This is my first thread…
While in the change room today (also known as the think tank), I decided to take accountability for my lack of progress over the previous years.
By way of background, I have been “lifting” for a few years, and have experienced some positive results of losing a little fat and becoming a little more muscular (particularly in the period Nov 2005 to Mar 2006).
However, lately I am bitterly disappointed with myself for letting myself become “too comfortable” as my fiance puts it, and rightly so. So in the vein of Dan John’s article on goals and toilet seats, and John Berardi’s little 8 day course, I have decided to make my progress open for accountability purposes. I guess there is nothing like avoiding making a fool of one self to a wide audience…
I am getting married on 18 November this year. We started preparing yesterday, and yesterday is the day I decided I must make a mark in my physique and health.
Mid term goals:
- to loose 5 kilos (11lbs) of fat by 18 November
- to gain at least 2 kilos of muscle by 18 November
Current factoids are:
- heigh - 5’10"
- weight - 84kgs (184 lbs)
- body fat (Tanita) - 22% therefore approx 18.5kgs (40.7lbs) (uugh)
I know the Tanita is not the best, but I am using it for more trend analysis than absolute numbers. I will endeavour to post photos in the next couple of days.
Short term steps
- whole body weight train 3 times a week (M,W,F)
- energy systems 3 times a week (T,TH,SAT)
- Yoga 2 times a week - for mobility and flexibility (T,TH)
- Feed 5 times a day, plus Surge post workout
- adhere to Precision Nutrition
I bought my first batch of Biotest supps last night in bed, consisting of:
- Spike (to replace purchased daily coffee)
- Alpha Male (to reduce b-fat and build muscle)
- creatine (post workout)
- Surge (post workout)
- Whey (from a local source due to steep shipping costs from Biotest). Note, I am trying to consume the bulk of my meals in solid food, but for “supershakes” where this will be used and pre-bed.
Supplements are hopefully arriving next week…
Diet is to follow Precision Nutrition principles. I have been woeful in the area as I bought it 9 months ago and have not read it yet. Further I always seem to eat the Tim-Tams in the cupboard (which the mother in law always gives us). This has to f@cking stop!
Feeds are to follow along the following lines:
- Breakfast - 3 whole eggs, mushrooms, red capsicum, spinach and kangaroo sausage (lean as buggery)
- Mid morning - 250g of cottage cheese and spinach
- Post training - 1 Surge
- Lunch - 250g(ish) of lean meat and vegies/salad (spinach)
- Mid afternoon - 250g of cottage cheese and spinach
- Dinner - 250g(ish) of lean meat and vegies/salad (spinach)
- Pre-bed - 1 scoop protein
In terms of supplementation, multi, vitamin C, 4x fish oil, Alpha Male and Spike after breakfast (7:30 am). Surge and creatine during and post training. Alpha Male before dinner (7:30pm). Multi, vitamin C, 4x fish oil after dinner. I am considering Alpha Male before breakfast…
Any suggestions re supplements (particularly Alpha and Spike ) appreciated. I am trying to keep my nutrition simple (not simplistic) as it will be better for adherence sake.
Training is to follow Shugart’s V-Diet training plan. I have used this with great success during Nov 2005 to Feb 2006 and plan to stick to it for the 7 weeks that remain.