Iran Gives Holocaust Cartoon Prize

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/11/02/iran.cartoons.ap/index.html

I wonder how many people will die over this one…Oh that’s right, NONE. No muslims will take offense at it.

Who cares?

The Iranian ruling class is a bunch of animals.

Predictably,

Meanwhile, in Iran,

In other words, so what?

Some Iranians hate Jews. This is a shock to whom?

[quote]Varqanir wrote:
Predictably,

The U.S. State Department has slammed the exhibit at Tehran’s Museum of Contemporary Arts, calling it an outrageous attempt to “denigrate the horror that was the holocaust.”

Meanwhile, in Iran,

“The exhibition had no remarkable impact on public opinion,” said Gohar Dashti, a professor at the Soureh Art University in Tehran. “It was neither a concern of students nor of the media.”

In other words, so what?

Some Iranians hate Jews. This is a shock to whom?[/quote]

Exactly. “So what” should be the response to cartoons. Instead of angry street protests, hostage taking, death threats, or embassy attacks. I think that’s what the OP was getting at.

[quote]Michael570 wrote:

Exactly. “So what” should be the response to cartoons. [/quote]

Especially if they are of busty young schoolgirls being molested by slimy alien tentacles.

Incidentally, in the cartoon you posted above, was the man on the left supposed to be a Pakistani or a Mauritanian, do you think? Hard to tell which flag that is on his shirt. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]Varqanir wrote:
Predictably,

The U.S. State Department has slammed the exhibit at Tehran’s Museum of Contemporary Arts, calling it an outrageous attempt to “denigrate the horror that was the holocaust.”

Meanwhile, in Iran,

“The exhibition had no remarkable impact on public opinion,” said Gohar Dashti, a professor at the Soureh Art University in Tehran. “It was neither a concern of students nor of the media.”

In other words, so what?

Some Iranians hate Jews. This is a shock to whom?[/quote]

And this picture had no effect on public opinion. For some reason this picture cause many muslims, spurred on by thier Imams to hurt kill and mame. And that is pathetic. Please note, I said many and not all.

[quote]Marmadogg wrote:
Who cares?

The Iranian ruling class is a bunch of animals.[/quote]

They’re Great Danes.