Introduction

I agree, good numbers for a long lay off. How about Glute ham raises? Also how flexible are your hips? I know I have hip issues when I squat from being so tight also my calfs pull me forward. Have you read “3rd world Squat”? Good info in there as well. When I get back into PL I have to stretch like you wouldn’t believe!

Good numbers, volume, and workouts. Not many on here doing behind the neck presses.

Eco,CW,My hips have LIMITED flex.Never Heard of Glut Ham raises (may know the exercise just not what to call them).Its just sad to watch all the guys get their squat and you cant.Not ashamed of the weight I can put on my back,just the fact I cant achieve depth.No I havent read it,is it an article?

hel,For some reason Ive always had it in my head that Behind the neck was a good way to get side and rear delts in one move.Could be wrong?

Don’t get discouraged about your squat depth.
The behind the neck shld press can injure your rotator cuffs if you go to low…as far as I know.

Yes.I always been a firm believer in:STOP at the base of your ears.

[quote]63Galaxie wrote:
hel,For some reason Ive always had it in my head that Behind the neck was a good way to get side and rear delts in one move.Could be wrong?[/quote]

Ive always held the same opinion. Also heard it’s not good for the rotary cuff. Lot of shot putters swear by it, though.

I tweaked my left shoulder pretty good by missing form on a behind the neck press. Been doing them frontside ever since. I don’t like big hurts like that.

Post that bench training brother!!!Your gonna hit 400!When you do I’m cooking italian food for the crew.

OK. Jimmy T, Criss, Myself, Wife, and Son got together for a bench session. Turned out real good. I borrowed Jimmys Titan shirt ( Ive been using an Inzer ) to see how would feel because its supposed to be for a wide grip bencher. What a difference. I had some trouble getting the weight down at first cause I wasnt used to the shirt. At the end though, well lets just say I think Ima gonna get me onea them there shirts!

135 x 12, 225 x 10, 275 x 8, 315 x 5, 365 x 2, 275 x 10.
Incline DB 3 x 12 x 65.
Standing Military DB 2 x 12 x 35
Dips BW 2 x 12.

Im real impressed with the wife. Shes coming along. Her bench has gone from 30lb to over 120. Maybe she can start her own thread.
Son just hit 5 x 6 x 135. Not bad for a 6’ tall skinny kid. He weighs 145.

Looking real strong Galaxie. 365x2 is excellent.

You are throwing around some pretty good numbers Bro! Is that 365 raw (no shirt)? I’m amazed at with what you went through that your numbers are this impressive. Great Job!

CW, thats with a shirt. To be honest guys, I never thought I would be able to bench 200 ( if I was lucky ) again. The Polio / CP really hit my legs bad. My right side was affected more, so my right arm is somewhat weaker than my left, but nothing like my legs. And I dont write about the days that I cant hardly move. Just kinda keep it to myself.

When youve lived with it as long as I have, you just shut up and do the best you can. Also this has changed my mental out look. I feel much better. Though some days the pain is tremendous.

Thanks for the motivation you give me Galaxie. Your wife and son are getting strong.

Real strong, period.

So where is the rest of your training?We deadlifted and built 4 sets of boards.Badda Bing.Badda Boom!!!Forgetaboutit.

Do your wife and son both do all the lifts-squats and deads as well?

[quote]63Galaxie wrote:
CW, thats with a shirt. To be honest guys, I never thought I would be able to bench 200 ( if I was lucky ) again. The Polio / CP really hit my legs bad. My right side was affected more, so my right arm is somewhat weaker than my left, but nothing like my legs. And I dont write about the days that I cant hardly move. Just kinda keep it to myself.

When youve lived with it as long as I have, you just shut up and do the best you can. Also this has changed my mental out look. I feel much better. Though some days the pain is tremendous.
[/quote]

That’s still moving some serious weight Bro! Great Job! Please don’t think my question was meant in any negative way at all. I was just curiuos is all…

On back day Jimmy T, myself and Son got together again.

Chins: BW x 1 x 10, +25lb x 1 x 10, +50lb x 5 x 5, BW x 1 x 10.

Low back was sore so I thought I would start out light. Went 135 for 10, moved up to 225 for 10. Still sore but, Jimmy T was there AND I couldnt wimp out - went to 315. Could only get 3. Back was just to sore.

I did try Sumo in an effort to relieve stress on my back. But I couldnt get the form right.
Called it quits for the day.

We did build some bench boards. After thinking / talking it over Ive decided Im not going to worry too much about all 3 lifts and , focus on my bench. Ill still do them, just not try to get heavy.

Instead I think Ill chase the Texas Bench record. Thus the bench boards.
Eco - YOU BET CHA! My son Is quite strong for his size. His bench is around 200, dead is close to 300, squat is in the 250 range. All these numbers are raw.

The wife has come a long way. My 10 year old neice was stonger than her - not any more. Her bench is 120 or so, squat is over 135 ( she has partial squated 225 ), she has dead lifted 135 as well.

CW in no way was I offended. I reread my last post and, I can see where that might seem to be the case. I think I was just feelin pretty bad that day and it came out in my post. Sorry bout that.

Yall really dont know how you boost me up. Thanx a Bunch.

Looking forward to bench on tuesday brother.Gonna hit it hard!!!