Introduction to Forum, Contest Pics

I dont agree with people saying that you arent ready to step on stage. As a natural your not going to get on stage at 5 8 and weight 200lbs.

Four years natural training I think you look good and if you keep it clean and stay with it you will continue to add mass to your frame.

Hard to critique you from the distant shots but certainly do not look out of place on stage and look competitive at your weight

[quote]Bona wrote:
Pretty much like everyone else said, grats on being able to get on stage, but you still need more lbm, which will come with time and work.

Also, awesome choice of song![/quote]

thanks, yeah the orchestra makes it sounds real powerful on stage, I always liked that one

Since u r very lean now, i think u can add 20-25 pounds of shredded mass without gaining any fat. and the next time u diet, dont eliminate carbs. when u r at low levels of bf, ur body will handle carbs very well.u need carbs to deliver the amino acids to the damaged muscles. without them, the delivery will be much slower, and the muscles will recover very slowly, u may even lose the fibres themselves.
lower overall calories,but dont go less than 150-200g of carbs per day.
congrts though, i think u did very well.

[quote]steel_12 wrote:
i think u can add 20-25 pounds of shredded mass without gaining any fat.

when u r at low levels of bf, ur body will handle carbs very well.

lower overall calories,but dont go less than 150-200g of carbs per day.[/quote]

So the gist of this post is… lower calories and gain weight without putting on fat?

LOL!

lower overall calories, the next time hes trying to diet, not trying to gain weight.

[quote]steel_12 wrote:
lower overall calories, the next time hes trying to diet, not trying to gain weight.[/quote]

Highlighting once again, the need for punctuation, spell checking and capitalizing.

Try it, you might find it helps.

[quote]Evolved wrote:
Are you a natural competitor>?[/quote]

Get the fuck out.

[quote]Evolved wrote:
I dont agree with people saying that you arent ready to step on stage. As a natural your not going to get on stage at 5 8 and weight 200lbs.

Four years natural training I think you look good and if you keep it clean and stay with it you will continue to add mass to your frame.

Hard to critique you from the distant shots but certainly do not look out of place on stage and look competitive at your weight[/quote]

yeah i am a natural and the show I did was a natural

I appreciate your comments, at the same time I understand what people were saying about my lack of mass. I do need more and I will add it.

I think sometimes its hard for people to take into account the bodyweight at competition conditioning levels. When you hear 5’8" 153lbs your thinking thats way too low but its not that terrible when you consider the fat loss, muscle loss (unfortunately), and water loss before stepping on stage as a natural.

[quote]Phate89 wrote:
Evolved wrote:
Are you a natural competitor>?

Get the fuck out.[/quote]

Wow what a genius, this question was ask to give him accurate feedback, as a natural competitor going to lots of shows I felt I could offer some relevant FB as I know what I have seen on the natural stage at evey level.

However if he wasnt a natural athlete I couldnt offer true praise of his LBM as I have nothing relevant to base it on and would instead not comment at all.

So in truth this question was asked as I thought that he was and not to expose him or anything of the sort.

Try being a little more constructive and not just hanging around only contributing to with posts like this in every thread.

Failing that, follow your own words of wisdom

[quote]mjc381 wrote:
Evolved wrote:

Hard to critique you from the distant shots but certainly do not look out of place on stage and look competitive at your weight

I appreciate your comments, at the same time I understand what people were saying about my lack of mass. I do need more and I will add it.

I think sometimes its hard for people to take into account the bodyweight at competition conditioning levels. When you hear 5’8" 153lbs your thinking thats way too low but its not that terrible when you consider the fat loss, muscle loss (unfortunately), and water loss before stepping on stage as a natural.

[/quote]

Dont get too bogged down with the weight, go by the mirror. Remember the natural game relies heavily on razor sharpe conditioning.

My old training partner is a former world musclemania champ and european champion he is about 5ft6 and weighs at comp 145. So as I said before dont get obsessed with the weight, dont “bulk” just go over maintenance and train hard.

All the best

[quote]Evolved wrote:
mjc381 wrote:
Evolved wrote:

Dont get too bogged down with the weight, go by the mirror. Remember the natural game relies heavily on razor sharpe conditioning.

My old training partner is a former world musclemania champ and european champion he is about 5ft6 and weighs at comp 145. So as I said before dont get obsessed with the weight, dont “bulk” just go over maintenance and train hard.

All the best[/quote]

yeah I can imagine how good he could look at 145 because I now understand what its like at very low BF and holding no water.

I need to add overall mass, but i believe the areas lagging the most are arms, especially biceps, and quads. I am working hard to rectify this situation.

Thanks again for the commentary

[quote]Phate89 wrote:
Evolved wrote:
Are you a natural competitor>?

Get the fuck out.[/quote]

Phate89,

I guess this was also a shot at me for not being big enough for the question to even be asked about me being natural or not.

you need to find an activity and stop acting like a massive internet tool, go hang out with drivethruhero

[quote]mjc381 wrote:
go hang out with drivethruhero
[/quote]

I think he is gone for good now. I hope he comes back with a picture of just his 21" neck.

[quote]mjc381 wrote:
Here are my stats before I began dieting for the contest:
Weight: 172
Height: 5’8"

1RM
Flat Bench: 275
Deadlift: 385
Squat: 305
[/quote]

Having almost identical lifts and being 22 lbs heaver, I find these shots to be inspiration. When my bulking cycle (not natural) ends in January and I begin a cutting phase, a similar physique is a realistic goal that I will strive for. Congratulations on competing, and even more so for doing it naturally. That is truly impressive.

*Edit: Hmm, did not notice that this was a 4 month old thread.