Intros, Bios, and Gee Whiz Thread

Per request of Spock81 who’s a chicken and won’t start the thread:

Ask the following:

Fave movie
Food
Tv show
hobby outside of PL-ing
Random interests
Um how often one gets laid or even just basic oral or something. I am curious if I am the only PL-er who has to go 12-18 months without sex.
Fave lift of the big 3
OHH biggest powerlifting inspiration
What powerlifting means to you
fave video game

Quoted directly from the woman herself. Lol

[quote]TheTexican wrote:

Ask the following:

Fave movie
Food
Tv show
hobby outside of PL-ing
Random interests
Um how often one gets laid or even just basic oral or something. I am curious if I am the only PL-er who has to go 12-18 months without sex.
Fave lift of the big 3
fave video game

Quoted directly from the woman herself. Lol [/quote]
1.Remember the Titans
2.Carne Asada Super Nachos
3.Jeopardy. Like how I met your Mother and Happy Endings currently
4.Beating off and basketball
5.Interested in getting drunk and making bad decisions
6.5x a week, got a lady friend, although this doesn’t work well with #5.
7.Bench, been doing it the longest, squat is catching up though.
8.ehh
9.self competition and getting strong.
10.Sports, NBA, Madden, FIFA.

[quote]TheTexican wrote:

Ask the following:

Fave movie
Food
Tv show
hobby outside of PL-ing
Random interests
Fave lift of the big 3
fave video game

OMG COOL! I am quoting you quoting me!!

1. No country for old men
  2. ALL things made with ground meat, burgers/meatloaf/shepards pie etc… Ground bison is wonderful.
  3. Gargoyles, ha
  4. Sign language I guess. My “hobby”, but more like future career or whatevskies.
  5. Dino’s, and I also like old steam engines and streetcars. I am sorta like a 5 year-old boy in many ways.
  6. I get laid once ever 12-18months. Usually by differnt people. It’s not like I have one person who I fuck once a year or anything. It also is usually very awkawrd (my fault). HAHA
  7. Probably benching
  8. Chuck V.
  9. Will come back to this one when I have more time…
  10. Right now I really like mario kart Wii cause I am trying to unlock dry bones bowser and it’s a fun goal for me.

K YAY

psssh

[quote]TheTexican wrote:

Ask the following:

Fave movie
Food
Tv show
hobby outside of PL-ing
Random interests
Fave lift of the big 3
fave video game

1. A knight’s tale, troy, and gladiator (It’s a toss up)
  2. Chicken Parmesan
  3. How I met your mother
  4. Can’t honestly say I have a hobby outside of powerlifitng. My free time is devoted to powerlifting and all of my other time is spent working or playing with my kid. I guess cooking if you call that a hobby.
  5. I’m a total nerd for medieval type stuff
  6. haha I live with my fiance, so a couple times a week I guess
  7. Deadlift!!!
  8. I find Matt Kroc fascinating.
  9. powerlifting is the glue that holds me together. It keeps all aspects of my life in check, and gives me something to fight for.
  10. Dragon age: origins … the second one sucked.

[quote]TheTexican wrote:

Ask the following:

Fave movie
Food
Tv show
hobby outside of PL-ing
Random interests
Fave lift of the big 3
fave video game

Movie- This changes all the time. Ace Ventura movies always get to me.
Food- Fish. More specifically blackened Mahi-Mahi
Show- Family Guy
Hobbies- Fishing and hockey
Interests- zoology and marine biology
Sex- 3-5x week. With my girlfriend of almost 2 years.
Big 3- Deadlift
Stan Efferding or Ed Coan
Constant self-improvement
Assassins Creed series or NHL series

I’m very indecisive. Hard for me to pick favorites.

Fave movie: Either of the new batman movies
Food: Healthy fish/rice, Other Pizza
Tv show: Star trek probably TNG, but I group all the new ones together so my favorite show can have over 20 seasons.
hobby outside of PL-ing: Trying to be more awesome in other ways
Random interests: Dogs, Computers, all the above
Sex: Married but usually enough to meet my needs without being too specific
Fave lift of the big 3: Squat, previously was least favorite
powerlifting inspiration: Human, random people who’s logs I follow that have a similar training or lifting style as me but are much stronger. Non-Human, KK
What powerlifting means to you: Being stronger than everyone else
fave video game: Starcraft, GTA or similar like Saints row. Only favorite until I overplay it then I’m not really a video game person until a new version comes out

I find this thread rather bizarre but I’m rather intrigued by Spock

Films: Scorsese, Terence Malick films (that film Tree of Life)
Tv: Game of thrones, sopranos, mad men, boardwalk empire, the wire
Food: I cant stand food as i eat too much of it and it’s a chore
Random interests: ceramics, arty stuff, american football
Sex: If im with someone depends how hard Im training/overtraining. If overtraining then it goes down to once a week - none of this pull a max deadlift and get a raging erection stuff!
PL inspiration: Terry Hollands, Brian Shaw, Benni Magnusson, Misha Koklyaev, Storm the Beach [the only straight up PL in that list]
Fave video game: havent played since I was 16 and am a bit disdainful really

Spock - how old is your son? Also, you should be having sex more regularly (ie in a relationship) - just saying

[quote]TheTexican wrote:

Ask the following:

Fave movie
Food
Tv show
hobby outside of PL-ing
Random interests
Fave lift of the big 3
fave video game

I’m a newb to T nation, please bare with me…

How High
Sushi/BBQ its a draw
Sons of anarchy
Guns
Guns
Hmmm well 1x-3x a week depending on wifeys mood
Squat I suppose
Matt Kroc
I’m new to it, been lifting for 2 years and finally competing in my first comp november
Battlefield 3 on 360!

Movie: Back to the future. I love the irony
Tv Boondocks
Food: peanut butter. so many noms
Random interests: powerlifting. guitar, music
sex: a phone call away
Pl inspiration: Mike Tuscherer, Mike Hedlesky, and Ed coan, because he isn’t very tall and neither am i.
Video game: LEAGUE OF MOTHERFUCKING LEGENDS I will waste my life away playing this

[quote]gorangers0525 wrote:
Interests- zoology and marine biology
[/quote]

That is really awesome! I have always had such a thing for marine animals, but I suck at science so never persued it career wise.

Do you have a favourite whale of sorts?

I might have to go with humpback.
Out of all see life though, manatee’s are KING.

I think bison are the manatee’s of the land. WHy?

HUMBLE, both manatee’s and bison I feel are very humble creatures. I dunno, I think I have too much time to think.

[quote]ros1816 wrote:

Spock - how old is your son? Also, you should be having sex more regularly (ie in a relationship) - just saying[/quote]

My little dude is 5. He uses big words though, and we both have laugh attacks all the time so I feel like he’s just like my roomate or something, ha!

And yes, I have been saying I should be having sex more regularly since I was 20.
I have very bad luck in that department, apparently. I really have no idea what I’m doing… :=<

[quote]budreiser wrote:
Movie: Back to the future. I love the irony
[/quote]

Good call on this!!! I have a model delorean on my bookshelf.

Think McFly, THINK!

[quote]TheTexican wrote:

1. Fave movie

2. Food

3. Tv show

4. hobby outside of PL-ing

5. Random interests

6. Um how often one gets laid or even just basic oral or something. I am curious if I am the only PL-er who has to go 12-18 months without sex.

7. Fave lift of the big 3

8. OHH biggest powerlifting inspiration

9. What powerlifting means to you

10. fave video game [/quote]

11. Terminator, Beerfest, Predator, Serenity, Mean Girls,… there is no one favorite.

12. Merlot or Shiraz. Or a grilled ribeye with olive oil and sea salt, medium.

13. Scrubs!

14. Shooting, video games, downhilling (bike).

15. MATLAB

16. Bit of a dry spell now but usually a few times per month (same woman, LDR).

17. SQUAT!

18. ED3180 because he’s impossibly strong in the 181 class and used to post. Love Benni and Captain K. Also Maura Shuttleworth because she’s tiny but still a powerhouse and I know her IRL. 2SCOOPS because he has a monster squat and I also know him IRL.

19. Powerlifting, the label, means nothing. Training hard is everything.

20. EVE Online. Then Minecraft or Diablo III is pretty good. D2:LoD was awesome as well. C&C and C&C Red Alert are classics. Unreal Tournament. Descent II. Half Life and HL2. Super Metroid.

For the record, I am also intrigued by Spock. Her enthusiasm and online persona are great!

Fave movie: Out Cold
Food: Beef Strogonough, a yellow cake with chocolate fudge icing that says Happy Birthday in neon green with vanilla mayfield ice cream. The cake has been left in the freezer all day and moved to the fridge one hour prior to me eating it. For my non-birthday meal I like wings and beer as well as sweet n’ sour chicken.
Tv show: Really don’t watch a whole lot of TV, I enjoy anime to go to bed because it’s in japanese and it makes me fall asleep when I can’t get too involved because I can’t understand the language. If my eyes close I can’t read the subtitles so I’ll end up watching the same episode a few times before I can finish it.
hobby outside of PL-ing: I coach high school rowing but PL is my hobby really because I don’t have a lot of time to do much else other than work and coaching. I enjoy learning new things though, I enjoy dancing (swing/ballroom/various latin dances), and I like to travel though sadly do very little of it.
Random interests: Reading Fantasy/Sci-Fi, I went to a wood class for the last 6 weeks to learn how to build basic furniture, I also am intending on learning how to weld. I enjoy history and lighting stuff on fire.
Um how often one gets laid or even just basic oral or something. I am curious if I am the only PL-er who has to go 12-18 months without sex: I have a girlfriend but it’s a long distance relationship for the moment (hoping that aspect will change).
Fave lift of the big 3: Squat
OHH biggest powerlifting inspiration: I don’t know if I have any biggest inspirations. Probably my teammates being there and just being supportive is all the inspiration I need. I’ve never really gotten hung up on looking to people who have done great, I look to people who help me do great - which in this case is my teammates at Marietta Barbell.
What powerlifting means to you: It’s a great outlet for frustration. For me it’s also cross-training. In 2014 I’ll be getting back into a boat and taking a run at the 2016 olympics which will mean no benching because I won’t be able to carry the extra weight (I row lightweight).
fave video game : If I can get my new damn computer up and running and on my wireless network (that I bought for this game) it will be Diablo 3.

1. Gotta be Talledega nights or Anchorman
  2. a whole Little Casears Pizza
  3. Big Bang Theory
  4. Hanging out, going to the beach
  5. Biochemistry
  6. 20 years…
  7. Deathlifts
  8. Wendler, Vogelpohl, Donnie Thompson, Louie Simmons
  9. It’s just what I love to do
  10. Any of the Gta then Ncaa football and basketball

[quote]Spock81 wrote:

I dunno, I think I have too much time to think. [/quote]

Oh realllly?

1. Godfather I/II, Scarface,
  2. Pizza
  3. Friends, HIMYM, Suits, Breaking Bad
  4. Nothing I’m a boring fucker who’s at university so… I dunno, is university a hobby? XD
  5. Studying Economics so general economics/finance. Trading too.
  6. No girlfriend right now so essentially zero. Been about 12 months… dayum!
  7. Squat
  8. Matt Kroc, Layne Norton, Ed Coan then Jim Wendler/Dave Tate just for amazing information and hilarious duo
  9. Everything!
  10. GTA: San Andreas if not online. Online would be WoW back when I used to play and was younger

Fave movie - Army of Darkness
Food - Steak and mac
Tv show - Supernatural
hobby outside of PL-ing - Sleeping
Random interests - Cigars and Whiskey
Sex Frequency - twice weekly (married)
Fave lift of the big 3 - Deadlift/Bench love them equally
OHH biggest powerlifting inspiration - Ed Coan
What powerlifting means to you - Life
fave video game - Games are for children.

[quote]michael_xyz wrote:

1. No girlfriend right now so essentially zero. Been about 12 months… dayum!
    [/quote]

YAY FINALLY SOMEONE ELse in the same boat as I am, woot! I feel slightly better now, thanks :slight_smile:

Also, it’s been wonderful getting to know everyone. I creep your logs/posts all the time, but didn’t know that much boutcha. We’re all just one big happy cyber family now, ain’t we?

:confused: