Ipod Opinions

I have around 110 GB of pure (mostly) death metal, what should I get?

[quote]detazathoth wrote:
I have around 110 GB of pure (mostly) death metal, what should I get?[/quote]

A new hobby?

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Dude - I am 40 some odd years old. The last thing I need is to be seen in public with earbuds jammed in my head.

I was fucking with you. I don’t care how cool it is, or isn’t. I gave up cool years ago.

I like the features of the touch. That is what I will buy.

Thanks for taking the bait hook, line, and sinker. [/quote]

You’re absolutely right, my fault for not picking up on your literal sarcasm. :frowning:

Let me go cut myself now.

Oh, and being 40+ has no bearing whatsoever on your need or lack there of of being seen as “cool.”

[quote]rainjack wrote:
detazathoth wrote:

A new hobby? [/quote]

Yes, if you really like music you’re an idiot and need all new hobbies… (did my sarcasm come through on that?)

[quote]rainjack wrote:
ss847859 wrote:
rainjack wrote:
ss847859 wrote:
I had one it broke for no apparent reason. I don’t really like ipods and after the Iphone commercials I probubly won’t buy another apple product ever. One commercial literally says its the greatest advancement in mankind and another one says you can’t live with out one. They’re overpriced and they just remind me of some useless thing a teenage girl would want just because all her friends have one.

I’ll let you know just how damn cool the touch is tomorrow. I can’t wait. I’m going to walk around the mall all day just faux-surfing, and making everyone jealous.

I can’t wait.

See again this is why I hate the ipods. Your not cool because you have an ipod touch. I have a cheap ass nokia phone that works and has never broken and I’m not jealous of all the fags that walk around on their iphones weighing in at 120lbs.

Seeing as your posting on T-Nation I don’t imagine you to be one of these guys…however its still gay to walk around simply to show off your new phone or ipod w/e. Leave it to the girls and the little guys that have no test, man your better then that.

Read my last post. You guys need to get out more. [/quote]

No you need to understand most ppl that do go out and buy this crap are the type of people that do exactly what you said but either way good one.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
detazathoth wrote:

A new hobby? [/quote]

That’s not necessarily that much if some of it’s lossless or whatnot. Because death metal suffers greatly from compression to MP3, you lose all those… um, and the…

I’d recommend full coverage headphones for the well-being of those around him.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
detazathoth wrote:

A new hobby? [/quote]

you know

you’re goddamn right old man

do you mind if i call you old man?

i guess it doesnt matter, it’s out of sheer mutual respect

cuz i can see that in your posts

i think ill get into tatooing

i think i want to start by getting a T-Nation tatoo on the back of my neck

oh wait…

</3

[quote]detazathoth wrote:
rainjack wrote:
detazathoth wrote:

A new hobby?

you know

you’re goddamn right old man

do you mind if i call you old man?

i guess it doesnt matter, it’s out of sheer mutual respect

cuz i can see that in your posts

i think ill get into tatooing

i think i want to start by getting a T-Nation tatoo on the back of my neck

oh wait…

</3[/quote]

Call me what you want.

You kids really need to learn to understand sarcasm.

Tell me what a tattoo has to do with anything.

If you are going to insult - at least make a decent effort at it. Certainly, that wasn’t the best you can do - or anywhere close. My 13 year-old daughter has a sharper wit than you, skippy.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Call me what you want.

You kids really need to learn to understand sarcasm.

Tell me what a tattoo has to do with anything.

If you are going to insult - at least make a decent effort at it. Certainly, that wasn’t the best you can do - or anywhere close. My 13 year-old daughter has a sharper wit than you, skippy.
[/quote]

Ok, I think I know what the problem is…

Rainjack doesn’t understand that sarcasm doesn’t come across well on a message board where no inflection is conveyed.

Maybe age is a factor.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
detazathoth wrote:

A new hobby? [/quote]

And a hearing aid in about 10 years.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
rainjack wrote:
detazathoth wrote:

A new hobby?

And a hearing aid in about 10 years.[/quote]

I hope you will let us know how that goes for you. Are you getting the big ones that put out that ear piercing scream, or are you getting the small ones that fit up inside?

I don’t think I will be getting any. I will finally have an excuse for ignoring people. Why fuck up a good thing?

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
rainjack wrote:
detazathoth wrote:

A new hobby?

I hope you will let us know how that goes for you. Are you getting the big ones that put out that ear piercing scream, or are you getting the small ones that fit up inside?

I don’t think I will be getting any. I will finally have an excuse for ignoring people. Why fuck up a good thing? [/quote]

you need an excuse to ignore people beyond “I dont want to listen to you”?

[quote]rainjack wrote:
I’m getting an iPod Touch on Wednesday. Coolest damn gadget ever.

[/quote]

I just got an Ipod touch for christmas! This thing is the best Ipod ever. It has internet, music, photos, and a special section just for watching youtube videos. There’s nothing that you can do on the computer that you can’t do on the Ipod touch. You can scroll up and down, on the webpage, zoom in on pictures that you have taken on it and its like that NFL tv its still clear when you zoom in. Also movie capabilities.

But if you want one just for music then forget this one. But if you want all that stuff mentioned above, get an Ipod touch. There’s nothing else like it. But you guys have your opinions so don’t just get it for music. I’m just enjoying my youthful years of new technology until I get older and new shit that boggles my mind goes out to younger kids. lol

really…nothing you can do on computer you can’t do on ipod touch??? can you copy and paste? lol. something tells me logging into websites probably takes longer. how about games? any point and click game might be difficult. point being-if i want a computer, i’ll use a laptop. not an ipod. for music and video, i’ll go with a zune, the video quality is better and i don’t have to use the damn itunes program. Best ipod ever i’d maybe agree with, but i don’t think ipods are superior to zunes in musical quality. The firmware and interface on zunes are much more interesting than on ipods. thats my rant

[quote]Stronghold wrote:
rainjack wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
rainjack wrote:
detazathoth wrote:

A new hobby?

I don’t think I will be getting any. I will finally have an excuse for ignoring people. Why fuck up a good thing?

you need an excuse to ignore people beyond “I dont want to listen to you”?[/quote]

You don’t have a wife, do you?

I got my touch yesterday. Whoever said the speed was like dial up was talking out of their ass.

It’s 802.11g - and it is just as fast as my wireless pc connection.

I can already tell, however, that the touch is more gimmick than substance. Surfing the web is fast, but clunky. I have to magnify the text too much, and then I get lost on the webpage.

The YouTube is cool as hell, as well as the photo gallery.

If I was a kid, I damn sure would not drop 300 bucks on it.

ANother thing - it gets greasy as hell, and that is very annoying.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Stronghold wrote:
rainjack wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
rainjack wrote:
detazathoth wrote:

A new hobby?

you need an excuse to ignore people beyond “I dont want to listen to you”?

You don’t have a wife, do you? [/quote]

You know, thats your first mistake.