Introduction and a Question

Good Morning:

I am a 48 year old male in No Cali. I am on a current T replacement therapy for low T levels.

My first test showed total T at 271 and free T at 9.1.

I went on ANDROGEL, 8 pumps (10mg) daily starting about 7 weeks ago. 4 weeks ago I shifted to a custom compound of T3, 3mg in a 30ml liquid of 100% propylene glycol. It is less volume and I tolerate the pg well.

Follow up tests show that I am at 648 total T and 22.4 free T.

I felt better than ever. Libido back, body fat down, joint pain gone, elbow tendon injury healing, better erections, more fluid output, sleeping better, better outlook on life. I would apply at 9am and get a huge rush at 2-3pm each day. I have great amounts of energy.

I supplement with zinc, magnesium, Vit B, Vit D, potassium citrate.

I think I may be back sliding. Ankles hurt a bit, less energy, body fat looks like it is back up, less energy, no pm rush at all.

I have not had my estradiol tested yet.

Any thoughts?

hey there,

welcome on board

have you read any f the sticky threads at the top of this forum? If not, start there, then come back with questions.

I have gone thru the Estradiol sticky… man, that is a huge amount of information and very helpful as well.

I am going to request that my physician run another test and this time include estradiol. Also, After the holidays, I am going to start a concerted efforts to drop my body fat % ((current 26%). This might help.

One thought that I had was that my dosing is erratic. The vehicle for my topical is viscous and does not “drop” in a measured amount. I have to find a way to be more precise.

I any event, I find that my day to day reactions are erratic and non-homogeneous. I can only hope that, if I dial it back a little bit and get the dosing right, I will have even reactions.

Meantime, for the most part, I feel fantastic.

Most compounding pharmacies will provide a plastic calibrated “syringe”, without a needle of course, for dispensing topical creams and gels. They typically insert into the bottle top that the topical is dispensed in.

The main points you should consider concerning estradiol are: T converts to E2, high BF will often lead to high E2 levels, and you should be tested and placed on an AI if your levels are not close to optimal (22 pg/ml).

I have read the sticky’s. Here is my current situation as of my last test (12/18):

1. Total T: 1463 (I know, too high)

2. Free T: 43.5

3. Estradiol: 25.1 (Roche ECLIA Methodology)

I know that my T is too high. I am going to dial back the dose. Funny thing, I’m getting a huge increase of body hair.

Is the Estradiol too high? It is almost middle of the stated range but what do you guys think? Also, I was looking to have Total T levels of about 1000. Any thoughts?

Happy New year and Much Thanks,

Bernie

Is the Estradiol too high?

That is in the stickies. Serum E2=22pg/ml is the target. With your levels of T, your E2 is fine.

If taking an AI, you can reduce by the same proportion of the T dose reduction. Then increase that by a factor of 25/22.

You can get more accurate dosing with an oral syringe, as stated by PC Dude.

Much Thanks, I couldn’t find the info.

I feel as if some of my benefits have decreased. The energy is lower, the “healing properties” are reduced and my body fat has stopped dropping. I am examining my diet to see if there is an issue.

I can only wonder if too much T has a deleterious effect (besides headaches the the risk of stroke).

Much Thanks, I couldn’t find the info.

I feel as if some of my benefits have decreased. The energy is lower, the “healing properties” are reduced and my body fat has stopped dropping. I am examining my diet to see if there is an issue.

I can only wonder if too much T has a deleterious effect (besides headaches the the risk of stroke).