IPF World Record Squat

Too bad you can’t judge depth from the front. Yes…sarcasm.

Awesome. Simply awesome.

[quote]MytchBucanan wrote:

[quote]MightyMouse17 wrote:
I like how he doesn’t go bat shit crazy afterwards. And he probably deserved to do that more than anyone.[/quote]

X2…I get so sick of seeing that. [/quote]

You mean like this guy?

That 1047 squat, walked out and to depth, is a massive thing to behold.

[quote]ahnz wrote:

I guess this could be called raw. It’s from 2011 though, just 21 years old here. 315kg superraw ATG![/quote]

first the russians in rocky 4, now the norwegians! god damn science experiments!

crazy lift, much respect, we’re the same age, I have a lot of catching up to do!

Fred Hatfield did his 1000+ squats in similar fashion in the 1980s in his 40s. Sky is the limit for this kid at only 23 years of age.

How nice to see one of these heavier records actually hit great depth. Generally see that in the lower weight classes, but hardly ever in the higher ones. Hoff’s squat depth is absolutely pathetic compared to this one.

I wonder how the Westside crowd is reacting. BTW, is that a hybrid bar placement he’s using?

Unreal!!!

[quote]DmitryKlokovFan wrote:
I wonder how the Westside crowd is reacting. BTW, is that a hybrid bar placement he’s using?[/quote]

Yes. In the IPF you mostly see hybrid/high bar squats.

nothing in question there!! damn strong

[quote]ahnz wrote:

[quote]DmitryKlokovFan wrote:
I wonder how the Westside crowd is reacting. BTW, is that a hybrid bar placement he’s using?[/quote]

Yes. In the IPF you mostly see hybrid/high bar squats.[/quote]

Probably has something to do with hitting the depth that you only see in the IPF consistently… Not saying impossible to hit good depth low bar, but I mean the results of the best lifters in the world that actually hit depth speak for themselves…

:slight_smile:

Seriously the more I think about this, the more I realize this is the most impressive squat I’ve ever seen. Actually hitting depth. Well done!