Inzer Lever Belt

Does anybody have one? Specifically, I’m thinking about a 10mm lever as a training belt. I’ve never used a lever belt before…is it a huge pain in the ass?

Thanks.

I’ve the 13mm and love it. Wayyy easier to use than the buckle version.

I do not like the lever belt. I find them to be harder to adjust. You have less fredom in the selection, IMO.

Ive used one for years. Great belt. allows you to get that tight fit without struggling with the prongs on a regular belt. Only drawback as firebug pointed out is that if you want to adjust the tightness midway through your workout/competition, you have to unscrew the lever completely and move it down a notch. Not a big deal for me, takes less than 2 mins, but some people find this turn off.

I have the 10mm belt and love it. I have it fit so it is snug when i just have it on, and then when i tighten it, there is no space for anything. I love it. You’ll feel the support the first time you put it on.

Oh, one quick caveat, my friend put it on close to his ribs and it cracked one, so if your not retarded when your using it, you’ll be fine.

Repsectfully,
me

[quote]robo1 wrote:
Ive used one for years. Great belt. allows you to get that tight fit without struggling with the prongs on a regular belt. Only drawback as firebug pointed out is that if you want to adjust the tightness midway through your workout/competition, you have to unscrew the lever completely and move it down a notch. Not a big deal for me, takes less than 2 mins, but some people find this turn off.[/quote]

What do you do if you find yourself needing to set the belt between available settings? That is where my problem comes in. I personally don’t think they have enough variation in settings, at least for me.

I agree it is not to time consuming or difficult, just a pain in the a@@.

Thanks for the replies. I went ahead w/ the 10mm lever belt. I went w/ a XL…I’m 5’10, 230ish. I hope the thing fits.

A couple weeks ago I tried to squeeze into somebody’s medium belt they got from Elite, and it wasn’t happening.

Does XL sound right at my size?

[quote]firebug9 wrote:
robo1 wrote:
Ive used one for years. Great belt. allows you to get that tight fit without struggling with the prongs on a regular belt. Only drawback as firebug pointed out is that if you want to adjust the tightness midway through your workout/competition, you have to unscrew the lever completely and move it down a notch. Not a big deal for me, takes less than 2 mins, but some people find this turn off.

What do you do if you find yourself needing to set the belt between available settings? That is where my problem comes in. I personally don’t think they have enough variation in settings, at least for me.

[/quote]

I’m happy enough with the gap in available adjustments… I’ve had mine 6 motnhs and haven’t had a problem yet!

Another plus for them is that if you use a bench shirt it’s a lot easier to lock in.

Yeah, I’m in the xl as well, right in the middle of it. There is plenty of room to adjust bigger or smaller. Enjoy it. I love mine.

T

[quote]firebug9 wrote:
robo1 wrote:

[/quote]

Firebug, I find the notch settings to be fine, though I don’t move around on the notches much either - I’ve had my belt sine 2001 and I’ve only had the need to use 2 settings on it so far.

I guess if your weight fluctuates a lot or you like to have different tightness for different lifts and different sets then the lever may be more effort than a prong. But i love the quickness of being able to tighten the lever.

In training it doesn’t make much of a difference but when you’re in competition and you got all the gear plastered to your body the last thing I need is to be fussing with my belt. With the lever you just flip it and go.

Also firebug have you seen this new inzer ``PR’’ belt. Its basically a lever belt with a ratchet attached to it that can be adjusted while its around your waist. I’ve been tempted to check that out but its pretty expensive about twice the cost of a regular lever belt.

I absolutely love my 13 mm. If you’re a competitive powerlifter and like different settings for different lifts, then yeah, maybe a buckle makes more sense. For training, however, I think the lever belt is the greatest invention ever.

I have two 13mm belts, one which uses a buckle and a lever belt. I normally use the buckle in my training and the lever in competition since it’s faster and easier to tighten. Inzer’s PR belt has already been mentioned but the $140 price is a little steep IMO.

i just ordered the 13mm lever, ill let you know how it is when it gets here, although that might not be for 2 weeks

I’m about your size and I have a Large Inzer belt [buckle] admittedly I could fit an XL but I can literally squeeze into the Large with a few holes left over.

I still prefer the prong but Inzer quality is the same

[quote]robo1 wrote:
firebug9 wrote:
robo1 wrote:

Firebug, I find the notch settings to be fine, though I don’t move around on the notches much either - I’ve had my belt sine 2001 and I’ve only had the need to use 2 settings on it so far.

I guess if your weight fluctuates a lot or you like to have different tightness for different lifts and different sets then the lever may be more effort than a prong. But i love the quickness of being able to tighten the lever.

In training it doesn’t make much of a difference but when you’re in competition and you got all the gear plastered to your body the last thing I need is to be fussing with my belt. With the lever you just flip it and go.

Also firebug have you seen this new inzer ``PR’’ belt. Its basically a lever belt with a ratchet attached to it that can be adjusted while its around your waist. I’ve been tempted to check that out but its pretty expensive about twice the cost of a regular lever belt.
[/quote]

I have seen the belt, but it is not legal in USAPL or IPF meest so I would not purchase it.

I agree the lever belt is easier – as long as it is the right tightness without alot of fuss.