Intros, Bios, and Gee Whiz Thread

I’m glad I can cheer you up but if the 81 = 1981 then I’d be 93 so I’m dun goofing a lot more than you right now. :frowning:

[quote]Spock81 wrote:

[quote]gorangers0525 wrote:
Interests- zoology and marine biology
[/quote]

That is really awesome! I have always had such a thing for marine animals, but I suck at science so never persued it career wise.

Do you have a favourite whale of sorts?

I might have to go with humpback.
Out of all see life though, manatee’s are KING.

I think bison are the manatee’s of the land. WHy?

HUMBLE, both manatee’s and bison I feel are very humble creatures. I dunno, I think I have too much time to think. [/quote]

I’ve always been a fan of narwhal’s haha. Very interesting animals. Narwhals | National Geographic - YouTube

Manatees are also very cool. I’ve seen some in the canals at my friends house in Florida. I could watch them all day.

If I was to pursue a career in marine biology, it’d probably be more along the lines of ichthyology. I have always found fish interesting ever since I’ve started fishing when I was 5. Right now I’m taking a lot of bio/chem classes to see if I’m really cut out for it. Definitely seems like an interesting career, but I couldn’t even imagine the job market for it.

1. Blackhawk Down, Good Fellas, Inception.
  2. Any type of chicken.
  3. 60 Minutes, Frontline.
  4. Drawing cars, playing football, reading, going to church.
  5. Playing the piano, politics, economics.
  6. Every couple of months, usually depends.
  7. Deadlift, even though I suck at it.
  8. Ed Coan, Kirk Karwoski.
  9. A hobby, a sport, something awesome.
  10. COD

CS

Fave movie: Terminator 2
Food: Pizza
Tv show: Game of thrones
hobby outside of PL-ing: MMA
Random interests: reading
Um how often one gets laid or even just basic oral or something. I am curious if I am the only PL-er who has to go 12-18 months without sex.: 6 times a week on avg.
Fave lift of the big 3: Deadlift
OHH biggest powerlifting inspiration: Ed Coan
What powerlifting means to you: independence
fave video game: Mass effect

1. Movie - Pulp Fiction. Also partial to Rocky IV, Fight Club, Full Metal Jacket, Blow, and any movie with a submarine in it.

2. Food - Steak and pizza (sometimes together)

3. TV show - Sons of Anarchy, Real Time with Bill Maher, Big Bang Theory, HIMYM, Family Guy

4. Hobby outside of PL-ing - Reading PhD dissertations on topics I’m not well versed in to see if I can understand them

5. Random interests - Advanced weapons development, submarines, space exploration.

6. Laid: Will have to defer this one since my g/f is also on this site haha

7. Fave Big 3 - The Skwatzzz

8. Powerlifting inspiration - Probably Wendler, but I don’t really follow the actual sport of PL all that much.

9. What powerlifting means to you - A way to stay competitive now that my real sports careers are over, even if I am just competing against myself.

10. Video game: Does Words With Friends count? I haven’t played video games in years, but I am unbeatable at Mario Kart battle mode on the Super Nintendo (yes before the N64), really liked Goldeneye on the N64, and was a big fan of all the Mario’s, especially Mario 64. Oh yeah, also Tiger Woods Golf 2006 on regular X-Box.

Any movies from Stephen Chow or Will Smith

Fried Chicken

Scrubs

Playing League Of Legends

Nutrition, human physiology

Still a virgin :[ help a brother out?

Like many, the squat

Inspiration? hard choice, but I’m a go with EDIT: Matt Kroczaleski, the guys a dedicated monster

A way to improve yourself, the sport isn’t just a meathead sport. I’ve learned a lot in the short time I’ve been powerlifting. Life lessons and a passion grew from it and I’m thankful for it.

league of legends

I like this thread.

Guess I’ll put in my bit:

Movie-Snatch, Toy Story, and all the Rambo/Rocky movies

Food-Steak or Wings with a Shiner Bock!

Tv show-Hmmmmmmmmmmmm… I haven’t really watched TV consistently since I got back from Africa. Too busy with life! I do love Dexter, though.

Hobby outside of PL-ing-Writing and I work too much to have many other hobbies at the moment. School! haha

Random interests-I LOVE music! August Burns Red, Bon Iver, and Atmosphere are a few of the artists I like and my interest spans many genres.

Laid-Long distance relationship… During the weekends we see eachother, about 10+ times over the three days!! haha

Fave lift-Squat for sure. I love the anticipation/fear before a heavy single just before you commit to your descent!

Powerlifting Inspiration-I can’t really say I have a TRUE inspirational person in particular. I do follow most of the lifters on eliteFTS and sometimes a few of the posts inspire me. I don’t draw a lot of inspiration from others. I just do my thing and that’s inspiration enough for me. A lot of the things Wendler has writtena about, more geared toward personal motivation and just being your own version of awesome really carries a lot of weight with my outlook on life. I do find Jason Pegg pretty impressive. He’s a strong dude and has been through some shit.

What powerlifting means-I don’t honestly view powerlifting as the greatest thing in the world. It’s a vehicle for me to channel my emotions and to model the structure of my personal life after. Holding yourself accountable, setting goals, and being consistent. I’m not the strongest or the most disciplined, but getting into powerlifting has helped me in other areas of my life as those other areas have helped me mold my lifting.

Video game-NCAA Football, Madden, all the CoD games… I’m not much of a gamer, but these are relevant to my interests. My GF is into WoW, so I’m slowly picking up a little at a time. Not interested in playing, but she likes it so, I like to at least be able to talk to her about it.

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:
10. Video game: Does Words With Friends count? I haven’t played video games in years, but I am unbeatable at Mario Kart battle mode on the Super Nintendo (yes before the N64), really liked Goldeneye on the N64, and was a big fan of all the Mario’s, especially Mario 64. Oh yeah, also Tiger Woods Golf 2006 on regular X-Box.

[/quote]

I will take you up on that SNES Mario Kart battle mode challenge.

[quote]LiquidMercury wrote:

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:

[/quote]

I will take you up on that SNES Mario Kart battle mode challenge.[/quote]

Yeah, and I want to play goldeneye with you!!
Setting: man with the golden gun
level: bunker

BRING IT!

[quote]Zerpp wrote:

[/quote]

I wish i could say I was a virgin, then I’d have a better excuse for my cluelessness/awkwardness.

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:

[/quote]

Any time, any place kilroy…

To make it more embarrassing, I will use the Princess so you get your ass whooped by a GIRL

[quote]Spock81 wrote:

Yeah, and I want to play goldeneye with you!!
Setting: man with the golden gun
level: bunker

BRING IT![/quote]

I never liked the Golden Gun mode, but I’ll accept the challenge…my N64 skills are a bit rusty, but I can practice…

My favorite method in the bunker (I think that;s the level) is to use the remote mines. I like to go into the jail cell that it starts guys at and just throw a bunch of them around and let them simmer. That way when I kill my opponent once, and he starts in the jail cell I can just blow him up again for another quick kill…dirty yo

[quote]Zerpp wrote:

Still a virgin

[/quote]
x2 don’t sweat it brah

1)Fave movie: The Godfather…perfection in filmaking

2)Food: Grilled Bronzini at Milos in NYC

3)Tv show: The Wire…ya feel me?

4)Hobby outside of PL-ing: Breeding Central American cichlids,

5)Random interests: Jazz fiend, billiards, bow hunting, rifle hunting,all combat sports, fishing, hiking, travelling

6)Re sex: Several times a week.

7)Fave lift of the big 3: These days its the squat

8)biggest powerlifting inspiration: Coan

9)What powerlifting means to you: the best and worst thing associated with lifting heavy weights

1. fave video game: I stopped playing video games at an early age when I discovered playing with girls was much more fun. Some grown men have yet to have this moment of clarity and effects their answer to #5

[quote]Spock81 wrote:

[quote]Zerpp wrote:

[/quote]

I wish i could say I was a virgin, then I’d have a better excuse for my cluelessness/awkwardness. [/quote]

but the cluelessness/awkwardness is a good thing, i think it’s funny and cute, plus i would put myself in that catagory. those guys are missing out if they don’t get your humor.

Fave movie- Seven, Morgan Freeman is the shit

Food- Hamburgers, practically make up my diet

Tv show- Tosh.0

hobby outside of PL-ing- don’t have any, I work way to much

Random interests- singing karaoke

Um how often one gets laid- Often, I have a Lady friend

Fave lift of the big 3- Squats, to the basement!

biggest powerlifting inspiration- andrey malanichev

What powerlifting means to you- Its an outlet for my daily grind, plus I always wanted to be big and strong because I was skinny and weak early in life.

fave video game- don’t even own a game system, I play words with friends thats about it.

[quote]scottkoscielniak wrote:
Morgan Freeman is the shit
[/quote]
I’ve been told I laugh like Morgan Freeman. truestory.jpg

Fave movie - Dumb and Dumber
Food - beef and rice with a dash of soy sauce
Tv show - old Simpsons and old Futurama
hobby outside of PL-ing - bodybuilding lol
Random interests - I read a lot
the sex question - whenever my lady is in town
Fave lift of the big 3 - deadlift
OHH biggest powerlifting inspiration - Dave Tate
What powerlifting means to you - fun, stress reliever, health
fave video game - now thats a brutal question. no clue.

Fave movie - Most Christopher Nolan films, Beerfest, Supertroopers - too hard to pick one!!

Food hmm tough one, traditional sunday roast!

Tv show - Dont watch a great deal of TV. Luther was pretty good (UK series)

hobby outside of PL-ing - Used to be rugby, too many injuries now - so none really…too busy working, studying, volunteering!

Random interests - Reading, walking/hiking.

Um how often one gets laid or even just basic oral or something. I am curious if I am the only PL-er who has to go 12-18 months without sex - Long term partner, so long time haha

Fave lift of the big 3 - Squat because you can’t just muscle it up like a deadlift, you need to be technically proficient to shift big weights!!

OHH biggest powerlifting inspiration - Malanichev, Truscherer (sp)…anyone who’s killing it regularly!

What powerlifting means to you - stress relief, allows me to relax outside of work and get away from everything. Also covers my competitiveness to some degree.

fave video game - dont play video games im afraid

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:

[/quote]

I too accept this challenge. I spent a large portion of my childhood on that game.