IPhone 5

Im due to get a new phone.

Im not really up-to-date with technology.

Should I get the samsung or iPhone?

tweet

I’m starting a movement back to land lines. Who’s with me??

[quote]theBird wrote:
Im due to get a new phone.

Im not really up-to-date with technology.

Should I get the samsung or iPhone?

tweet[/quote]

Samsung all day.

[quote]sufiandy wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:
I’ve seen the Samsung Galaxy.

That thing is fucking huge, why the hell would anyone want a phone that big?[/quote]

Most of the time spent on these phones is not using it as a phone, so a better question is why would you want a non-phone that small?[/quote]

nice not to have an iPad in your pocket?

I like my iPhone the battery life is better than droid phones another phones I have had, I’m not a tech person so I can’t modify the operating system of a droid. I also like my IPad and having all my stuff in the cloud works for me don’t understand all the hate for apple it works great for me for work etc.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:

[quote]sufiandy wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

That thing is fucking huge, why the hell would anyone want a phone that big?[/quote]

Most of the time spent on these phones is not using it as a phone, so a better question is why would you want a non-phone that small?[/quote]

nice not to have an iPad in your pocket?[/quote]

Yeah that was the whole point. Who wants to carry that thing around in their pocket?

[quote]yolo84 wrote:

[quote]honest_lifter wrote:
Really? Anyone see a reason for an upgrade? This is as lazy as the iphone 4 to 4s upgrade…

[/quote]

what sort of things would have impressed you and tempted you to buy the new one if they were mentioned today?[/quote]

Great question.

To be perfectly honest, I don’t think I could fully answer that. I DO know that the Samsung Galaxy is amazing. It is fast, easy to navigate, and has a great screen. In addition it has a SD port as well as a universal connector (USB micro, I believe).

When I see a 4 inch screen, 400 dollars WITH contract to have 64GB of storage, no USB port, no SD port, and a completely new port which will require either new accessories, or adapters to make them work, it really makes the whole presentation very sub-par in my opinion. (sorry for the extremely long run-on sentence)

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
I like my iPhone the battery life is better than droid phones another phones I have had, I’m not a tech person so I can’t modify the operating system of a droid. I also like my IPad and having all my stuff in the cloud works for me don’t understand all the hate for apple it works great for me for work etc. [/quote]

I kind of get the Apple/iPhone hate. There are equally good phones on the market, yet most people just flock to the iPhone b/c it’s an Apple product. Or just so they can be part of the crowd.

I got an iPhone since it first came out, so Iit’s all I’ve known that’s why I stik with it, it does everything I need it to do. Though, could some other phone be slightly better? Maybe, but I can’t imagine it being that different.

and maybe it wouldn’t be so bad if i wasn’t an Apple product, but there’s people that love or really hate the company b/c their computers are 3x the price.

I have to agree 100% on Apple continuing its insistence on a proprietary connection adapter… Just fucking use a USB cable already, will you?

I’m not well versed on other top tier phones, what are they offering that the iPhone doesn’t in terms of features?

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]sufiandy wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

Yeah that was the whole point. Who wants to carry that thing around in their pocket?[/quote]

Maybe it depends on the size of your pockets. I can easily fit the largest phones in my pocket but the smallest tablets are too big. Technically I can fit a 7" tablet in my pocket but its awkward and not practical to carry around all the time.

[quote]sufiandy wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]sufiandy wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

Yeah that was the whole point. Who wants to carry that thing around in their pocket?[/quote]

Maybe it depends on the size of your pockets. I can easily fit the largest phones in my pocket but the smallest tablets are too big. Technically I can fit a 7" tablet in my pocket but its awkward and not practical to carry around all the time.[/quote]

1st, my comment was sarcastic, smaller phone equals better in the pcoket.

more importantly, how can you fit a large phone in your pocket when we all have trouble apparently finding jeans that fit our massive thighs :smiley:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
I like my iPhone the battery life is better than droid phones another phones I have had, I’m not a tech person so I can’t modify the operating system of a droid. I also like my IPad and having all my stuff in the cloud works for me don’t understand all the hate for apple it works great for me for work etc. [/quote]

I kind of get the Apple/iPhone hate. There are equally good phones on the market, yet most people just flock to the iPhone b/c it’s an Apple product. Or just so they can be part of the crowd.

I got an iPhone since it first came out, so Iit’s all I’ve known that’s why I stik with it, it does everything I need it to do. Though, could some other phone be slightly better? Maybe, but I can’t imagine it being that different.

and maybe it wouldn’t be so bad if i wasn’t an Apple product, but there’s people that love or really hate the company b/c their computers are 3x the price.

[/quote]
I’ll say this about Apple: These machines are fast and stable. For me, in the music industry, there is no other choice for recording. I had Sweetwater make me the most badass PC tower for audio only on Windows XP Pro. It never went on line, it was totally optimized for recording. It sucked in comparison to my MacBook Pro.
But, for the average user Windows is probably fine. I have iPhone 4S, for me a big improvement over a Blackberry. Those Driod phones seem really big and bulky, but I’m not watching videos and playing games on my phone.

[quote]sufiandy wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]sufiandy wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

Maybe it depends on the size of your pockets. I can easily fit the largest phones in my pocket but the smallest tablets are too big. Technically I can fit a 7" tablet in my pocket but its awkward and not practical to carry around all the time.[/quote]

1st, my comment was sarcastic, smaller phone equals better in the pcoket.

more importantly, how can you fit a large phone in your pocket when we all have trouble apparently finding jeans that fit our massive thighs :D[/quote]

You do know that real bodybuilders carry a fanny pack for their extra food, so if your legs are that huge just put the phone there. Or if your really hardcore just carry a gym bag around at all times, it will fit both your tub of protein powder and huge cell phone with room to spare.

[quote]LoRez wrote:

[quote]kakno wrote:
Meh. Nokia 920 was much more interesting and actually brought something new to the table. [/quote]

Like what? (Genuine question. I looked at the product website, and I see nothing special.)[/quote]
First phone with optical image stabilization, wireless charging and a screen with higher resolution than all phones except the first Galaxy Note, which is huge. And still real offline maps included.

iPhone? A few more pixels, not where they were needed, and a new cable.

Weeeee, new phones!!! I’ve been using the same cracked HTC phone for over a year. Phones are worse investments than automobiles. And if you want to get it not for full price, you have to sign a contract.

[quote]StevenF wrote:
I’m starting a movement back to land lines. Who’s with me?? [/quote]

Of course cell phones are convenient…you have the ability to talk to anyone, anywhere…but I do think the conevenience is overstated.

Most times people are talking on the phone, it’s nowhere near an emergency. Sometimes you hear someone on the phone: “Hi…where are you? Oh, two stops away? Ok…yeah…I’m already at the Starbucks we agreed to meet at…cool…see you in 2 minutes!”

I do miss when I was 18 and would go out to drink with buddies and mom and dad were your secretary…you’d be out…call home on a pay phone, dad would tell you Dave called or some shit and that he’ll be 20 minutes late…no big deal as we’re at the bar we agreed on anyway.

I cant believe its not even 4g yet?! definitely not worth the hassle…

[quote]cstratton2 wrote:
I cant believe its not even 4g yet?! definitely not worth the hassle… [/quote]

again, am I missing something? my 4S has 4G

Fuck iphones.

[quote]i_am_ketosis wrote:
Fuck iphones.[/quote]

Basically…yeah. I was trying not to put too fine a point on it.