Invisible Earrings

[quote]Professor X wrote:
I haven’t been wearing anything lately.[/quote]

I have nothing to contribute. I appreciate that you’re trying to project a more professional image, but I am wondering why you’re going to work naked. :slight_smile:

You would look hilarious walking into Claires. I’ve taken my daughter there before and I’m not sure you’d be able to fit between displays. They cram a lot into their stores.

I have never tried this, but I imagine you could insert a short piece of thin gauge wire into the hole so that the ends are hidden in the earlobe.

I think you are right that it is best err on the side of being conservative to give a professional appearance when doing business. Better to lose the earrings and have to re-pierce your ears yourself with a sewing needle than to potentially give a bad first impression to a client or colleague.

Mr.X- Giant man with a little…flair.

Like everyone else said - if you have had them done for a while it will take a long time for the holes to close. I don’t wear my earrings to work, I only put them in on the weekends/when I go out, and I have probably gone a couple of months at a time w/o wearing them and have no problems with the holes closing.

Agree that the holes take a long time to close, and I think leaving them out completely at work is the way to go.

Lol x if you have had your ears pierced longer then a year. You shouldn’t worry about them closing up any time soon. Just my two cents.

[quote]sluicy wrote:
dday wrote:
I take you can’t wear something nice?

That’s my question too. A tastefully earringed man is rare and nice to see.

I agree with whoever said that earrings designed to make you look like you’re not wearing anything look weird, whether they’re clear or flesh-colored. [/quote]

What is tasteful when it comes to earrings on men? Just call me curious george:D

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:
seriously, STAY AWAY from Hot Topic

that store is full of trash…nobody likes a mall goth[/quote]

Oh please, they have great high pigment makeups at rock bottom prices. I’m not goth in the slightest but they have some decent products.

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:
seriously, STAY AWAY from Hot Topic

that store is full of trash…nobody likes a mall goth[/quote]

I walked into one recently because I was joking with a friend that I was going to buy him a Twilight t-shirt, Team Evan or whatever. Every other t-shirt was of stuff I loved when I was growing up (I’m 31). NIN, Nirvana, Iron Maiden, Star Wars, Ghostbusters, GI Joe, etc. I walked out thoroughly confused and feeling old.

I didn’t get a chance to look at the jewelry.

I’ve heard of people putting thread or dental floss in them but that would probably be pretty noticeable on your ears. I know that you can get little clear plastic rods, they just slide in and you don’t need to attach anything to either end. People will only notice if they’re really looking for them most of the time.

You should be alright just leaving them out during work though, after a year the holes shouldn’t close unless you leave the earrings out for days or even weeks.

If I were you X I’d just go with some small diamond studs and wait for someone to say something, a small diamond would look much better and probably much more appropriate than anything clear.

But honestly X, are you casual enough with the other employees that they’d actually say something to you about it without being terrified?

[quote]Carlitosway wrote:
sluicy wrote:
dday wrote:
I take you can’t wear something nice?

That’s my question too. A tastefully earringed man is rare and nice to see.

I agree with whoever said that earrings designed to make you look like you’re not wearing anything look weird, whether they’re clear or flesh-colored.

What is tasteful when it comes to earrings on men? Just call me curious george:D[/quote]

Usually not much. It’s just personal preference, something I find attractive when worn well, with subtlety and taste. Pretty much like any other accessory. But that’s a very small percentage of the total. Very small.

Keep the studs in Prof, no one will (or should) care. My Doctor has both ears pierced and wears the same kind of stud you described.

No one cares because they all know he knows his shit.

Agree on studs being professionally acceptable. I also have both ears pierced and in the past have worn studs when doing sales presentations to big corporations. It’s not a big deal.

[quote]Makavali wrote:
Keep the studs in Prof, no one will (or should) care. My Doctor has both ears pierced and wears the same kind of stud you described.

No one cares because they all know he knows his shit.[/quote]

Yeah, if you’re worried about the competence of the guy who’s going to cut into your body based on the fact that he has holes in his ears then you need to think through that a little.

I worked with one of the best veterinary surgeons in New England when I was in that field. He had a ponytail and a couple tattoos. He was the most confidence-inspiring guy I’ve ever seen in my life.

As a result of those couple of years and another job I have a whole bunch of theories about doctors and high T and physical appearance but I won’t go into all that. :slight_smile: