IPF powerlifter, sr 93kg class

[quote]VikingStrong wrote:

[quote]trav123456 wrote:

[quote]trav123456 wrote:
Wow that’s great progress! What’s your diet like?[/quote]

When focusing on fatloss, i have "carb"meals twice a day on trianing days. This consists of oatmeal for breakfast and gainer after training. The other meals consists of egg, chicken, beef, or fish with much vegetable. Or i can eat crackers with loads of ham, fish, egg or something. I also use several protein shakes than i do now… I have never counted kcal, but eat on feeling, since every day is different from each other. Now i eat much more carbs, but my weight keeps stabile just above 90kg. Anyway, i try to eat smart every single day, so the meals have a meaning… I always think about what kind of nutrition i need for this particular meal. Of course i eat pizza, ice cream, chocolate or something when i want to, but that is not so often, so it doesn’t matter :slight_smile:
In training, i only do more cardio when loosing weight. The strength training remains the same. I have also done Smolov squat on diet, that was fun :wink:

How is your diet going? Would be fun to see some pics of your progress in your log :slight_smile: [/quote]

Smolov on a diet? That’s crazy! My diet is going alright so far, down a little under 10 lbs. Maybe I’ll put some pics u, though they aren’t going to be pretty atm haha, guess that’s the point though.[/quote]

Norwegians are crazy hehe :slight_smile: But so many things in life is doable, if you just put your mind to it… :slight_smile:
Looking forward to see your progress! Would be interesting if you post changes in fat&, abdominal measurement, strength and of course pics…[/quote]

Got some pics up, I clipped myself at 16% at the beginning but I don’t really know how to do that properly so I wouldn’t put any stock that number.

Squat w/stop
3x115kgx6
Bench press w/stop feet up
110x5
5cm board
130x5
10cm
135x5
from pins
155x5
Deadlift standing on box
160x5
Push press and chins 3x superset

Felt great today. Gonna do my last 5’s in the bench tomorrow, then move over to 3’s. Everything felt tight and easy.

Try to get to the armwrestling in the evening.

Squat
115x6 - 125x5 - 135x4 - 145x3 - 155x2
117,5x5
5cm board
132,5x5
10cm
137,5x5
from pins
157,5x5
Power clean
5x5 wave loading 100-105kg
Seated row w/hold and push ups in straps, 2x10 superset

Squat felt good. Last day on 5’s in the bench. A bit close to failure so it’s time to change to triples before going on to singles.

Are there any descent raw benchers on the forum? Anybody know? :slight_smile: Would be fun to follow their log.

By the way, i delivered my Superkatana 48 to sew the arms smaller, will try it in the weekend. Now it’s a supercustom katana :slight_smile:

Are there any descent raw benchers on the forum? Anybody know? :slight_smile: Would be fun to follow their log. [/quote]

maraudermeat is a 500+ raw bencher in the over 35 forum

here’s a link

[quote]trav123456 wrote:

Are there any descent raw benchers on the forum? Anybody know? :slight_smile: Would be fun to follow their log. [/quote]

maraudermeat is a 500+ raw bencher in the over 35 forum

here’s a link

Thanks mate! Gonna look through his log :slight_smile:

Assistance work in circuits for almost the whole body, consisting of:
Some isolation work for the legs, chest and shoulders, arms and abs.

Shot a couple of pics at the end of the workout…

[photo]31911[/photo]

[photo]31912[/photo]

Front squat
3x3 at 110kg
120x3
Bench press 5cm board
135x3
10cm board
140x3
from pins
160x3
Deadlift speed w/orange bands
135x3 for 6 sets
Pushpress and chins in straps, 3x superset

Everything felt easy today.

Squat 3/4
130x6 → 115x4 x3 sets
Bench press feet up (touch and go, to save the shoulders)
122,5x3
5cm board
137,5x3
10cm board
142,5x3
from pins
162,5x3
Circuit with:
Power clean 3x3 at 70kg
Push press 70x5 x2 sets
Pull ups in ropes 2x (for better grip)
Abs 5x

Squat felt terrible, hate doing reps…
Bench press and assist felt really good though :slight_smile:

I feel great today! :slight_smile:
Started the day with my monthly massage, painful but healthy… :slight_smile:
Later on i hit the gym i did:

Bench press with my custom Superkatana
150x2
170x2 the shirt felt so much better after sewing the arms
180x1
190x1 the only rep going to the chest. Light weight, explosive up! Felt great…
170x3
Assistance work for bench and armwrestling, consisting of shoulder excercises, arms/grip and abs.

Gonna post a video from different workouts later on.
Rest tommorow, just some cardio, and then i’m ready for a new week on monday morning :slight_smile:

Heres a video from a raw, open meet for some months ago, and various training lately…

Squat 3/4
120x6 → 105x4
Bench press feet up
125x3
5 cm board
140x3
10cm board
145x3
from pins
165x3
Deadlift reverse bands, pins on number 3
265x3
No time for assistance work, spent to much time finding a way to set up the deadlift…

Squat felt errible as always, hate squat, and hate reps… Argh…Gotta stay positive…
Bench press felt good, gonna do the last day of triples tomorrow, then move down on singles.
Deadlift was stressful, had to find a set ut that worked before heading for work. But it felt really good doing it with reverse band. My plan is to move the pins one down every workout as progression.

14.03.11 - evening

Armwrestling

Squat
115x6 - 125x5 - 135x4 - 145x3 - 155x2
Bench press feet up
127,5x3
5cm board
142,5x3
10cm
147,5x3
from pins
167,5x3
Power rowing without belt
4x6 @85kg
2x superset with push ups in straps and seated row with hold

Last day of triples in the bench. Starting on singles on thursday. Meet next saturday, lifting with shirt :slight_smile:
Felt tired today, out of breath… Hope i’m not getting the cold or something :confused:
Tomorrow is assist day, so that will be easier…

Cool video! I’m thinking or doing an unequipped meet this summer if I can fit one in.

What’s your training philosophy? It looks like you do a version of total body training?

[quote]trav123456 wrote:
Cool video! I’m thinking or doing an unequipped meet this summer if I can fit one in.

What’s your training philosophy? It looks like you do a version of total body training?[/quote]

Thanks mate! :slight_smile:
Hope you’ll be able to do a meet. At least for me, it gives my training a boost and it’s so fun to lift on meets, even though we don’t get the numbers we want every time…

Yeah i believe on frequency. If i do volume training, maybe only one day in the week consist of real volume, but i try to do a movement for every power lift on each session.
I always think powerlifting, so i do squat - bench - deadlift, then assistance. As you can see, some days consist of a type of squat, a type of bench and then a movement to increase my deadlift, like power clean or rowing.
I believe strongly in doing some kind of the movements every day.
But because of my work and study schedule, i do my strength training early in the morning for the moment. That’s why i have one assistance day in the middle of the week, because i only manage 1h15m of training in the morning, from 6.30am :slight_smile: The weekend workout is a bonus day, that i will do if i’ve got the opportunity.
But of course, when doing a high frequency routine, it’s critical that we never push to failure in any main movement! That will ruin the rest of the week…
I also try to be explosive and not spend to much energy on the eccentric phase of the lift. Even though i have never been a fast squatter and bencher, at least i try to be explosive.
I can write for ages about my experience and theory, but coach T and Chad W. are a huge inspiration and guideline, as well as russian and norwegian powerlifting philosofy.
When being a drug free athlete, we have to be extra smart about training and nutrition :wink:

My intensive assistance session, consisting of the following circuits:
A1 - One legged leg press 5x10
A2 - Hyperextension w/weight 5x10
A3 - Calves 5x15
B1 - Farmers walk with dumbbells. Ramping up to 2 sets @60kg for about 30meters
C1 - Circus dumbbell ramping up to 35kg for fives on each side
D1 - Upright rows 3x10
D2 - Shrugs 3x10
D3 - Side raises 3x10
E1 - Hammer curl 3x10
E2 - Triceps with dumbbell 3x10
E3 - Wrist curl 2x

And that concludes my assistday…
Felt much better today than yesterday, enjoying the fun of doing other kinds of movements and feeling some pump hehe =)

[quote]trav123456 wrote:

What’s your training philosophy? It looks like you do a version of total body training?[/quote]

Hope you’ll be able to do a meet. At least for me, it gives my training a boost and it’s so fun to lift on meets, even though we don’t get the numbers we want every time…

Yeah i believe on frequency. If i do volume training, maybe only one day in the week consist of real volume, but i try to do a movement for every power lift on each session.
I always think powerlifting, so i do squat - bench - deadlift, then assistance. As you can see, some days consist of a type of squat, a type of bench and then a movement to increase my deadlift, like power clean or rowing.
But because of my work and study schedule, i do my strength training early in the morning for the moment. That’s why i have one assistance day in the middle of the week, because i only manage 1h15m of training in the morning, from 6.30am :slight_smile: The weekend workout is a bonus day, that i will do if i’ve got the opportunity.
But of course, when doing a high frequency routine, it’s critical that we never push to failure in any main movement! That will ruin the rest of the week…
I also try to be explosive and not spend to much energy on the eccentric phase of the lift. Even though i have never been a fast squatter and bencher, at least i try to be explosive.
I can write for ages about my experience and theory, but coach T and Chad W. are a huge inspiration and guideline, as well as russian and norwegian powerlifting philosofy.
When being a drug free athlete, we have to be extra smart about training and nutrition :wink:
[/quote]

Yeah I’m looking for a meet for my friend and I this summer, hopefully we won’t have to travel much to get there.

Your training philosophy definitely makes sense to me. Do you plan PR attempts? Or do you wait until you feel good during training and then go for one?

[quote]trav123456 wrote:

[quote]trav123456 wrote:

[/quote]

Yeah I’m looking for a meet for my friend and I this summer, hopefully we won’t have to travel much to get there.

Your training philosophy definitely makes sense to me. Do you plan PR attempts? Or do you wait until you feel good during training and then go for one?[/quote]

I guess we can discuss training philosophy for ages hehe :slight_smile: Wish i had this knowledge when i started training… :slight_smile:
I participate in powerlifting meets at least once a year, so i have many opportunities to max out. I have gone to max or failure in the bench press some times at training, but never in deadlift or squat. For me, it’s okey to do PRs on training in something, but never maxing out. But if you’re not a competetive powerlifting, i would recommend to set a couple of dates every year where some guys meet and maxes out in the most important lifts :slight_smile:

Front squat
5x5 @100kg
Bench press feet up
130x1
5cm board
145x1
10cm board
150x1
from pins 170x1
Deadlift without belt, speed
6x3 @140kg
Rowing with dumbbell
2x6

All lifts was really easy today.
I guess i don’t go to armwrestling today. Gonna lay off from armwrestling and push movements (shoulders and triceps) until the bench press meet is done. 9 days left :slight_smile:

Nice work, planning on getting a video of your bench meet?