IPF Worlds

3 things:

1. Viking69, I don’t know what prompted your little tirade but I personally want to thank you because in all the years I have watched internet forums I have never heard the point of view you just so eloquently stated.

In other words, no shit Sherlock.

1. Mr. James, I probably am wound a little tight right now. If you knew me you would understand that if I like and respect you, I will defend you. I have found Siders to be a pretty damn good guy.

Bottom line is that something on my body is strained damn near every day of my life right now. It is just a fact of life in this sport. Especially when you round 30.

I can assure you an oblique strain would not have kept Siders off the platform. It was clearly something much more serious.

1. I was not responding in defense of the IPF being drug free. I quit believeing in the Tooth Fairy a long time ago. I was responding to the passing on of a shitty little chicken shit rumor.

That’s all I have to offer to this thread.

I would sincerely like to apologise for suggesting Mr.Sider of drug use; I do not personally know him and I have no right to make such accusations.

On the other hand, I would hope anyone who believed IPF is drug free to kick themselves or forward your address to me so I can do it.

Being open about what you do is what matters the most,

Fahd

[quote]Viking69 wrote:
Mariuz Pudahowthefuckyouspellit(#1 Strongman tody, and incredible, BUT…)failed recent IFSA drug test.
[/quote]

Um… that wasn’t for steroids. He tested positive for recreational drug use (I forget which, I think cocaine, but I’m not positive) which is on the IFSA list of banned substances for obvious reasons. He’s too smart to get caught for juice.

-Dan

[quote]firebug9 wrote:
Viking69 wrote:

Yes everyone should train drug free.

Coan does not lift anylonger with an IPF affiliated federation.

And just what do you know of the drug testing policies of the IPF or any other powerlifting federation such as the USAPL?

Being a member of the USAPL and having lifted at IPF world meets I can tell you that the USA takes drug testing and use very serious. If I am lucky enought to make a world team then I must have an out of meet test conducted - at my expense. I have no knowledge of when the test will be - they just send someone to my house, job or a meet I might be working at to test me. Kinda hard to cheat wouldn’t you say. The test are observed - no going behind closed doors so you can switch stuff around.

Maybe the elite lifters dont handle high volumes or poundages all the time - ever think of that? Most of the lifters I know cycle their workouts, just like most lifters should.

Maybe before you make accusations you should do your homework first?

Malinda

[/quote]

“Yes everyone should train drug free.”

That is your opionon, my point was the average lifter has to realize the athelets he idolizes and tries to imitate(training wise) are on steroids. End of story.

I have lifted in the USAPL, IPF, and APF. I have totaled elite. I have judged also. Homework done. I am just getting back into powerlifting recently to do it all again after a seven year break from heavy lifting.

I am very aware of rules and how to break them. Its not that hard fortunately or unfortunately.

[quote]buffalokilla wrote:
Viking69 wrote:
Mariuz Pudahowthefuckyouspellit(#1 Strongman tody, and incredible, BUT…)failed recent IFSA drug test.

Um… that wasn’t for steroids. He tested positive for recreational drug use (I forget which, I think cocaine, but I’m not positive) which is on the IFSA list of banned substances for obvious reasons. He’s too smart to get caught for juice.

-Dan[/quote]

True, but if you do a line or two you can load the hell out of some stones. And doesnt cocaine clear the system in like 24-48hrs? How the hell did he get caught for that?

He is so clever not to get caught with juice but so dumb he got caught with a recreaional drug with 24 hr clearance.

Pudz tested positive for coke. Keep it on the easy side. If you compete where you know the testing is loose, then assume that most guys/ladies will be on. If you compete in the “natural” federations then assume that at least 1/4 will be on something. Bottom line is get in and compete. Put up your #'s and see where they land. Control that which is controllable and deal with the rest. If you took steroids away, the elite would still be elite. Steroids are a factor and add to the poundages, but so does training, knowledge, intensity, and the balls to dig down and lift beyond your capabilities.

If you don’t look at Pudz and his performances and think he’s on, you’re brain dead. Whether he got caught or not is just he-said she-said political bullshit.

If you think Siders has a heavy training load take a look at Pudz’s some time. It makes Smolov seem like HIT.

[quote]firebug9 wrote:
Viking69 wrote:
Oh F%#^ING bulls&t!

If you think for one second that any of the top lifters(PL and OLY)or strongmen are drug free than you are FN’ crazy.

This is the problem with 99% of the failures on this entire website.

People really believe they can lift like so and so, because he is in the IPF(and drug free)or the World Weightlifting Federation champ, or he claims to be a drug free strongman.

Guess what, these elite lifters can handle the amount of volume and weights they can handle because they are jacked almost year round.

Guess what else, you cant handle that workload naturally.

Now I admit they would be stronger than you naturally, because they are gifted, but not with the intensity and volume they train at.

And if you use a lot of drugs it doesnt mean you will ever get close to their level… that is why they are elite.

Lets look at a list.

Ed Coan(greatest PL’r ever and my FN’ hero, BUT…) failed several drug test.

Dimas(greatest Oly lifter at his weight ever and FN’ awesome, BUT…)currently banned from competition.

These are the top guys people, get real!

One in 100 million people can actually squat 900lbs without drugs or achieve what these atheletes have acheived, if anyone.

Maybe Brian siders is that one guy who has the potential, and actually found a weight room. You decided.

Now, godd%^#*t, i want to see Jacked baseball players who hit 70+ homeruns, guys squatting 1000+, and 165lb Oly lifters C&Jing 400lbs … but what I dont want to see is Joe Nobody who is drug free thinking he can train like them because they are “drugfree”. Then he fails again and again trying to do a workout he read on “JackedPolishStrongman.org” or “IPF-supervolume-drugfree/ secretlyjacked-guy-workout.com

Joe Nobody needs to learn to train the drug free way if that is the path he/she choses.

And just what do you know of the drug testing policies of the IPF or any other powerlifting federation such as the USAPL?

Being a member of the USAPL and having lifted at IPF world meets I can tell you that the USA takes drug testing and use very serious. If I am lucky enought to make a world team then I must have an out of meet test conducted - at my expense. I have no knowledge of when the test will be - they just send someone to my house, job or a meet I might be working at to test me. Kinda hard to cheat wouldn’t you say. The test are observed - no going behind closed doors so you can switch stuff around.

Maybe the elite lifters dont handle high volumes or poundages all the time - ever think of that? Most of the lifters I know cycle their workouts, just like most lifters should.

Malinda

[/quote]

thats a laugh. i had lifters go to the USAPL national bench meet a few years ago and they watched lifters get their handlers to take the drug test for them. the lifters pulling these kind of stunts were not 3rd and 4th place finishers, but division and best lifter caliber guys. the usapl is no different than any other business or non profit. they want to put on the best show and get the most people to pay attention to them. USAPL and the IPF are far from spotless.

[quote]AZ CSCS wrote:
firebug9 wrote:
Viking69 wrote:
Oh F%#^ING bulls&t!

If you think for one second that any of the top lifters(PL and OLY)or strongmen are drug free than you are FN’ crazy.

This is the problem with 99% of the failures on this entire website.

People really believe they can lift like so and so, because he is in the IPF(and drug free)or the World Weightlifting Federation champ, or he claims to be a drug free strongman.

Guess what, these elite lifters can handle the amount of volume and weights they can handle because they are jacked almost year round.

Guess what else, you cant handle that workload naturally.

Now I admit they would be stronger than you naturally, because they are gifted, but not with the intensity and volume they train at.

And if you use a lot of drugs it doesnt mean you will ever get close to their level… that is why they are elite.

Lets look at a list.

Ed Coan(greatest PL’r ever and my FN’ hero, BUT…) failed several drug test.

Dimas(greatest Oly lifter at his weight ever and FN’ awesome, BUT…)currently banned from competition.

These are the top guys people, get real!

One in 100 million people can actually squat 900lbs without drugs or achieve what these atheletes have acheived, if anyone.

Maybe Brian siders is that one guy who has the potential, and actually found a weight room. You decided.

Now, godd%^#*t, i want to see Jacked baseball players who hit 70+ homeruns, guys squatting 1000+, and 165lb Oly lifters C&Jing 400lbs … but what I dont want to see is Joe Nobody who is drug free thinking he can train like them because they are “drugfree”. Then he fails again and again trying to do a workout he read on “JackedPolishStrongman.org” or “IPF-supervolume-drugfree/ secretlyjacked-guy-workout.com

Joe Nobody needs to learn to train the drug free way if that is the path he/she choses.

Malinda

thats a laugh. i had lifters go to the USAPL national bench meet a few years ago and they watched lifters get their handlers to take the drug test for them. the lifters pulling these kind of stunts were not 3rd and 4th place finishers, but division and best lifter caliber guys. the usapl is no different than any other business or non profit. they want to put on the best show and get the most people to pay attention to them. USAPL and the IPF are far from spotless.[/quote]

Never said that either was spotless - if it were drug testing would not be necessary. No sport is a bastion of honesty. But I do not think that it is a sea of cheaters either. True a lifter might get away with “using” once or twice, but I truely believe that eventually they will be caught - they are lifting on borrowed time. Just my opinion. But I have seen it several times.

Malinda

how come all the people who claim out of thin air that they know exactly which people are using, and which people cheating etc, never actually are willing to give names, and/or dates.

are they trying to protect themselves? or just talking out of thier asses?

[quote]buffalokilla wrote:
Viking69 wrote:

-Dan[/quote]

I’m pretty sure they don’t test for steroids in WSM. If they do it’s gotta be pretty fucking token. They test for recreational drugs cuz it would look really bad if your supposed bastion of strength dropped dead of a heart attack/drug OD on national TV.

[quote]cycomiko wrote:
how come all the people who claim out of thin air that they know exactly which people are using, and which people cheating etc, never actually are willing to give names, and/or dates.

are they trying to protect themselves? or just talking out of thier asses?[/quote]

Oh because then they would be putting their sources in Jeopardy or some other BS. If you can’t back up a rumor, it’s just that, a rumor.

My secret sources say that Tiger Woods is on Tren RIGHT NOW. I don’t want to say how I know this, but trust me.