IR & Body Temp

I didn’t want to high jack buddies thread but tuna had listed two products. Your liver enzymes are high although on a quick glance I see only one tested. Try milk thistle from the seeds not the whole plant. It has lowered my liver enzymes and my estradiol is lower also. Era search foods and what to stay away from. It’s a huge subject. Avoid soy products. You have to figure out what works for your body . Suggest seeing a homeopath. When I have time ill try and help you out but read about high estrogenic foods and take care of your liver.

Are you or we’re you a drinker? Do you have hepatitis ? Has anyone done a abdominal ultrasound?

I don’t see any Vit D or vit b12 labs? Am I missing something?
Have a great day

I had hives once. Really seemed to wear me down after a few days. As typical, no cause identified. I was on prednisone and cimetidine, both short term. As far as post viral syndrome, when I had a shingles vaccination, that really slowed me down for a long time. Oddly, cimetidine has some interesting anti-viral properties.

You are not now iodine deficient. So that is ruled out. You have lots of TSH, so you do not have secondary hypothyroidism, that leaves primary and the thyroid itself seems to be the root of the problem. There can be thyroiditis, which can be many things, or autoimmune disease.

Thyroid peroxidase antibody is low, so its not that. IW suggested:
Tgab
Tpo and an added TSI test for diagnosing graves.

• he is more aware of these tests and perhaps more testing is needed.

Body temperatures seem somewhat decent. But I do not have the perspective of what they were before. Your high TSH is indicating that your hypothalamus is not seeing enough of a combination of fT4 and fT3 and is calling for more TSH. If you took thyroid drugs, TSH should go down and then the thyroid is getting less flogged by TSH.

And keep in mind that high rT3 can block fT3 at the hypothalamus and other tissues in your body. That in turn can raise TSH, but is probably not a prime cause. With chronic infections and/or inflammation, rT3 increases are not unexpected. This also plays into fatigue. Thyroiditis could possible increase rT3 as well.

Do you have current CBC showing immune cell counts?

Is thyroid lumpy?
Might need a needle biopsy.
High TSH may be the cause of your enlarged thyroid.

Best to not do thyroid labs for a couple of days after doc or you palpates your thyroid, can shift lab results.

Lets not loose focus on your liver markers that might also be speaking to some unknown issues or infection.

I have suffered from chronic urticaria for over 25years now. It does not only manifest itself in the common “hives” type of itchy skin rashes but also via massive swelling of the deeper tissues in my face e.g lips (usually), eyes, chin etc. When i suffer these attacks it really knocks me over, sometimes for a few days, i almost feel like i have 'flu coming on; aching joints, no energy, depressed.

This condition is what I was prescribed cimetidine for (removed from that after gyno emerged!), along with anti-histamines which i still take almost daily. Prior to cimitidine the doctors had tried a lot of other drugs (including prednislone) and anthistimine combinations, all to no avail including cimitidine and the presently prescribed anti-hist! A few times the attacks have been so serious I’ve been taken to hospital and had hydro-cortizone, antihistimine and even adrenalin injections. I have epi-pens in the house in case my tongue swells again!

I was passed around from consultant to consultant until i eventually ended up seeing the top immunolgy guy in my area. Now I think about it, that guy should have a LOT of blood test results for me! They tested my “blood compliment” levels a lot. My suspicions were that I had a food allergy/intolerance so they tried various elimination diets - including additive-free, dairy-free, and a boiled rice and turkey “total elimination” - , none of which helped. I’ve also had “skin prick” and the usual other allergy testing, urine and stool and blood samples for parasites etc. and (apart from a very mild reaction to pollen which did not surprise me as a suffered very mild hay-fever as a child) nothing showed up.

Th head immunologist gave me quite a lot of time and we discussed at length when the attacks occured, my life-style, etc. His informed opinion was that my urticaria was very definitely “stress-related”, and he told me there was very little he could actually do for me (apart from suggest a small dose of an anti-depressent before bed which i refused) and suggested meditation, hypnotherapy, etc.

I am starting to wonder if I have developed adrenal fatigue due to all the years of this?!

Other issues:

1. i have never been “a drinker”. when i was younger I drank a little socially on weekends but in the last 15-20years or so very rarely ever drink alcohol. don’t use steroids or recreational drugs either.

2. No, do not have current CBC. I’m sure one of the recent blood panels included some test that indicates if there are tumours?

3. Apologies re: temps. I also did not record reference temps prior to IR although, looking back on our last PM you did advise me to check body temps.

4. To be honest I do not actually know what my thyroid should feel like! When I saw the endo (~August 12) he examined my throat area and did not make any comments regarding any enlargement/lumpy.

Have you been tested for Lyme disease? Igenex in California is speacialized in Lyme testing. Look them up. Just a thought and maybe I am looking at you this way cause I am being tested for it but maybe look into it and see if you have been wrongly diagnosed.

Quite early on in the investigations into my condition the doctors analysed my urine, stool and blood for parasites, infections from ticks etc so I don’t think lyme’s is a possibility.

I’ve suffered these episodes/symptoms for over 25years now and, although at first i was resistant to it, tend to agree with the immunologist’s diagnosis of stress-related - primarily sub-conscious as the most serious attacks tend to come on whilst i’m asleep!

Ok. But ur doc didn’t check you for Lyme am Lyme doesn’t live in the blood and tests have a huge failier rate

iw84aces - i will get in touch with the immunologist and ask him about the blood tests he did, and also obtain copies of test results. i am not ruling out any possibility but - after 26years of symptoms - tend to think it is probably chronic urticaria rather than lyme’s. thanks for the info about liver supplements.

Read this. Just something to think about. Dr. Mercola's Censored Library (Private Membership) | Dr. Joseph Mercola | Substack

iw84aces: " . . maybe I am looking at you this way cause I am being tested for it . . "

i can see how this would be, although i did read the stuff about lyme’s.

liver enzymes can be elevated from heavy training, as well as a whole range of other causes. i’ve been on antihistamines, usually in combination with other rx drugs, for over 25years now so that won’t help either i’m sure!

i waiting for some milk thistle seeds arriving and will see if they help. i am also going to request copies of all blood test and investigation results since i began suffering from urticaria.

otherwise i suppose it’s just a case of waiting for the thyroid re-test at beginning of september?

ksman: should i still take the occasional dose of iodine - sort of by way of “maintainence” - or just leave everything alone, and see what the sept retest result is?

thanks guys.

The milk thistle I take if a liquid which is from the seeds.

would you pay out of pocket for a abdominal ultrasound?

I found out I had nafld (fatty liver) this way

my plan of action over next couple of months will be to take some measures to try to improve liver readings and i will request those tests from dr in addition to thyroid retest. i will initially use ground milk thistle seeds, poss some 80% silymarin powder, and am also considering Essentiale Forte. if any values come back elevated i will request scan.

i am going to request copies of medical records, tests and investigations and review them myself to see what has actually been done in the past.

as regards the thyroid, i am just going to wait and see retest results.

thanks.

After IR, I take 6.25 mg every couple of weeks to keeps levels up. Nothing magic, everything is arbitrary. My age management doc wants me to take more…

latest test result

02/09/13

Serum TSH level 2.36miu/L (0.27-4.20)

so TSH has fallen back down to mid-range levels?
perhaps that HI reading was caused by IR? or the IR has caused an initial rise then fall?
not really sure what is going on here?!
my dr is satisfied with that reading and sees no need for any further investigation.