T Nation

IPod Touch - Broken Screen

So got my wife an iPod Touch for Christmas, and of course only a few months later, she’s managed to break the screen, or crack it. Actually it was my 4 year old son, but anyway…

I want to get it repaired and after doing a google search I see there are a bunch of places to repair them. I’m assuming this won’t be covered under a warrenty. I didn’t purchase anything additional to insure the iPod. Any one know anything about this or a reputable place to have it repaired? It still works, just the screen has a giant crack in it… Kinda like my X-Girlfriend…

Anyway… I’m a computer, IT Guy with an electronics back ground and could probably do this myself if I can get the parts cheap or reasonable… So any help on this will be greatly appreciated…

Thanks…

LJ

I’ve repaired a few iPod nano’s before now. I brought up a load of broken ones cheap from ebay and basically rebuild them.

I’m not sure about the touch though, maybe try getting a rip off version and using the screen off that. Try googling about repairing an ipod touch, see if you get any decent results (I mean home repair as opposed to repair companies).

Alternatively, contact Apple and ask if they have a standard 1 year manufacturers warrenty. Or can you claim it from your home insurance?

check w/ your credit card (if you bought it w/ that) and ask if they offer an extended warranty on items purchased with that card. it’s not something they typically advertise; but 90% of the time they offer a long ass warranty with things you buy w/ their card.