IPhone 4!

[quote]strungoutboy21 wrote:

[quote]The Ronin wrote:

Hmm… I have had each model of Iphone from release day until the next one has been released, and I have never dropped a call. I will say however that without a bluetooth headset the Iphone is the worst PHONE I have ever used. It’s just a good thing I don’t like talking to people.

[/quote]
My brother has an iphone and his calls get dropped so frequently. Everytime i talk to him it hangs up at least a couple of times through a good conversation. [/quote]

Wow, that does suck. I have heard this complaint quite frequently. I should consider myself lucky then. My calls are generally short (less than 10-15 minutes). Maybe that has something to do with it. Also, once I went 3g I was able to get much improved signal strength in my area.

[quote]PB Andy wrote:

[quote]Ronsauce wrote:

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
But will it be better than the HTC 4G EVO??[/quote]

Unlikely. But it’s Apple, right, so people don’t care.[/quote]
Best post ever. Thank you. I hate when someone say an iPhone is better than the new HTC Incredible. Whoever says that is an ignorant douchey-little Apple fan boy who doesn’t know shit.[/quote]

hahahah sucking hard on that HTC nuts huh. It’s cool. My iPhone is cool droped this motherfuckef dozen times no ghey protector either so I’m cool wth mine. I’ll check to see if the new one will add to my bill but I do want that cool looking phone!

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[quote]SickAbs wrote:

[quote]inkaddict wrote:
I’m pissed they’re not bringing it to Verizon yet. Otherwise, I’d be all over it[/quote]

Someone told me this one would be coming to verizon too. Maybe he lied :([/quote]

It will… eventually. No one knows when yet. [/quote]

Apple is in a 5 year contract with AT&T till 2012, so it’ll be a long wait.

I own a 3G, and it’s the last iPhone I’ll be buying until they sort a lot of their policies out.

The new phone looks really nice, but fuck Apple. Seriously, these features should’ve been on the last revision, if not the one before that. They always hold back on features and while many will argue that’s what all manufacturers do, yes - but some simple things which are STILL missing there is just no excuse for. And since they continue to do this and make choices for their users, I will not be using any of their products if I can help it.

There are better phones out there still, they may not look as nice but you have way more control over the device.

Wow we can multitask now! Really? Only now huh?

Also, video calling: FaceTime? LOL! Video calling has been in Europe for what, 5 years? It sucks! Maybe it’ll catch on now with Apple’s marketing, I still think it’s a shitty gimmick.

[quote]jahall wrote:

[quote]Ronsauce wrote:

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:

Hit nail on the head here. I guess for the general user the iPhone is amazing compared to most phones. But why buy a locked down version of a phone when you can get a phone you can do whatever you want with.

I know this isn’t exactly a fair comparison, but Android > iPhone.

Now if AT&T would just come out with a decent android phone i’d be happy.[/quote]

Apple is all marketing, and people eat that shit up. I mean they’re calling the new higher res screen “retina display”. Seriously? What a joke.

Apple has a good OS and looks great, but with that tyrant Jobs keeping it a closed ecosystem we’ll see how far they get once you have some developed competitors in the market again.

Android is young, but is growing in leaps and bounds. The UI on their phones isn’t great although the functionality is fantastic - once they put the 2 together you will have a serious piece of kit. Since they’ve recently hired the guy who developed the WebOS for Palm (arguably still the best mobile OS EVER) I think you can expect to see some impressive things from them soon.

Last of all, many people have forgotten about Microsoft. WinPhone7 looks amazing, and if you want to talk about thinking outside the box, then have a look at this: http://www.windowsphone7.com/

HTC is making some serious hardware, and the rumour is that WinPhone7 will sport a 1.5GHZ Snapdragon - the HTC EVO has a 1GHZ GPU for comparison. They only thing they need to address now is battery life - when they do, you’ll have an all around winner.

If you use Windows and own an Xbox, all of Microsofts devices will work together and sync all the time. People love to make fun of them and yes, they have made some major fuckups, but have a look at the new Office 2010 (2011 for Mac), Windows 7 and Live Essentials and you’ll realise they are cleaning up their act.

/rant

[quote]josh86 wrote:
Contract renewal in July. Def getting it - love my 3g, can’t wait to have a faster one with video and all kinds of other shit. [/quote]

Same here…

How much hassle will it be to transfer everything (apps, contacts, etc.)from old phone to new one?

[quote]strungoutboy21 wrote:

[quote]The Ronin wrote:

Hmm… I have had each model of Iphone from release day until the next one has been released, and I have never dropped a call. I will say however that without a bluetooth headset the Iphone is the worst PHONE I have ever used. It’s just a good thing I don’t like talking to people.

[/quote]
My brother has an iphone and his calls get dropped so frequently. Everytime i talk to him it hangs up at least a couple of times through a good conversation. [/quote]

I drop calls all the damn time. I thought I heard it had somethign to do with the network in the DC area not being able to support the influx of users.

If I call a buddy of mine after work, around 6 or so, I have to redial him 2-3 times for a 10-20min conversation.

EDIT: I should say, I don’t really have much interest in the new one. Not because of the drop issue but because I have no need for half the shit this one does. I only got this because I like the way texts are handled like a conversation rather than msg by msg. If this one had video capabilities other than the 15sec app I woudl be very happy with it.

[quote]RSGZ wrote:

[quote]jahall wrote:

[quote]Ronsauce wrote:

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:

Hit nail on the head here. I guess for the general user the iPhone is amazing compared to most phones. But why buy a locked down version of a phone when you can get a phone you can do whatever you want with.

I know this isn’t exactly a fair comparison, but Android > iPhone.

Now if AT&T would just come out with a decent android phone i’d be happy.[/quote]

Apple is all marketing, and people eat that shit up. I mean they’re calling the new higher res screen “retina display”. Seriously? What a joke.

Apple has a good OS and looks great, but with that tyrant Jobs keeping it a closed ecosystem we’ll see how far they get once you have some developed competitors in the market again.

Android is young, but is growing in leaps and bounds. The UI on their phones isn’t great although the functionality is fantastic - once they put the 2 together you will have a serious piece of kit. Since they’ve recently hired the guy who developed the WebOS for Palm (arguably still the best mobile OS EVER) I think you can expect to see some impressive things from them soon.

Last of all, many people have forgotten about Microsoft. WinPhone7 looks amazing, and if you want to talk about thinking outside the box, then have a look at this: http://www.windowsphone7.com/

HTC is making some serious hardware, and the rumour is that WinPhone7 will sport a 1.5GHZ Snapdragon - the HTC EVO has a 1GHZ GPU for comparison. They only thing they need to address now is battery life - when they do, you’ll have an all around winner.

If you use Windows and own an Xbox, all of Microsofts devices will work together and sync all the time. People love to make fun of them and yes, they have made some major fuckups, but have a look at the new Office 2010 (2011 for Mac), Windows 7 and Live Essentials and you’ll realise they are cleaning up their act.

/rant[/quote]

I still don’t know about Windows Mobile 7, have you tried it? Last time Windows released an Mobile OS it sucked dinosaur balls.

EDIT: Just realized it hasn’t been released. My comment about the previous version still stands though.

[quote]Geddan wrote:
I still don’t know about Windows Mobile 7, have you tried it? Last time Windows released an Mobile OS it sucked dinosaur balls.[/quote]

True, but the same could be said for Vista. Going by their latest releases things are looking up. WinOS7 looks good so far (from the hands on videos I’ve seen, as well as concept), and as long as the hardware is solid too, I think it’s going to be a great device.

It has to be, Microsoft is so late to the new-age mobile market it’s ridiculous - I think they’re 5th down the list of most popular.

[quote]four60 wrote:hahahah sucking hard on that HTC nuts huh. It’s cool.
[/quote]
I’m not. My phone is a shitty Samsung my boss gave me for work. I’m definitely not a fan of Apple though.

I think that’s what goes through most Apple fans’ minds whenever Apple releases something new…regardless of (the lack of)features, price, or any actual need for the item.