Intimidating FB Players of the 90s

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
tmoney1 wrote:
First and foremost, Reggie White (RIP)

Kevin Greene. That man was crazy! I saw him headbutt a guy that was wearing a helmet, and Greene was in street clothes, no helmet on.

Bill Romanowski

Hey,tmoney1…like I told Dustin in “Florida vs. Michigan” thread…stop stealing our running backs…lol. Jermie Calhoun and Justin Johnson are gonna be beast for yall.[/quote]

Hopefully they can help us win some BCS games.

Derrick Thomas fo’ sheezy. Too bad he played for the wrong team

[quote]jp_dubya wrote:
rainjack wrote:
Charles Haley

Barry Sanders

Emmitt Smith

Jay Novacek

Troy Aikman

Daryl Johnston

Any Cowboy that won a ring.

great players, but intimidating? [/quote]

If 3 SB rings aren’t intimidating, I don’t know what is.

Only player to ever have five SB rings… 2 from SF and 3 from Dallas. Charles Haley

Ummmm…just because a player wins Super Bowl rings they are intimidating???
Yeeeeah, that Adam Vinatieri (4 rings), one “intimidating” guy. WTF???

My vote(s) go to Greg Lloyd, LT, and Ronnie Lott-

Im surprised this thread has gotten this far without The Bus…

I hope you are not referring to Mr. Haley. There is nothing intimidaing about Troy, Emmitt and Jay Novacek.

not so much physical intimidation just bad ass give it your all. Rocky Blier

[quote]tedro wrote:
Come on Boss…

Derrick Thomas![/quote]

Duh…thanks for that…can’t believe i forgot about him. Still can’t believe he’s not in HOF yet.

Second that for whoever mentioned John Randle…i always loved to hear him and his constant babbling…especially with Brett Favre(whom he sacked more than any other QB).

Speaking of Brett Favre and Packers…just imagine if Sterling Sharpe hadn’t hurt his neck and had to retire…Sterling Sharpe gets a vote from me…he was a beast at wide receiver…“A freight train,man…with stickum!!” hahah…i still remember that Nike commercial

Intimidating. John Randle is a great mention. You guys mentioned a lot of the intimidating guys of the 90’s. The league won’t let guys be quite as intimidating. Players today can’t do the same stuff Mean Joe Greene, Deacon Jones, and Jack Lambert did. Not too many “I’ll knock the shit out of you and then make you eat it off the ground” intimidaters out there. But I’m not on the field either. I’ll give two.

Sean Taylor: For the short time he was around, he’d smash you.
Bob Sanders: The spark to the Colts defense.

And Roy Williams: Since he knows he can’t cover you, he will horse tackle you to the ground in a heartbeat.

[quote]mr_slick wrote:
VINNIE JONES FTW![/quote]

Beat me to it!

[quote]oldcrabbybastard wrote:
I hope you are not referring to Mr. Haley. There is nothing intimidaing about Troy, Emmitt and Jay Novacek.[/quote]

Define intimidating.

I really don’t think linebackers were as glib as you when staring across the the line at Emmitt? Or on 3rd and 7, which linebacker wanted to have to cover Novacek? Which linebacker could?

When Troy was on, name a fucking defense in the NFL that wanted be embarrassed by him?

Maybe you should ask the Buffalo Bills. I’m sure they weren’t intimidated in the least.

1. to make timid; fill with fear.
  2. to overawe or cow, as through the force of personality or by superior display of wealth, talent, etc.
  3. to force into or deter from some action by inducing fear:

Players to consider while developing a game plan, yes. Scary no

2. to overawe or cow, as through the force of personality or by superior display of wealth, talent, etc.

Players to consider while developing a game plan, yes. Scary no[/quote]

superior display of wealth, talent,

Players to consider while developing a game plan, yes. Scary no[/quote]

I think that, by your definition (particularly #2), all of my guys fit the bill.

emmitt

troy

jay

lighten up dude, i didn’t say they were pussies…i just don’t think they were the most intimidating players of the 90’s. They are all badass players that defined a team and an era.