T Nation

Ipod Fitness Apps & the Like

Hi guys, I got an ipod touch 8GB for my birthday (8/8/67). I have seen many was to use this hardware for workingout.

What do you use?

Which are the better apps for the video ipods to use as a fitness/workout tool?

app means for “me” program from itunes or other (if jailbroke), I’m looking for ref: to like fitphone but also pumpone, podfitness tools to make my itouch a trainer and/or a log etc.

music

what do u want to watch a movie on ur hip while squating?

Yeah… I don’t even waste my memory with pictures and videos. I have an 80 gig iPod and have it around half-full at this point.

Clearly my point has been missed…

[quote]Steve8867 wrote:
Clearly my point has been missed…

    [/quote]

Fit phone seems like a good one.

I think the OP is talking about the iPod case that straps around your arm. He’s looking for suggestions on which one works best. At least that’s what I got from the question.

Apps are programs that you can download from the iTunes store and load onto your iPod Touch or iPhone.

The action jacket for the ipod touch.

Fitcast

They had Berardi on episode 100.

It’s like a tamer version of this site’s nutrition thinktank, audio.

Are you talking about an application where you can enter in lift totals, etc.? That would be very useful

[quote]storey420 wrote:
Are you talking about an application where you can enter in lift totals, etc.? That would be very useful[/quote]

Fit phone lets you log weight and reps for a large list of lifts.

www.precisionnutrition.com/members/showthread.php?t=14130

[quote]ready wrote:
I think the OP is talking about the iPod case that straps around your arm. He’s looking for suggestions on which one works best. At least that’s what I got from the question.[/quote]

WRONG!
But thanks, I like otterbox.

[quote]msd0060 wrote:
Fitcast

They had Berardi on episode 100.

It’s like a tamer version of this site’s nutrition thinktank, audio.[/quote]

I love the fitcast, and some others.

[quote]BabyBuster wrote:
storey420 wrote:
Are you talking about an application where you can enter in lift totals, etc.? That would be very useful

Fit phone lets you log weight and reps for a large list of lifts.[/quote]

AND you can add exercises!

Well, not as many opinions as I thought there’d be…

Fitphone for the ipod touch & iphone is not too shabby.

Are there any others?

Awwww comeon!

[quote]Steve8867 wrote:
Awwww comeon!

[/quote]

I just got an iPod touch recently. It won’t be going with me to the gym.

[quote]Steve8867 wrote:
Awwww comeon!

[/quote]

its still really new technology and not many people know about the stuff on it yet.

I dont have one yet but will be looking into the aps and stuff when I do get one