came the Syrian invasion of Lebanon, the disarmament of all terrorists & militias except Hezbollah and that’s how they formed.

Then you had the Russian invasion of Afghanistan & US aid to the rebels there directly spawning what is now known as Al-Qaeda.

Great insight. Thanks again, as always.

1 Like

Nothing could be farther from the truth.

Then I’m puzzled as to why you are so eager to lie about or simply fuck up the reality, which is that of the two presidents who dealt with an open and urgent nuclear Iranian threat, the previous one let it grow to near-catastrophic proportions, while the current one diminished it – substantially and unarguably so.

Wait, no. It would take a shrink six years and a team of postgraduate researchers to adequately account for this board’s tangled web of Obama-related delusions. No need for an explanation.

Yeah. Things have totally cooled down now with Iran. They’re even playing chicken with our warships now.
Our relationship is just skippy with them. Yessiree!

What is under discussion is the JCPOA, a nuclear deal. It was designed to diminish what was often described as among the greatest threats to American security interests the world had to offer. Whether or not it is working is entirely a function of Iran’s nuclear program, which, I regret to inform you, has been deprived of all sorts of essential pieces, including tens of thousands of pounds of uranium, a heavy-water reactor, operating centrifuges, etc. By some estimates Iran’s breakout window has increased ten-fold. In any case, Iran’s nuclear progress has been largely undone; there is good reason to believe that its future ambitions have been curtailed and will be hit even harder by the allure of a freer economy; and, should the Iranians try to break out, a multinational coalition is now much more likely to rise in military opposition to it.

Matters not related to Iran’s nuclear program…don’t have much of anything to do with any of this. And nobody said that any other aspect of US-Iran relations has “totally cooled down.” That’s what we call a “straw man.” Sorry.

You are not who determines what is under discussion. Save your informing (snark) for someone who gives a fuck about your opinion.

Now put that vocabulary to good use by telling me what an ignorant dumbfuck I am!

You cut in with dumb-shit sarcasm directly arising from an argument I was making.

In reality, your sarcasm did not have anything to do with my argument. It was a dumb non-sequitur.

I explained this to you, because you weren’t going to figure it out yourself.

So yes, I was the one who (jointly) determined what was under discussion in this case. Because it was a discussion I was in, and you chose to stumble in with your pants down in order to show your ass.

Now, I know you don’t have any more to add, so until next time, adios.

That was not nearly as good as I had hoped.

You know, I once considered you a very good insult comic. Probably one of the best. But lately you’ve just been kind of flat.

This particular instance is downright disappointing.

That is actually tough to hear.

I’m distracted at the moment, but I will try harder in the future. You have my word.

2 Likes

Thanks man. You and FI are neck and neck.

Well I’m guessing this can’t be a bad thing. Let’s just hope it works better than how having the Russians remove chemical weapons from Syria prevented Assad from using gas in the civil war. It was, after all, touted as a major victory for the Obama administration…but wait:

I’m sure The UN special envoy for Syria has less insight into the situation than you do. Or maybe you’ll discredit the BBC. Yeah, lol, what do they know?