T Nation

Inward Knee Movement in the Hole

What do ya'll guys think of this? Does anyone employ this method and if so how do you cue it and what does it feel like and how do you keep yourself from overdoing it, but not end up not doing it at all?

I've been playing around with this and I'm having a hard time not overdoing the inward movement of the knees but I've also already gotten more power out of the hole.

[quote]Fletch1986 wrote:

What do ya’ll guys think of this? Does anyone employ this method and if so how do you cue it and what does it feel like and how do you keep yourself from overdoing it, but not end up not doing it at all?

I’ve been playing around with this and I’m having a hard time not overdoing the inward movement of the knees but I’ve also already gotten more power out of the hole. [/quote]

I don’t use, and never will. I have dislocated my right patella twice, I don’t want any inward movement whatsoever. Also, I have not seen someone using it in a meet.

No dont use it , and probably never will .

Dan Green is one of the lifters that I really admire and I think his technique would be appropriate for a select group of athletes. I’m just not sure if it would really be desirable for long-limbed lifters or for people with pre-existing knee problems.

As a long-femured individual, the only way that I find to be effective of really feeling the weight transfer to my glutes and posterior chain muscles in the hole is to really exaggerate pushing out my knees. Maybe this means that the knees naturally shift inwards a bit during the concentric, but I know that when I forget to keep my knees pushed out in the hole, I have problems.

Just a beginner’s observation.

This is my training partner Andrew Hollenbeck hitting 418 for a triple at 148lbs bodyweight. He uses this technique and it looks it works pretty damn effective

I do it. It’s the technique I naturally developed, so I don’t have a mental cue for it, it just happens.