T Nation

Invicta - Women's MMA

New promotion exclusively for the female fighters, with cooperation from the other big-time promotions, to include Zuffa and Bellator.

Has my interest. Especially with Marloes Coenan fighting. Love that woman!!!

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_ylt=Apozftyn4CshPIoU.WkMh_exEo14?slug=mmaweekly-6717ff22936cb4b8595dbcb22c1a0b55

About fucking time. Female MMA hardly gets enough showcasing.

This is so cool and such a great venture. I hope it does peak up after the April card. Hopefully, most will see that female MMA fighters possess the same dedication and skills as their male counterparts and that their fights can also be quite exciting.

I will definitely be checking this out and get my young cousins to see this too. Great news.

I like Romy but I think Marloes will win again.

Its good they have their own promotion

any of the bigger ( read UFC) cant really offer it - and expect to keep any network affiliations
just my two cents

[quote]kmcnyc wrote:

any of the bigger ( read UFC) cant really offer it - and expect to keep any network affiliations
just my two cents[/quote]

Agree on both counts.

Regards,

Robert A

[quote]kmcnyc wrote:

It’s not really the worry of keeping network affiliations, as seen in the mega-huge turnout for Carano vs. Cyborg. With so much focus on the men’s side of the house, I don’t think any of the big shows are interested/vested in searching for the best female fighters out there. Basically, something that has taken the backseat for way too long.

I love Marloes…such dessert for my eyes.

[quote]Rodimus Black wrote:

[quote]kmcnyc wrote:

It’s not really the worry of keeping network affiliations, as seen in the mega-huge turnout for Carano vs. Cyborg. With so much focus on the men’s side of the house, I don’t think any of the big shows are interested/vested in searching for the best female fighters out there. Basically, something that has taken the backseat for way too long.

I love Marloes…such dessert for my eyes.[/quote]

There isnt enough quality female fighters in the sport right now to have solid competitive divisions. I am pretty sure the UFC has no interest in having Cyborg on their cards smashing other women in under a minute.

That might change in time as more and more women start coming into the sport but as of now the quality isnt high enough to justify a spot on the card.

Carano vs Cyborg was big due to the fact that people thought you were gonna get two highly skilled women have a close hard fought match and instead got Cyborg steam rolling. It did not help the sport at all. Great for Cyborg and I dont blame her you win and do it as effectively as you can. However for the womens division it was not helpful at all.