Iran Elections

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
Anyone else hoping this is the spark that country needed?[/quote]

Israel will provide the ‘sparks’ very soon. Light up the scum, boys!

[quote]Mufasa wrote:
Okay…

A win by Ahmedinejad by garnering 62% of the vote is very believable, mainly because of his popularity.

(The 80% must have come from Fox News!)

Mufasa[/quote]

He even won in his opponent’s home town! Wow!! He MUST be great! LOL!

When will you guys accept that only by burning the nests do we kill the hornets?

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:
Anyone else hoping this is the spark that country needed?

[/quote]

Yea yea. I love warmongers who never served themselves. So easy to send others while you sit back with your inhaler, eh?

Headhunter wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:

Yea yea. I love warmongers who never served themselves. So easy to send others while you sit back with your inhaler, eh?[/quote]

Well in his place he is going to be sending a Marine officer. What have you done to help your country?

[quote]John S. wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:

Yea yea. I love warmongers who never served themselves. So easy to send others while you sit back with your inhaler, eh?

Well in his place he is going to be sending a Marine officer. What have you done to help your country?
[/quote]

Thank you, John. Irish likes to turn these sorts of things into some odd personal attack. Meanwhile, Obama is asleep at the switch while the Iranians and North Koreans plot how to start WWIII.

All this is just like with Hitler at Munich.

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep deciding on what’s for dinner. These elections are a sham. The fundamental problem in these countries is a lack of respect for, and understanding of, individual liberties. Theocracies are merely another form of fascism.

[quote]John S. wrote:

[/quote]

LOL. And how is he doing that?

Headhunter wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:

Yea yea. I love warmongers who never served themselves. So easy to send others while you sit back with your inhaler, eh?[/quote]

I find people who throw the warmonger label around to be either intellectually lazy or just incapable of making an intelligent case for their views. It’s obnoxious because they don’t have an alternative to suggest so they resort to throwing prejudicial terms around.

The last time I checked this country was a democracy with the military under the control of civilian government. If you don’t like living in a country with civilian control of the military why don’t you move to one of the worlds military dictatorships?

There has been about a decade of diplomacy put into trying to peacefully resolve the Iranian nuclear issue. Diplomacy has failed and it will continue to fail so long as we have weak democrats who are incapable of using the threat of force effectively running our government.

Time has run out trying to get the Iranians to stop thier nuclear weapons program. The present situation with protests means nothing. Even if Mousavi were to replace Ahmadinejad, at the end of the day Mousavi still is someone who had to pass muster with the Ayatollah Khamenei. What is going on there right now is just political theater that will not result in substantive change.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
John S. wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:

Thank you, John. Irish likes to turn these sorts of things into some odd personal attack. Meanwhile, Obama is asleep at the switch while the Iranians and North Koreans plot how to start WWIII.

All this is just like with Hitler at Munich.

[/quote]

Actually this is worse than Munich. Neville Chamberlain gets a lot of flack for Munich but he was able to buy time for britain to get prepared for the coming war. In 1938 Britain was woefully unprepared to fight a war. The most advanced operational fighter the British had was the canvas covered Hurricane which was not a good match up against the all metal ME 109 which the Germans had operational. Between 1938 and the battle of Britain in 1940 the British were able to get the Spitfire operational and work up several squadrons. The British were also able to get radar deployed and get the Spitfire production dispersed so it couldn’t be knocked out by hitting one factory.

The US has overwhelming military superiority, especially air superiority. No rational leader would want to go to war with the US. But US leadership is so weak that the threat of the US military is seriously undermined. The very dumbest thing they do is constantly stating that using the military must always be the last resort. Every time they do that they virtually guarantee that any diplomacy or negotiations will be very long and drawn out with lots of raised and dashed hopes. ie North Koreas nuclear program.

So that is why this is worse than Munich. The US has the ability to impose it’s will but is so afraid to do it that the bad guys are encouraged. In Munich Chamberlain really wasn’t in the position to make threats so he made a bad deal then went home and started building up the military.

I would really like to see some evidence that this election was rigged. Everybody seems under the impression that the Iranian people are just little westerners in waiting and they don’t really like their country’s politics. But it may be a case that they do in fact prefer hard line Islamic militarism and hence did vote this goon back in. Now, it matters little since ayatola is actually running the show. So it doesn’t matter who the mouth piece is.

I am not saying the election wasn’t rigged, but nobody says how or why. And I don’t doubt that people there like this asshole.

John S. wrote:

LOL. And how is he doing that?[/quote]

My son has accepted an appointment to Annapolis. His intention is to be an officer in the USMC.

Your turn.

[quote]ds1973 wrote:
Democracy is two wolves and a sheep deciding on what’s for dinner. These elections are a sham. The fundamental problem in these countries is a lack of respect for, and understanding of, individual liberties. Theocracies are merely another form of fascism.[/quote]

Yep. The Mullahs chose 495 candidates, all of whom had to pass the proper litmus test: Are you a good party member? Were you recommended by your Gauleiter??

John S. wrote:

LOL. And how is he doing that?[/quote]

His son is going to Annapolis to become a Marine officer.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:
John S. wrote:

My son has accepted an appointment to Annapolis. His intention is to be an officer in the USMC.

Your turn.

[/quote]

Good for him. I hope he does well.

But he’s not “sending him in his place”- this ain’t the damn Civil War.

And it makes it even more amazing to me that you’re a cheerleader for America to fight the world. More often then not, it’s those morons who want to start wars that have never been there themselves, like the fleet of chickenhawks in the Bush Administration and the chickenhawks on this board.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:
John S. wrote:

Your turn.

[/quote]

And that makes it worse, the one with the genetic abnormality sits around chicken hawking while the stronger and healthier go off to fight a war. Classic beta male move.

Talk to any military family, the non-servicemen/women never ride the coat tails of the ones who serve, I certainly don’t.

Stop chicken hawking and stick to teaching or homemaking or nanny care or what ever it is you call a “job.”

I hope your son stays safe and preforms admirably in any future military endeavors.

Its still your turn.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:
John S. wrote:

Your turn.

[/quote]

HH…setting the bar lower, once more.

[quote]Chushin wrote:
I am truly astounded that a man is willingly supporting having his son go off to war, and you people are able to find a way to belittle his motivations.

Don’t bother concluding that he might ACTUALLY be willing to risk someone very precious to him because he believes it’s the right thing to do. That would be too classy – and logical–for this place.

[/quote]

It is amazing how quick people will be to trash talk a man who raised one of America’s best. Make no mistake in person these people would not be saying a word to him. They are cowards.

HH please keep us informed on your son’s progress. I look forward to hearing about it.

[quote]Chushin wrote:
I am truly astounded that a man is willingly supporting having his son go off to war, and you people are able to find a way to belittle his motivations.

Don’t bother concluding that he might ACTUALLY be willing to risk someone very precious to him because he believes it’s the right thing to do. That would be too classy – and logical–for this place.

[/quote]

If my kid wanted to go to Annapolis, I would support him. If we wanted to join the army as a private and serve the rest of his life, I’d support that too. I am far from anti-military, and often thought about joining myself.

However, the fact that someone was in the military, supports the military, says they support the military, has a kid in the military, or whatever, does not make their political opinions any more valid, especially when they’ve continually shown themselves to be a delusional asshat like HH has done continually during his time on this board (and others. They love him in the combat sports one, too.)

And it’s all the more ironic that someone with such a vested interest continually says that he wants to go to war with all kinds of countries, depending what day it is. The

And honestly, get the fuck over yourself. It’s fucking politics- if you think class or logic has any place in that, then you don’t know the damn game and shouldn’t be talking about it either.

[quote]Chushin wrote:

[/quote]

How in holy fuck does “My son has accepted an appointment to Annapolis” turn into “having his son go off to war”? Did he somehow force the kid to go that route? And it’s a long, long way from “accepting an appointment” to becoming a Marine officer.

And HH would risk anything and everything in this world before his own skin.