Interval Timer Track For iPOD?

I suspect this is out there somewhere, but has anyone created a 30 second interval timer for an iPOD? I wear my iPOD listening to music when I lift and when I walk/run. I want to start doing HIIT and I don’t have a sport watch and don’t really want to buy one.

However, if there is an interval track floating around that I can download then I’ll be golden. I found a Tabata interval track, but I was hoping for 30 second intervals for alternating between jogging and sprinting.

I used to have a 60 second interval CD for Power Hour, but someone spilled half a beer on it and let it sit there for a week. Power Hour is miserable without a CD.

Someone should release a mp3 player called the “fitpod” or something. With interval settings built in. also make it shock resistant and weather proof. Maybe a stop watch/lap timer built in also. Someone get on this… Unless one is already out. I haven’t really shopped around for MP3 players since I got one.

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:
I used to have a 60 second interval CD for Power Hour, but someone spilled half a beer on it and let it sit there for a week. Power Hour is miserable without a CD.[/quote]

How very sad to waste beer that way.

[quote]beaul wrote:
Someone should release a mp3 player called the “fitpod” or something. With interval settings built in. also make it shock resistant and weather proof. Maybe a stop watch/lap timer built in also. Someone get on this… Unless one is already out. I haven’t really shopped around for MP3 players since I got one.[/quote]

That is a good friggin’ idea.

[quote]TheWookie wrote:
I suspect this is out there somewhere, but has anyone created a 30 second interval timer for an iPOD? I wear my iPOD listening to music when I lift and when I walk/run. I want to start doing HIIT and I don’t have a sport watch and don’t really want to buy one.

However, if there is an interval track floating around that I can download then I’ll be golden. I found a Tabata interval track, but I was hoping for 30 second intervals for alternating between jogging and sprinting. [/quote]

How ironic, I was actually just searching for ideas for interval timing.

Your post gave me the idea to cut songs and put them into one file. Maybe something hardcore for 30 then something a little lighter for 30, etc.

There’s an audio program called “goldwave” that is really easy to use.

Basically you’ll just open the song, select a part of it, copy it into a blank file, and repeat until you have a track for interval training.

[quote]daltron wrote:
TheWookie wrote:

However, if there is an interval track floating around that I can download then I’ll be golden. I found a Tabata interval track, but I was hoping for 30 second intervals for alternating between jogging and sprinting.

How ironic, I was actually just searching for ideas for interval timing.

Your post gave me the idea to cut songs and put them into one file. Maybe something hardcore for 30 then something a little lighter for 30, etc.

There’s an audio program called “goldwave” that is really easy to use.

Basically you’ll just open the song, select a part of it, copy it into a blank file, and repeat until you have a track for interval training.

[/quote]

Brilliant!