T Nation

Internet Blacklist Bill

http://demandprogress.org/blacklist/

"Just the other day, President Obama urged other countries to stop censoring the Internet. But now the United States Congress is trying to censor the Internet here at home. A new bill being debated would have the Attorney General create an Internet blacklist of sites that US Internet providers would be required to block.

This is the kind of heavy-handed censorship you'd expect from a dictatorship, where one man can decide what web sites you're not allowed to visit. But the Senate Judiciary Committee is expected to pass the bill as soon as they get back after the election -- and Senators say they haven't heard much in the way of objections! That's why we need you to sign our urgent petition to Congress demanding they oppose the Internet blacklist."

This is crazy. I feel more and more like I live in China. When will people wake up and realize that this admin is out of control. I am glad you found this. There will be some say that it is no big deal, and the govt is just trying to protect us. Get ready for the haters. They do not like to hear Obama is a DICK tator

Super-T, you're an idiot. This idea has been around since long before the Obama Administration. Your government IN GENERAL has been far too close to a dictatorship for some time now.

That said, they are fucking insane for trying to push this through. How could they possibly think that the majority of Americans would support a bill so absolutely retarded?

After reading this: http://demandprogress.org/blacklist/coica , I have to say, what the fuck is the US Congress thinking? Are they high?

Communications Decency Act
Digital Millennium Copyright Act
Zyprexa cover ups

Thanks for showing up late to a losing battle.

I know this idea has been around, but it never went any where. I believe Obama could really get this done, judging the way they pushed health care down our throats. You are right our govt has been out of control for a long while, but it seems Obama has put it into hyper speed.