INZER Belt - Prong vs. Lever?

Hey guys,

after lifting completely without any equipment for some years, I’ve finally decided to get a lifting belt. I want to buy one of those fine INZER belts.

The question is: prong or lever?

I have no idea. They are about equally expensive. I’m leaning towards the lever belt as that seems quite comfortable and easy to put on/off.

The only thing I fear is that the lever will crack…? I saw a video of Layne Norton where he said that he destroyed three levers already. I thought it were his massive weights, but in the comments of that video a girl said that a lever gave up on her too… on 200 pound squats!!

I’m unsure. Has anyone of you maybe had the chance to compare both belts and wants to share his opinion?

Thanks.

I’ve had an Inzer Lever Belt for over a year and had no problems. I’ve squatted 650 in it, but I only squat every 1 to 2 weeks so probably not as many reps.

Ive always used a 13mm double prong belt and Id go with the lever belt, recently bought my girlfriend a lever belt from quest powerlifting and she loves it. If you get a prong belt Id go for a single prong.

I like prong
always
easily adjustable unlike lever

I’ve had a lever belt for two years and it hasn’t shown any real signs of wear. It’s called the Inzer forever lever belt since it has a lifetime warranty. Of course, that doesn’t remove the safety risk if a belt does give out at the bottom of a squat.

I have a lever, a double prong and a single prong and use them all. If I were to use one only I’d get a single prong. I’ve had no issues with the lever breaking. It feels indestructible to me. However, I use my belt looser on deadlifts than squats and changing the lever constantly is a pain in the butt. At the moment I use the lever to squat and the single prong to deadlift.

I’ll probably buy a lever belt. Just this makes me curious…

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:
I have a lever, a double prong and a single prong and use them all. If I were to use one only I’d get a single prong. I’ve had no issues with the lever breaking. It feels indestructible to me. However, I use my belt looser on deadlifts than squats and changing the lever constantly is a pain in the butt. At the moment I use the lever to squat and the single prong to deadlift.[/quote]

Is it usual to use two different belts? I have never used a belt, so I don’t know… does anyone else have the same “problem” as ouroboro_s? Because that really seems like it would be annoying… I just have no idea if I would need to do that… if squatting and deadlifting would feel so different in a belt. Hm.

I used prong belts for 30 years. Most worked well but eventually the prongs bent under heavy weight and the belt popped loose. I went to the cam lever belt 4 years ago and wish I had switched sooner. I love how easy they are to loosen with a single finger and to lock into place as tight as you want.

I use a lever belt to squat in but can’t deadlift in it because I have trouble getting into position. In training I rarely use a belt when deadlifting and in competition I will use a 3 ply Spud Deadlift belt, but not all Feds allow those.

I have had a lever belt for years. Absolutely love it. After a heavy set, it’s awesome being able to loosen the belt quickly. Never had any difficulty adjusting the lever when needed.

I did have one of the teeth break off. I hang my belt up, and it fell off and hit the floor teeth first. Got a replacement lever with no issues, and now it’s purple, so I got that going for me.

4 years of 10mm Inzer Lever Belt.
Not a single problem !

[quote]kackbratze wrote:
I’ll probably buy a lever belt. Just this makes me curious…

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:
I have a lever, a double prong and a single prong and use them all. If I were to use one only I’d get a single prong. I’ve had no issues with the lever breaking. It feels indestructible to me. However, I use my belt looser on deadlifts than squats and changing the lever constantly is a pain in the butt. At the moment I use the lever to squat and the single prong to deadlift.[/quote]

Is it usual to use two different belts? I have never used a belt, so I don’t know… does anyone else have the same “problem” as ouroboro_s? Because that really seems like it would be annoying… I just have no idea if I would need to do that… if squatting and deadlifting would feel so different in a belt. Hm.[/quote]

I squat in my 13mm forever lever belt. I tried deadlifting in it for a while, but I could never get into the right position. I now use a spud deadlift belt for deadlifting and like it a lot better.

Alright, I will probably buy the 10 mm lever belt then.

Unfortunately it’s very hard to come by in Germany. There are only like two online shops where you can get one (and maybe ebay). I was about to order one, but it’s nowhere in stock in the right size at the moment.

Oh well…

[quote]T3hPwnisher wrote:
and now it’s purple, so I got that going for me.[/quote]

Ahahahaaa, good sense of humor.

I’ve got an 10mm Inzer Forever double prong. I chose it over the lever simply because I wanted to avoid lever replacement. I reckon I’d probably get a single prong if I bought a new one, and quite possibly go for 13 mm.