Into the Deep End

Deadlifting, chin-ups, weighted hyper X’s, high-pulls…I’ll program myself to dream about it…

…right, not exactly. Better than nothing I guess.
2x15 deadlift @ 135 alt. with
2x15 high-pull @ 85

deadlift  5x5 @ 225  alt. with
     hang-snatch 5x8 @ 95..trying to learn this one by watching videos online, and yes, I know how that sounds.

deadlift 4x3 @ 275   alt. with
   hyperx with 45lb. plate...4x15

finished off with Jump-shrug 4x12 @ 85.
just wanted to get something done, anything, in the end this actually felt pretty dam good, even though it certainly looks odd on paper. Better than the last couple of days for sure. Push wensday, 205 pin press? I think so.

wensday off. Got to do my pushing on thursday. Heavy pin press, push press, weighted dips (I’m hooked), flat hammer press, all after a warm-up of pushups, rotator stuff and ab moves…What am I missing?

Great work zman! How’s your back feeling after all thos DLs and hypers?

Didn’t train today, emergency at work, pushing on friday…DZ, I don’t feel anything from my deads ect…This week has been crappy/lazy for me. Perhaps I didn’t go hard enough. Next two days, I’m off work. Really got to go hard and heavy and get back on track. Godspeed.

[quote]zildjianman wrote:
…and there it is. Pin press, that’s what I’m doing. Still, un-racking the weight, LOWERING the bar ect.[/quote]
Man, Thats tough. If you had a spot things would be easer.
Thats a stout back work-out.
God Bless Lonnie

Greetings Lonnie. Honestly, I love that power rack, and not just for the safety factor. As i think about it, I bet I do about 75% of my work in or on that thing one way or another! Not many other people use it at all.

Alright, friday push HARD, sat. Pull HARD, Let me just get those two days…then we will see what sunday brings (lower body)…

Well that’s better, two great workouts fri. and sat…sunday off.

Pushed friday, same workout as before, but went up to 195lbs. and got 2x2 before fading. Pretty happy about that, everything else just felt lighter and smoother.

Saturday was deadlifting ect. After a new warm-up, bumped up the weight and did
2x5 @225
5x2 @ 285…grip was an issue. I was getting into a third rep but could never hold on.

Chin-ups 4 x 6 alternating with
hang clean 2x6 @ 90
floor clean 2x6 @ 135…this was a little odd but it felt really good.
Hyper X 4 x15 @ 45plate

High rear cross…4 x12 @ 25 on cables, which really fried my rear delts and traps. After a crap week finally, some good work. Need to push hard for 7 more days before my 6 x 12hour work week kicks in! monday legs, tuesday direct shoulder/arms…Let’s keep it rolling boys! God speed to us all.

Monday off…tuesday lower body HARD then right back to push and pull…should be fun. yeah, keep saying it…

So how’d Tuesday go?

jeez what a week. That pull was worse than I thought! Felt great with all the cleans ect…barely felt sore at all the next couple days until…tuesday. I’ve stuck with the same routine posted earlier, bumping up the weight a bit.

Started front squats and my back went wild twitching and stuff, it was strange indeed. I felt very week/tired in my low back from the deads and hypers ect…what a grind. Shut it down wensday and today, just felt run down, which was actually my plan of sorts. Congrats jackass! You’ve burnt yourself out!

…sort of burned out. I’m going hard again fri,sat and sun…leading into my 6x12 hour work week. Might just do some light stuff, energy work ect., but mostly rest up for work. Big push, big pull, lower half…then the grind begins. God speed.

[quote]zildjianman wrote:
Congrats jackass! You’ve burnt yourself out![/quote]

I know the feeling well! At least you recognize it. Gotta give yourself credit for that! :wink: Good work!

Cappy

sunday before work, did some pulling and some lower body. Yes, it sounds strange, but as I recall the work, it went quite well.
Doesn’t seem like much work, perhaps my body will disagree!

front squat 4 x 10 @ 135
alt. with
deadlift 4 x 8 @ 225…90 sec. rest back and forth…

romanian deads 2 x 10 @ 135
2 x 10 @ 185
alt. with
chin-ups 2x8
2x6
lying ham-curl 4 x 8 @ 85

alt. with
bulgarian split squat? 4 x 10 @ 20lbs.
(back foot on bench?)

hanging knee raise 4 x 15…quick up, slow lowering…
And that was it. Still took about 75 minutes. That was about all I had in me today. Now the long week begins. Take care all, and watch the D.N.C. news, you just might get to see Zildjianman on t.v.? Gosh my mom would be proud. See ya.

Burned out? Not so fast. 8.26…before work. Just had to keep moving, over did the dry carbs last 3 days so screw it, and get to work.

Just did a bunch of stuff for about 90 min. supersets, giant sets, just trying things out…just wanted to keep moving the whole time. ab work, high pulls, cleans, calf raise, lunges, rotator stuff…hang snatch, jump shrugs, db curls, bench dips…I already feel it soaking in. Back to work, where’s my gas mask…?

You have a lot of energy zild. I’m tired just reading about your super sets and giant sets.

The energy of a fool my friend! Back to work tonight and I am dragging along. Awake to much, asleep to little, only for a week but dang. I told myself I’d take this week easy, but I just keep grinding away. Diets been off, I know that’s why I’m pissed…so, wensday? push press, incline pin, dips, hammer press plus more ab work…Oh crap.

Ive been following you thread and all I can say is thats a lot of work, a lot of work.
God Bless

Oh that’s right, I was going to take it easy this week…My long work hours finally caught up to me. Got of at 8am…crashed at 9am…woke up at 630 pm…back to work at 8 pm…! Not sure why I thought I would train today, obviously needed some sleep. I’m sure there are many T-Nation men and women out there who crank out 12 hour days, 60 hour weeks ect. but I’m just not used to it! Not at all.

Not gonna train until friday (my next day off). As I think about it, I need to get another 6-8 week plan figured out. Really want to go even heavier, but smarter, than before. Bigger deadlift. Perhaps that one simple goal shall drive me. The question is , can I really “keep it simple stupid”?
God speed.

Less is more. If Im gonna try to go heavier I cut exercises. You know if I want a heavier dead lift, I will pull hard for 3 - 4 sets, maybe 2 sets each of under hand - over hand chins, 1 set of good mornings. Limit the secondary exercises. Something simple. In and out. I find at my age it helps with recovery.