Internet Junkies

[quote]bdocksaints75 wrote:
I’ve done something similar where I count how many people will actually make eye contact.[/quote]

I will use my iphone to AVOID eye contact…like at work when I’m trying to leave for the day if I see someone I know I’ll pull out the ol’ phone…pisses me off when people are CONSTANTLY on the phone as it’s like they have no idea they are ignoring you…ai yi yi.

And when the fuck did you have to answer EVERY phone call that comes in!!! That’s what fucking voice mail is for…I know there are some tards that will call and call and call and not leave a message, but that’s why you can turn the fucker off…pisses me off to no end when someone is like, “I have to answer. Could be an emergency”…O really? Are you fucking 911?

My computer that was really old and filled up with all kinds of bugs (both cyber and real) broke down completely just over a year ago and I just decided not to get a new one. I use the internet at work before I start work and after work and I do have a smart phone…but now at home I either watch TV with my woman or read on the sofa.

I’ve read more books in the year since I got rid of the computer than I used to in three years.

I think you can even see it here on T Nation…the number of posts I make has slowed down. I’m at 10,000+ but I’ve decelerated.

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
While this particular doc… [/quote]

Heh…

Sounds like this should be posted in the over 55 section cause you guys sound bitter, grumpy and old as hell :wink:

“Get off my lawn with your hip hop musics, googlebooks, facetube and twitagrams!!”

[quote]gregron wrote:
the over 55 section[/quote]
lol

I hate how people air out personal laundry on facebook. I feel embarrassed for these people. I think it is mostly a way for females to keep a tab on their counterparts. I hate how females always tag you in some lame chain message or animalfarmcultivator candy crush snorter game. Random made up females that are some type of scam account. The layout of the page always changes.

I bet you alot of people on this site at one point or another had a call of duty addiction. Ive logged months of game time in 4 of those games, wasted time but meh it was fun at the time took my mind off of everyday shit that I couldn’t change immediately. Wasting zombies made me feel better. Mind you I still had a job, was in school, with a female, and training.

[quote]gregron wrote:
Sounds like this should be posted in the over 55 section cause you guys sound bitter, grumpy and old as hell :wink:

“Get off my lawn with your hip hop musics, googlebooks, facetube and twitagrams!!”[/quote]

all you young whippersnappers just remember that “age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm”!

[quote]Jlabs wrote:
I bet you alot of people on this site at one point or another had a call of duty addiction. Ive logged months of game time in 4 of those games, wasted time but meh it was fun at the time took my mind off of everyday shit that I couldn’t change immediately. Wasting zombies made me feel better. Mind you I still had a job, was in school, with a female, and training. [/quote]

Between COD 4 - Black Ops 2, Fall Out III, & New Vegas + DLCs I’ve easily lost a year or two of my life…

[quote]Jlabs wrote:
I hate how people air out personal laundry on facebook. [/quote]

A facebook “friend” outed his wife for fucking the golf pro…guy was like 5 years older than me and more friends with my older brother. People were commenting like “sorry Jim” “Good luck” “You know she stil loves”…I couldn’t resist and wrote, “Did her golf game at least improve?”

This pretty much was the last thing I ever posted on facebook.

[quote]gregron wrote:

“Get off my lawn with your hip hop musics, googlebooks, facetube and twitagrams!!”[/quote]

Ha! And isn’t our addictive little T-corner of the internet an odd place to talk smack about people hooked on social media? (I say with a look over my shoulder to make sure no one can see me posting from work.)

Anything can form an addiction in the right person.

I discovered the internet when I was about 9 years old in 1997, and I have struggled off and on with internet addiction since. I can go days without the internet, and gave up my smartphone after a year with it, but I still recognize the hold it has on me. Feeling the “need” to check up on my favorite sites daily. The ability to connect with anyone in the world 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year is compelling to some people. I try to limit my time online, but when I have nothing to do it’s easy to find myself surfing the net, often re-checking websites multiple times, for hours at a time. Internet (or more specifically social media or online gaming) addiction has become almost normalized in today’s society.

As I said, I’ve struggled with it for years, even though I don’t go mad or crazy when deprived. It’s just something that appeals vastly to my personality, which is hard to control. Keeping a balanced work, social, and extracurricular life helps a lot. The first step to beating any addiction is awareness that there is a problem.

[quote]sen say wrote:

[quote]Jlabs wrote:

A facebook “friend” outed his wife for fucking the golf pro…guy was like 5 years older than me and more friends with my older brother. People were commenting like “sorry Jim” “Good luck” “You know she stil loves”…I couldn’t resist and wrote, “Did her golf game at least improve?”

[/quote]

I find it extraordinarily difficult to not do this sometimes.

I used to play World of Warcraft hardcore in my teens, and I’d sit for like 18 hours on end and never sleep and just eat diarrhea all day. In doing so, I felt bad about myself, because I was also trying to keep up my weightlifting (lolwasnthappening). I just grew out of it because I had high ambitions. I still have life long friends from that game that are becoming badasses in life through strength endeavors, but I also have some I keep in touch with online occasionally that are still ass-sitting all day and complaining to me about their petty problems. It’s such a crazy thing. Hard to believe the radical change in my life in such a short time, but I believe anything can be reversed.

[quote]sen say wrote:

[quote]Jlabs wrote:

[/quote]
That’s legendary. Laughed hard!

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]Jlabs wrote:
I bet you alot of people on this site at one point or another had a call of duty addiction. Ive logged months of game time in 4 of those games, wasted time but meh it was fun at the time took my mind off of everyday shit that I couldn’t change immediately. Wasting zombies made me feel better. Mind you I still had a job, was in school, with a female, and training. [/quote]

Between COD 4 - Black Ops 2, Fall Out III, & New Vegas + DLCs I’ve easily lost a year or two of my life… [/quote]
I love me some cod man, got gta5 on boxing day I play it on average an hour a day. Deleted some dlc from Black ops 2 to do so. Ive been cod free for a month lol. Getting the itch back, such a good shooter. GTA should have an option to shoot from first person would make it better. Great game though

[quote]sen say wrote:

[quote]Jlabs wrote:

[/quote]

Dude, why would you stop posting after such an epic post?

[quote]Jlabs wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]Jlabs wrote:

Between COD 4 - Black Ops 2, Fall Out III, & New Vegas + DLCs I’ve easily lost a year or two of my life… [/quote]
I love me some cod man, got gta5 on boxing day I play it on average an hour a day. Deleted some dlc from Black ops 2 to do so. Ive been cod free for a month lol. Getting the itch back, such a good shooter. GTA should have an option to shoot from first person would make it better. Great game though[/quote]

GTA is a lot of fun, although the online issues turned me off for a while. I’m slowly turning into a Battle Field guy, although, I still like me some COD.

do you guys play those games with a special gun controller or just the regular controller? I can never aim well with the regular controllers.

[quote]StevenF wrote:
do you guys play those games with a special gun controller or just the regular controller? I can never aim well with the regular controllers. [/quote]

Regular. I have the PS move w/ the gun and it pretty tough to use. I’ve never liked a mouse for gaming either. Probably because I grew up with controllers I guess.

[quote]silverblood wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

all you young whippersnappers just remember that “age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm”![/quote]

x2