Iran Close to Nuke?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,536203,00.html

Iran has perfected the technology to create and detonate a nuclear warhead and is merely awaiting the word from its Supreme Leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, to produce its first bomb, Western intelligence sources have told The Times of London.

The sources said that Iran completed a research programme to create weaponised uranium in the summer of 2003 and that it could feasibly make a bomb within a year of an order from its Supreme Leader.

A U.S. National Intelligence Estimate two years ago concluded that Iran had ended its nuclear arms research programme in 2003 because of the threat from the American invasion of Iraq. But intelligence sources have told The Times that Tehran had halted the research because it had achieved its aim â?? to find a way of detonating a warhead that could be launched on its long-range Shehab-3 missiles.

They said that, should Ayatollah Khamenei approve the building of a nuclear device, it would take six months to enrich enough uranium and another six months to assemble the warhead. The Iranian Defence Ministry has been running a covert nuclear research department for years, employing hundreds of scientists, researchers and metallurgists in a multibillion-dollar programme to develop nuclear technology alongside the civilian nuclear program.
Related Stories

* Iran Warns of Action if Israel Attacks Nuke Sites
* Iranian Clerics Declare Ahmadinejed Re-Election Illegitimate
* Israel Begins Biggest Civil Defense Drill Amid Iran Tensions
* Israeli Air Force Holds Exercise Simulating War With Iran
* Report: CIA Chief Warned Israel Not to Bomb Iran in Secret Visit
* Report: Israel Preparing Assault on Iran's Nuclear Sites

â??The main thing (in 2003) was the lack of fissile material, so it was best to slow it down,â?? the sources said. â??We think that the leader himself decided back then (to halt the program), after the good results.â??

Iranâ??s scientists have been trying to master a method of detonating a bomb known as the â??multipoint initiation systemâ?? â?? wrapping highly enriched uranium in high explosives and then detonating it. The sources said that the Iranian Defence Ministry had used a secret internal agency called Amad (â??Supplyâ?? in Farsi), led by Mohsin Fakhri Zadeh, a physics professor and senior member of the Iranian Revolutionary Guards Council.

The fact of the matter is that quiet a lot of countries are 1-2 years away from a nuclear device.

You think anyone could stop Germany or Japan when fucking NK can pull it off?

The genie is sooo out of the bottle.

Even if they are, what are we going to do? Launch an attack and start another war that we can’t fully fund?

People are so worried about nuclear weapons, but fail to realize that most countries possess biological and chemical agents that are as powerful as nuclear weapons as far as lethality to life goes. I believe that people aren’t as irrational as everyone believes. Stop worrying so much about what weapons other countries posses and focus on the relationships with them instead. That way, they will never be used.

What happens when Israel fulfills its promise that Iran will never have nuclear weapons.

[quote]John S. wrote:
What happens when Israel fulfills its promise that Iran will never have nuclear weapons.[/quote]

Exactly. If someone seriously told me that their goal was to obliterate my family and I, and that they were arming for that person, I’d be after them in a heartbeat. Israel should stop listening to Obama’s empty promises/rhetoric and just bomb Iran back into the stone age.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Israel should stop listening to Obama’s empty promises/rhetoric and just bomb Iran back into the stone age.
[/quote]

Considering that the vast majority of the Iranian population opposes the person that made those remarks, that would be a terrible mistake.

For a conservative-Christian, you don’t seem too phased by the idea of war.

[quote]BackInAction wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Israel should stop listening to Obama’s empty promises/rhetoric and just bomb Iran back into the stone age.

Considering that the vast majority of the Iranian population opposes the person that made those remarks, that would be a terrible mistake.

[/quote]

Why would he be phased by a country launching a pre-emptive strike on a country that vowed to whipe it off the map. I would take care of them before they finally produce the weapon to actually accomplish that goal.

It doesn’t matter if the population agrees with him or not, unlike here they don’t get to decide. What he wants to do is what the Ayatollah want to do.

Headhunter wrote:

[/quote]

Christian, HH? Have I missed something? I thought he was a Randian Atheist.

[quote]John S. wrote:
BackInAction wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

Why would he be phased by a country launching a pre-emptive strike on a country that vowed to whipe it off the map. I would take care of them before they finally produce the weapon to actually accomplish that goal.

It doesn’t matter if the population agrees with him or not, unlike here they don’t get to decide. What he wants to do is what the Ayatollah want to do.[/quote]

The Iranian program is dispersed, there is nothing to bomb.

All Israel can do is piss them off and then they most definitely get the bomb.

[quote]orion wrote:
John S. wrote:
BackInAction wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

It doesn’t matter if the population agrees with him or not, unlike here they don’t get to decide. What he wants to do is what the Ayatollah want to do.

[/quote]

Israel will probably going to go all out, these next few months will get interesting.

[quote]orion wrote:
John S. wrote:
BackInAction wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

[/quote]

That’s if its a conventional strike. thats what these media pundits talk about
what if Israel has factored that. and decide instead to launch an all nuclear strike
If I was fighting a bigger and stronger man, that was threating to kill me and my family.
I’m not going to hit him a few times, so he can recover and move against, stronger then before. I’m gone smash his brains in one savage blow.
Never underestimate Israel’s will to survive. These insane ayatollah’s have said, they are willing to sacrifice Iran, to try and destroy Israel. They just might get their wish. I won’t shed one tear for ten’s of millions of dead muslims. Their inability to stop hating will lead them to this sad ending

[quote]orion wrote:
John S. wrote:
BackInAction wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

[/quote]

what if Israel has factored that. and decide instead to launch an all nuclear strike
If I was fighting a bigger and stronger man, that was threating to kill me and my family.
I’m not going to hit him a few times, so he can recover and move against, stronger then before. I’m gone smash his brains in one savage blow.
Never underestimate Israel’s will to survive. These insane ayatollah’s have said, they are willing to sacrifice Iran, to try and destroy Israel. They just might get their wish. I won’t shed one tear for ten’s of millions of dead muslims. Their inability to stop hating will lead them to this sad ending

[quote]John S. wrote:

It doesn’t matter if the population agrees with him or not, unlike here they don’t get to decide. What he wants to do is what the Ayatollah want to do.[/quote]

Because it was never actually said that Israel should be “wiped off the map.” The actual quote, transliterated:

“This offensive regime should be wiped from the history books.” Or very close to it.

It was not about obliteration or genocide. The argument was that the Israeli government is an embarrassment to its people and the world and does not deserve to be remembered, NOT that they should all be destroyed.

This is one of the most disgusting misinterpretations in the past decade.

Anyway, do you really think Israel will just strike Iran and Iran will not strike back? Iran said it would launch ballistic missiles at Israel if that were to happen. I do not see Iran striking first. That is Western fear mongering at its best.

The Arab countries are “worried” about Iran’s “growing clout?” Kiss my ass. The Arab countries do not give a shit about each other, let alone Iran - if they did, they would have taken in Palestinians or at least helped each other in times of need - because they are a bedouin culture. It is everyone for themselves and that mentality translates to their foreign policy.

North Korea is a far greater threat to the US than Iran will ever be.

I want to see if Israel will still act like it has brass balls if the US threatened to stop sending money to Israel should it attack Iran pre-emptively. I’m sure those IDF balls would shrivel real quick.

if anyone thinks that Israel wont attack first they are living with their head in the sand.

Headhunter wrote:

[/quote]

This perception of Christians as some sort of schmoo who just sits there waiting to be shot must end.

Who here has ever hear of Charles ‘the hammer’ Martel?

[quote]kodiak82 wrote:
orion wrote:
John S. wrote:
BackInAction wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

[/quote]

Well of course they can also try to kill 70 million people.

That would practically be suicide, but why not.

[quote]orion wrote:
kodiak82 wrote:
orion wrote:
John S. wrote:
BackInAction wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

[/quote]

with well over 200 nukes going into the megaton range, and most of the Iranian people living in cities, with 12 million people in tehran alone. Tehran being encircled by mountains, making it the perfect nuclear killing zone. It would take about 80 to 100 warheads if not less to destroy all of Iran’s major IRGC and regular military bases, and population centers. With enough left over to use against the arabs or other eastern powers. should they decide to get involved
never in human history have people that are on the verge of extinction, been able to take the world with them, the ultimate form of justice. Remember boys and girls that if Israel falls untold millions with go with her

[quote]kodiak82 wrote:
orion wrote:
kodiak82 wrote:
orion wrote:
John S. wrote:
BackInAction wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

with well over 200 nukes going into the megaton range, and most of the Iran people living in cities, with 12 million people in tehran alone. Tehran being encircled by mountains, making in the perfect nuclear killing zone. It would take about 80 to 100 warheads if not less destroy all Iran’s major IRGC and regular military bases, and population centers. With enough left over to use against the arabs or other eastern powers. should they decide to get involved
never in human history have people that are on the verge of extinction, been able to take the world with them, the ultimate form of justice. Remember boys and girls that if Israel falls untold millions with go with her[/quote]

There is something very wrong with you.

[quote]orion wrote:
kodiak82 wrote:
orion wrote:
John S. wrote:
BackInAction wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

[/quote]

with well over 200 nukes going into the megaton range, and most of the Iran people living in cities, with 12 million people in tehran alone. Tehran being encircled by mountains, making in the perfect nuclear killing zone. It would take about 80 to 100 warheads if not less to destroy all of Iran’s major IRGC and regular military bases, and population centers. With enough left over to use against the arabs or other eastern powers. should they decide to get involved
never in human history have people that are on the verge of extinction, been able to take the world with them, the ultimate form of justice. Remember boys and girls that if Israel falls untold millions with go with her

Sadly, when it comes to a rogue nuclear attack I think it’s a question of when rather than if. I guarantee some crack dictator in a 3rd world country will do it some day.

Not that it justifies a preemptive strike by Israel or by anyone else.