IPhone 5

Really? Anyone see a reason for an upgrade? This is as lazy as the iphone 4 to 4s upgrade…

Probably because there are tons of people out there who will just have to have the new one and the company knows this haha.

Just in time for the Holiday season. Good play Apple. Good play.

I have an iphone…just a 4. I have no intention of going to the iPhone 5 and only will go to the iphone 4s if some gives it to me.

This is the best apple can do? If this is all Samsung has nothing to worry about…especially since Samsung is reportedly sueing Apple over LTE usage. http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-57510080-37/samsung-will-reportedly-sue-apple-over-lte-use-on-iphone-5/

I don’t see anything special …just another apple money grab

Well, the ability to support 4G networks is the main plus on this one. If you’ve ever experienced the difference between 3G and E[dge], this will make 3G seem slow.

Also: bigger screen/better resolution/better camera/faster processor. Stuff I don’t care too much about. The bigger screen should help with ebooks.

The faster data speed means this will probably be an upgrade for me (from the 3G… never saw the need for a 4).

Jobs and his passion are gone. Apple is just another tech corp.

Oh, and 4G is awesome. If the new phone allows 4G access over previous models, it is worth it.

[quote]honest_lifter wrote:
Really? Anyone see a reason for an upgrade? This is as lazy as the iphone 4 to 4s upgrade…

[/quote]

what sort of things would have impressed you and tempted you to buy the new one if they were mentioned today?

Meh. Nokia 920 was much more interesting and actually brought something new to the table.

[quote]kakno wrote:
Meh. Nokia 920 was much more interesting and actually brought something new to the table. [/quote]

Like what? (Genuine question. I looked at the product website, and I see nothing special.)

What were you expecting?

By and large advances in technology are incremental, NOT revolutionary changes. Aside from a couple of ease-of-use features and the cameras the iPhone is basically the same phone it always has been… Just faster, smaller, and with a better resolution.

Every new iPhone has added a few things to the line up… Just like this one has. Anyone expecting a completely new and revolutionary phone doesn’t understand the way things work, or is completely ignoring the evolution of the phone line up.

With the exception of the die-hard apple fans, the people who will be buying this phone are NOT people that already have iPhone 4 and 4s models. It will be people without a smart phone, new phone purchasers, iPhone 3g/3gs owners, etc…

I think its a big improvement especially the screen and the 4G but also the dimensions.

The 4 to 4s upgrade was a joke but at least its a decent step forward.

Apple could release a new iphone or ipad every 3 months and still sell out.

People’s need to conform and have the latest gadget will always out do their sense or logic.

Apple is huge. They make shiny pretty things that people believe they can’t live without. GENIUS

I have samsung btw, fuck apple.

I liked my Motorola Startac…

[quote]CargoCapable wrote:
Oh, and 4G is awesome. If the new phone allows 4G access over previous models, it is worth it.[/quote]

4S has 4G

Anyone looking for some pretty pictures of the 3 new products (iPhone 5, new iPod Touch and iPod nano): Hands-on with the new iPhone 5, iPod touch, and iPod nano | Ars Technica

Very fitting

I’ve seen the Samsung Galaxy.

That thing is fucking huge, why the hell would anyone want a phone that big?

[quote]therajraj wrote:
I’ve seen the Samsung Galaxy.

That thing is fucking huge, why the hell would anyone want a phone that big?[/quote]

Most of the time spent on these phones is not using it as a phone, so a better question is why would you want a non-phone that small?