IPad Announced, Nothing New

Check it out: Apple's iPad: Live Blog

It’s an oversized iPhone. They haven’t announced one new feature that the iPhone doesn’t have.

Anyone else at least a little surprised here? I have an iPhone but am otherwise a Windows guy… even so, this is pretty sad.

real ghey… I was really hoping for the newest version of the iphone to be announced and most people speculated that it would be but I guess they wanna release something to compete with the Kindle. Still I think its lame. Either get a laptop and read books on their or use an ipod touch/iphone to do it without carrying around a big ass version of the same thing. Just my two cents… but all in all its disappointing

.greg.

Of course it’s new- it’s a tablet made by Apple!

I wonder if you can make calls on it…that would be funny because then everybody will want a big ass phone that makes it easier to look at the internet whilst on said phone.

Yeah, it’s just a sexy fun machine. It isn’t going to take over laptops, and I understand it cannot make phone calls.

It’s ok - I’m sure there will be some useful features.

The new iPhone you can expect in June/July, just like every other year. Some cool rumours going on about that.

To me it’s at a point were it’s less useful than both an iPhone and a Laptop. It has a bigger screen than the iPhone but if you want a bigger you might aswell get a laptop. It’s more comfortable than a laptop but if you want a comfortable device you might aswell get an iPhone. I do see legitimate uses for it like casual couch browsing but nothing special that would make me want to drop 500$.

I thought this might be an interesting option for long flights and trips where I don’t take my laptop, but for that kind of money I’ll pick up a netbook. At least while I’m stuck with a CDMA Blackberry.

What the hell was Steve Jobs thinking when he decided on this ridiculous name?

Hey, I just got my period, anyone got an iPad??? How bout some iPlugs??

Yeah, he’s a real genius.

[quote]Yo Momma wrote:
What the hell was Steve Jobs thinking when he decided on this ridiculous name?

Hey, I just got my period, anyone got an iPad??? How bout some iPlugs??

Yeah, he’s a real genius.[/quote]

Yeah it’s as stupid as the name iPod. What is that, a pea pod? An espace pod?

Oh wait…

Apple has signed up with McGraw Hill to sell their books (95% are ebooks) on the IPad. Perhaps college students won’t need to carry 3 physics books anymore to class, also makes definitions easier to find in ebook format. But yea other then that, it’s crap.

At least a tablet PC is a real computer. All this iPad is is a big iPhone, at least from what I’ve seen. Maybe there is more to it than they have said so far, but I can’t imagine they would have left that out.

1ghz processor, no mention off ram, 64gb flash drive, no 1080p = no thanks.

Jobs bashes the netbook, but netbooks are better than ^ in every way.

It’s essentially a Kindle (though apparently with cooler visuals) plus a device that can use all of Apple’s 140,000 or so apps. And it’s got an onscreen keyboard.

A little nifty, but kind of . . . doesn’t fill a need.

I’m sure it’s a great e-book reader, and it only weighs 1.5 pounds( !), which is way cool, but it seems like a pretty damn pricey e-book reader. (Ok, it’s got the apps you can use too, but still.)

Eh . . . I smell “fail” for the first time in Apple’s recent history.

It looks to be a large iTouch. It’s more than a Kindle, because it plays video and games. But it’s not a large iPhone because you can’t make calls on it. I think Jobs has gone off the deep end.

This has “instant Harvard Business Review Case Study” written all over it.

DB

[quote]ucallthatbass wrote:
1ghz processor, no mention off ram, 64gb flash drive, no 1080p = no thanks.

Jobs bashes the netbook, but netbooks are better than ^ in every way.[/quote]

This is also how I feel…

Its a WAAAAYYYYYY overpriced ereader… but its stats make it suck ballz compared to my Asus Eee pc… and for the fancy one, an almost 1k price tag makes a normal laptop or even a REAL tablet pc make more sense…

fail…

the wolf is not impressed.

[quote]Damici wrote:
Eh . . . I smell “fail” for the first time in Apple’s recent history.[/quote]

i think apple’s first fail moment was the release of the lastest shuffle that forces you to use apple’s shitty stock headphones. i understand what they were going for, but shit, release an control adapter that i can plug good headphones into at least.

I can’t see this selling very well.

(I may very well be proven wrong, but I just don’t see a need for this thing)

[quote]PimpBot5000 wrote:
I can’t see this selling very well.

(I may very well be proven wrong, but I just don’t see a need for this thing)[/quote]

The people I’ve spoken to are all Apple fanatics and will buy one just because.

They don’t see how a netbook is better…